**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Omega Red taking bleed damage

Never had an issue with bleed, biohazard nodes using Omega Red until this monthly event quest fighting carnage boss chp. 2.1 I’m taking bleed damage please can someone help clear that up for me.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    He has always taken damage. He only reduces bleed by 90%. There's also a enhanced bleed node that increases bleed damage by 40%.
  • Chr1sChr1s Posts: 8
    Exactly reduced bleeds by 90% plus I have coagulate mastery so.. should completely negate the bleed damage no matter if they have 40% effective on the node
    Chr1s said:

Exactly reduced bleeds by 90% plus I have coagulate mastery so.. should completely negate the bleed damage no matter if they have 40% effective on the node

That's not how that works. They dont stack. OR's ability reduces the bleed by 90%. Coagulate reduces the remaining amount by up to 30%. If the bleed damage is 100, OR reduces to 10. Coagulate then reduces that by 30% which would be 7. Enhanced bleed would increase that 7 by 40% which you're basically back to 10 since DOT ticks don't have decimals.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Not quite how it works from what I’ve seen in videos.
    The 10% from coagulate does in fact give OR full immunity.

That aside, when the node is enhanced bleed he does take the enhanced damage. Not exactly sure how does the math work though (meaning how much damage does he take)
  • Bwest289Bwest289 Posts: 182
    I had the same issue with that carnage and my r5 5* omega. The biohazard bleed killed me. I’ve never had that happen before on a bleed node.
    Bwest289 said:

I had the same issue with that carnage and my r5 5* omega. The biohazard bleed killed me. I’ve never had that happen before on a bleed node.

How did the bleed damage kill you with OR? This is my 5* R5 against UC carnage-
    https://youtu.be/iZpC_4-NO9Q

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Chr1s said:

It was the same vs MS mini boss in AQ map 5.

Kabam is reinventing math.
    Same with redhulk. Even if you have over 100% resist you take damage when the damage is increased.

Chr1s said:

That's not how that works. They dont stack. OR's ability reduces the bleed by 90%. Coagulate reduces the remaining amount by up to 30%. If the bleed damage is 100, OR reduces to 10. Coagulate then reduces that by 30% which would be 7. Enhanced bleed would increase that 7 by 40% which you're basically back to 10 since DOT ticks don't have decimals.
    100% wrong bro
  • Bwest289Bwest289 Posts: 182

Bwest289 said:

How did the bleed damage kill you with OR? This is my 5* R5 against UC carnage-
    https://youtu.be/iZpC_4-NO9Q

I have to run the path again today, I’ll take a vid and see if it happens again.
    Seraphion said:

Chr1s said:

100% wrong bro
    Not wrong.
  • K3600K3600 Posts: 50
    Chr1s said:

Never had an issue with bleed, biohazard nodes using Omega Red until this monthly event quest fighting carnage boss chp. 2.1 I’m taking bleed damage please can someone help clear that up for me.

Yeah, I am facing the same problem for the first time on a biohazard node.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    I did some math. based on the Information provided by the videos presented:

-----------------------

Biohazard: Deals 100% bleed damage of the defenders attack over 7.50 seconds.
    Carnage has an attack of 4817. Meaning that over 7,50 seconds, the bleed damage will deal a total of 4817 damage to the opponent.

Now, let's add 40% effectiveness from the enhanced bleed node, and take out 90% from Omega Red's ability to resist bleed damage.

100% + 40% - 90% = 50%. So now, we know that the bleed damage will deal only 50% of the damage, which is basically half.
    From 4817 total damage on a bleed, he will get a total of 2408,5 total damage only.

Considering each second applies 2x ticks of bleed damage, then in 7,50 seconds we get a total of 15 bleed ticks of damage.

Now, let's pick the total damage (2408,5) and divide that by 15. The result is close to 161 which should be the damage per tick of the bleed debuff, against Omega Red.

And as you can see in the video above, the bleed does indeed deal 161 damage per tick against Omega Red.

Seraphion said:

Chr1s said:

100% wrong bro
    Not wrong.
    Dude. I run my omega since 4 months with DE and 1/3 in coagulate. You take 0 damage. The 90% and 10% are just added to 100%. And thats why you take bleed damage again if there is a node with "+40% bleed damage".
    You take 140% bleeddamage -100% = 40%.
    Im not saying that this makes sense. But that IS how it works so troll somewhere else.