**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    Other thing is when sometimes using Diablo or Nightcrawler and trying to drink concoction or change stance while holding block, AI is hitting in to block and it resets the timer from half back to start. For some reason game registers that i released holding block for a fracture of a second while my finger never left the screen.
    This is not that only AI randomly resets blocked frames lock, but it’s something more serious, It affects player and AI behavior while getting hit in to block.
    https://youtu.be/YQKzeOdbChk

If u check im not releasing block but it keeps on resetting timer of concoctions drinking.
    The fun part is that this thread does not appear in recent discussions page. They deliberately hiding this thread instead of fixing the issue. And this not the only one issue that this game has and devs are just completely ignoring it
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
    And it's Feb. 2020 and i am still getting KO when i use Omega! Please fix this block issue..
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Given that Abyss Masacre is designed around hitting into the enemy block, this bug could become very costly if not rectified.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Really wish Kabam would update this VERY old bug, that hurts players, and at least tell us what the status is.

Logically, just add a check that if player is constantly hitting into the block, then you can't launch a special.
  • This still occurs to me as well, in much of the content available and modes in this game.
  • Bryan_85Bryan_85 Posts: 43
    Guys this thread was started in August. It’s been months. After this last update, the hitting into blocks being countered with defenders throwing specials is getting worse and worse. Happened to me twice in AQ, and just did again in arena. Plenty of videos on this, happening across all devices and game modes. You have characters that are purposely suppose to hit into blocks, ie Massacre, and it gets returned with a special while you mash into the block. Has nothin to do with timing, cause I’m hitting as fast as the game will allow me too. It’s getting cheap and ridiculous, but it doesn’t benefit the players, so it’s not getting fixed quick.
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Lets face it, Cull bug, where he was massively overpowered, how long did that take to fix?

It wasn't very long, plenty of other bugs that benefited the players and not Kabam, got fixed incredibly fast.

I get it, it's probably difficult to fix, but when you have said that oh its always technically been possible, but rare, and now it's becoming common place. Lets face it, how many people actually wait between attacks instead of just throwing them out as fast as possible. Something had to have been changed somewhere for this to have become a regular occurrence instead of being rare as Kabam Mike said.

It's not going to be fixed, because if Kabam fixed it, they would lose money from the Revives/Health Potions/Energy refills.

After all, this topic is hidden, I mean if it wasn't being hidden, why is this topic not on the first page of topics in the subforum? Instead its I have no clue where, seriously, what page is it on???? Not in first 10 pages, nopt its on PAGE 16 right now, because apparently it hasn't been updated since December last year. SO seems fairly obvious that Kabam is keeping this, or trying to keep this hidden.

Plus, where is it on the 'Known Bugs' topic? Thats right. Its not.
  • Blaker78Blaker78 Posts: 133
    this has to be the most annoying issue in the game. Get this bug fixed! I play massacre a fair bit and the whole point of him is to hit into the block to get his bat charged but I am constantly getting smacked in the face. How can you have champions that require you to hit in to the block or even nodes like in the Abyss that require you to hit into the block yet have this massive bug!

We have been dealing with this since the beginning of last summer!
  • VancexClaRiiVancexClaRii Posts: 178
    Something is really wrong with the timing of Massacre, RedHulk, Omega Red against any opponent when we hit their blocks. An example fight is Red Hulk and Void (aggressive AI, probably on higher difficulty quests). While hitting the block, 80% of the time they are able to dex or launch their specials at your face. I have no videos for now, but I'll try to get one when I have a chance.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Against VtD, Map 6... hitting into his block, 2nd hit, he fires an L1 off. Fix this bug.
  • BigdawgBigdawg Posts: 27
    This has happened to me quiet a bit with various champs. Especially in arena. I've also gone in for intercept and been hit with a special that way as well.

Just now, still 5.2.3 medusa vs bw, hit with a medium successfully then was blocked on the second hit. What is going on right now? Since when can an opponent stop my successful combo!?

Since the block frame lock time has been reduced for the AI, to less than that that players are held to it would appear. Hence why they can block, dex, fire off a special, and sometimes hit you during your combo into their block.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Just now, still 5.2.3 medusa vs bw, hit with a medium successfully then was blocked on the second hit. What is going on right now? Since when can an opponent stop my successful combo!?

I dont think this has anything to do with this bug.
    edited February 2020

@Fredhorst23 Its Medusa signature ability, she autoblocks second hit when she has 3 fury buffs. Thats not a bug.
    I read that as he was running Medusa against a Black Widow; is that not the case @Fredhorst23 ?
    Just happened again.

My Void in AW against a Doom boss, he fired off an L1 between hits two and three into his block.

M-L-Supposed to be L but he fired an L1 into my face.

Fix this garbage.
    And happend to me again. Corvus vs mutant ultron drone in AQ Map 5 (he threw his SP1 after ML amd before I could use my 2nd L)
    If it wasnt day 1 I would have been dead
    It seems like it is usually between hits 2 and 3 into blocks...
  • Loco24x7Loco24x7 Posts: 68
    edited February 2020
    Map 6 day 1 today Corvus Vs Sabertooth node 26 hitting into block ate a S1 Kabam no updates on this?
  • AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    Happened to me again with Masacre against Thor in 5.3.5. Any updates? Just ranked up masacre and now hes a high risk low reward because I cant attack into blocks securely.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    On reddit, u/tnair2015 just posted a nice short video showing it is still happening. But it is not a youtube video, so I can only post the link to the thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/f5bfyc/why_opponent_using_sp_in_between_blockbeen/
    Okay. Today I had they worst bug in this case.
    4* omega vs 4* SW in arena.
    I hit MLL into her block.
    Im about to hit my 3rd L and she doesnt dash back or throw a special.

She INTERCEPTS me with a MEDIUM attack. Im not joking!

In the middle of my combo. No slow combo on the block. No lag or anything. Just straight intercepted mid combo.
    I was actuly laughing loud when it happend.

If that happens in an important match in war Im gonna throw my phone against the wall 100%.

• KnasKnasKnasKnas Posts: 28
    I'm doing act 5 chapter 3, and was using my Venom - hitting into Old Man Logan when suddenly he uses his sp2 in the middle of my combo. I know that I had no pause in between my hits, and its happened before as well. I see other players reporting this issue, but I can't find any example where Kabam has addressed whether it is intended or not.

Does anyone know if an intended feature, or if its a bug?
This discussion has been closed.