**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Siphon Wars

Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
Is it just me or has the siphon node pretty much ruined war? Unless your group has good quake players you basically get destroyed by blocking which isn't a mechanic in the game that should be removed. I really hope this global node is changed soon.

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Blocking hasn't been removed, it's been discouraged.
  • Seraphion said:

Just look at the champion. If he is on the final node he has HALF the block pen that node gets on 1 stack and it can go up to 3.
    Thats 6 times the pen the champion has.

For clarification, The Champion is an #Elder, not a #Villain. So Siphon wouldn't apply to him on the final node. There's PLENTY of other nightmarish situations that can occur with that DT already. Thankfully certain champs that would typically be viewed as 'Villains' are not tagged as such in MCoC.
  • Chenn24Chenn24 Posts: 9
    New global has pretty much ruined AW for me.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

Seraphion said:

Just look at the champion. If he is on the final node he has HALF the block pen that node gets on 1 stack and it can go up to 3.

For clarification, The Champion is an #Elder, not a #Villain. So Siphon wouldn't apply to him on the final node. There's PLENTY of other nightmarish situations that can occur with that DT already. Thankfully certain champs that would typically be viewed as 'Villains' are not tagged as such in MCoC.
    He never said The Champion was a #villain.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    This is actually a very terrible node. When I read the node at first I thought it was already stupid. Once I played it, my thinking was 100% correct. Glad they changed the evade drom 5% to 2% (really it went from 50% to 20% cuz they seem to evade more than 2% of the time)
  • Ocs06Ocs06 Posts: 79
    If you are not skilled enough, you cant handle it for sure. Only problem is for me wasting bit more potions. Last 2 wars, I killed sinister on buffet node with unduped captain america. I killed mefisto on masochism node. Killed lots of annihilus, mordo, kingpin on aegis node. Killed lots of mordo rhino annihilus etc on reverse control node in every single war and havent died once. Of course it is the hardest global node right now but before the change it was even worst. This one is way better. New aw rewards are amazing and this is the cost you have to pay. If you and your team skilled enough to handle this node then you can deserve to get those new rewards. We face with siphon node every single war but still we die maximum 8-10 times. It depends on your hand skills mate. I uploaded a ss from todays war. Both used siphon node. Their defence team were more harder than ours. We still put 4 star heroes for diversity. And this is the result of our skilled team vs theirs. We get almost the same result in every single war. Do you expect easier nodes for platinium level?
  • Markjv81 said:

Seraphion said:

To have Siphon apply, they need to be a Villain. To do what was described, it would imply they thought The Champion is a Villain. Which he's not. While it wasn't directly stated as such, doesn't mean it wasn't implied by the wording.
    Seraphion said:

From what I can see, that's the implication that Siphon would apply to The Champion (3 stacks of Block Penetration coming from Siphon, yes?). Why would they even mention The Champion in this thread otherwise? While he does seem Villainous, fact remains, he doesn't have the Villain tag. It's an honest mistake. Just posted clarification that such a situation needent be worried about. Y'all can disagree all day, doesn't change what is.

• PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Ocs06 said:

joke1004 said:

I find it just sad that Kabam didn’t say anything about this issue so far. It’s like they don’t care ...

It always seems like they dont care mate. You cant do anything about it. But node is more easier then before for sure.
    I’m curious as to how that reasoning comes about?

Moving that aside, I find it funny that kabam seems to selectively choose when to preach (we need more diversity via having people ranking up garbage champs) but hold no limits to people using siphon all the time as the global node.

I wonder if they ever considered limiting how many times a global node could be used in a week, similar to aq with the modifiers.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    AW is piece of... !! least fun mode of this game with this siphon node!! -3000 block proficiency!! with some of
    most agressive AI and such defense loaded monsters like Km, anihilus, venom(sp2 basically) gobline, p2099,are they trying make everyone quit caring abt wars n retire to g2,silver alliances!?? if they r they r definitly succeeding
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    One word: “Ghost”
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    This global just plain sucks, one war left for the season and every war we had this whole season was siphon. This global is so OP, why would any alliance use another global.

This is coming from a T1, top 5 aw season alliance.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★

Markjv81 said:

Seraphion said:

To have Siphon apply, they need to be a Villain. To do what was described, it would imply they thought The Champion is a Villain. Which he's not. While it wasn't directly stated as such, doesn't mean it wasn't implied by the wording.
    Seraphion said:

From what I can see, that's the implication that Siphon would apply to The Champion (3 stacks of Block Penetration coming from Siphon, yes?). Why would they even mention The Champion in this thread otherwise? While he does seem Villainous, fact remains, he doesn't have the Villain tag. It's an honest mistake. Just posted clarification that such a situation needent be worried about. Y'all can disagree all day, doesn't change what is.

On the contrary, they said if Champion was on the final node, his block penetration is half that of one stack of siphon.

Champion gets block penetration, on his own, when attacking or defending the final node, and is one of the few champions that has block penetration as an ability on his own.

Siphon, on the other hand, gives 2x-6x the amount to every villain on the map. While it does not give it to Champion, he is the main idea of block penetration most people have experience with.
  • mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    I don't know about you guys but i just had a war in T2 where our oponets didn't explore everything. First time I saw that during any season and honestly, i don't blame them.

It simply doesn't seem to be worth it anymore. The rewards got better but the costs are way too expensive.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Seraphion said:

You missundetstood me. I mean look at the PB that the champion gets on a final node. Siphon is x 6 that PB with 3 stacks. This should show in an easy way how OP that global node is. Maybe I didnt made that too clear.
  • Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

You missundetstood me. I mean look at the PB that the champion gets on a final node. Siphon is x 6 that PB with 3 stacks. This should show in an easy way how OP that global node is. Maybe I didnt made that too clear.
    That makes more sense, so my bad for misinterpreting @Seraphion . At the end of the day, be it Challenger or Expert, this DT is overkill. Expert is just that much worse. We got a taste of both this Season and with only 2 wars to test new 5 new DTs, we didn't find out the ugliness until we were a few wars into the Season. After a run with it in Expert being +1500 per stack, Challenger at +1000 wasn't as devastating.

It almost directly counters CAIW. Yeah you can get the Kinetic Charges via Well Timed Blocks and mitigate some of the damage, but after the 1st hit on say a Stun Immune or Debuff Immune, the rest will cut straight through stacking up. It's madness. If the champ isn't immune to Incinerate (be it the node or natural immunity) Sunspot might be a decent counter.

Truth is, you either avoid getting hit in any manner of speaking, or be ready to lose a fair amount of health. 5* R5 CAIW vs a 6* R1 Juggernaut on Unstoppable Toggle took 12k in block damage. Didn't get a direct hit once. That's a bit ridiculous. Hopefully this thread gets taken into account and some retuning of the DT occurs over the Off Season.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    AW is just terrible. These new globals have just made a bad situation worse.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★

Its ridiculous how siphon has almost monopolized the defense tactic system

Like bulwark did at the beginning.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Just remove the AA increase of 50%. Then Blade could do well on this. Blade needs a buff these days😂😂😂
  • Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★
    Ocs06 said:

If you are not skilled enough, you cant handle it for sure. Only problem is for me wasting bit more potions. Last 2 wars, I killed sinister on buffet node with unduped captain america. I killed mefisto on masochism node. Killed lots of annihilus, mordo, kingpin on aegis node. Killed lots of mordo rhino annihilus etc on reverse control node in every single war and havent died once. Of course it is the hardest global node right now but before the change it was even worst. This one is way better. New aw rewards are amazing and this is the cost you have to pay. If you and your team skilled enough to handle this node then you can deserve to get those new rewards. We face with siphon node every single war but still we die maximum 8-10 times. It depends on your hand skills mate. I uploaded a ss from todays war. Both used siphon node. Their defence team were more harder than ours. We still put 4 star heroes for diversity. And this is the result of our skilled team vs theirs. We get almost the same result in every single war. Do you expect easier nodes for platinium level?

As someone who plays T2 wars I can say that you definitely don't know what you're talking about.
    You should try Siphon node at these grades and then talk. You have to face 5/65 o 2/35 6s (even 3/45 6s sometimes) with incredible health pool, very tough nodes AND siphon. This global node is just too op, and definitely doesn't help to increase that defense diversity, as people are filling maps with villains because why not? It grabs all your potions and sometimes just too overkill.
    And remember, it is not just block penetration, they also gain +50% aa, thi is ridiculous.
    Hope Kabam changes this node for next season, as it gives an incredible advantage to whales and not to skilled players.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    2k damage on parry. Of course there are some fights/nodes you can avoid it but you can't play around it every champ/node combination. It's BS.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Perfect ghost or quake gameplay or you get rkted.

Facing a R5/R2 Rhino on aegis intercept is just nasty. Why do I have to play path 9 every war :(
  • Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★
    Seraphion said:

Perfect ghost or quake gameplay or you get rkted.

Facing a R5/R2 Rhino on aegis intercept is just nasty. Why do I have to play path 9 every war :(

feel you bro :(
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    Is there any word from Kabam on this issue? Will Siphon get balanced for next season?
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    Tier 4, Plat 4 is the AW sweet spot imo.

The rewards relative to the resources and effort required are ok.
    Tier 3 upwards is a big jump in difficulty. Not so big of a jump in rewards.