**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Upcoming Champion Buffs

TeeJay_6TeeJay_6 Posts: 4
edited February 2020 in General Discussion
Heard a rumor going around the following champs will get buffed:
Abomination, hulk.cyclops, .A.venom, dardevil groot, karnak, Howard
Does anybody know something specific? Abomination and Daredevil were in the last poll as i remember

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Damn this only means a bunch will probably be getting nerfed too
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    TeeJay_6 said:

Does anybody know something specific? Abomination and Daredevil were in the last poll as i remember

It was a community poll, which let us decide for the 2nd time, what champion shall receive a buff.

Hulkbuster won the poll, so he's getting buffed.
  • TeeJay_6TeeJay_6 Posts: 4

TeeJay_6 said:

It was a community poll, which let us decide for the 2nd time, what champion shall receive a buff.

Hulkbuster won the poll, so he's getting buffed.
    That's the poll i meant. Knew about HB but all the other champs are a surprise to me.
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    They were on the poll but aren't getting a buff...
  • Dc0909Dc0909 Posts: 23
    Link to the poll?
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Cyclops wasn't on the champion update poll so I don't know if you are mistaken or if it's from something else.
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    Neotwism said:

Cyclops wasn't on the champion update poll so I don't know if you are mistaken or if it's from something else.

He's already so effective for everything, why is there a need to buff him?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    It's true that they mentioned that everybody who is listed on the poll was eventually going to get rebuilt HOWEVER they wanted the community to dictate who was the highest priority. They also pointed out that it would still be quite some time before all the aforementioned champions would be rebuilt since rebuilding a champion from the ground up can take up to 6 months.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★

Kabam said anyone in those polls will eventually get buffed.

Watch them buffing 2 champs per year and releasing 3 new ones who'd need a rework a year later
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★

It's true that they mentioned that everybody who is listed on the poll was eventually going to get rebuilt HOWEVER they wanted the community to dictate who was the highest priority. They also pointed out that it would still be quite some time before all the aforementioned champions would be rebuilt since rebuilding a champion from the ground up can take up to 6 months.

So do you really think it takes 6 months to take oml from what he was to what he is?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    Aleor said:

So do you really think it takes 6 months to take oml from what he was to what he is?
    That seems to be what it took for Old Man Logan and Colossus. People are quick to jump on the argument that all you do is just give somebody an extra Fury stack and they are golden, However, they still have to work out the percentages of how potent something like that can go for, if there's going to be a cap of how many stacks of Fury they're allowed to have. Whether or not they need to update the synergies or rework mechanics of the character. And once you start getting into those areas that is where it can take longer than you'd like. Also people are quick to point out the Gamora buff as a counter argument to things not taking as long but Kabam themselves have gone on record saying that it still took longer than people realized and the only reason why it was such a surprise was because they never mentioned it.
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    In ebony maw’s patch notes, Kabam mentioned a few of those characters and said that they believed those champs needed a buff. This only means that they may appear on the next champion poll