**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Longshot damage

Hi Kabam,

Given some gameplay is already out for longshot. WILL KABAM BE NERFING HIM? Please let the public know now before the crystals are out for him. Let this message be out BEFORE the crystals are actually available.

Looking forward to your reply.

Comments

• KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    they didnt balance or buff nova so i doubt we get any response before he goes out for sell
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    edited February 2020
    What is his utility? Just nullify buffs? Against Hyperion mini in AQ, for instance, is good choice? And against all or nothing nodes, would work?
  • MokkieMokkie Posts: 95
    NCB_pt said:

What is his utility? Just nullify buffs? Against Hyperion mini in AQ, for instance, is good choice? And against all or nothing nodes, would work?

Against oppo without buffs, he is superb. Against oppo with buffs, he will be the best mystic in the game, the least for damage
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Yes bait switch. We spend $ with crystals and time in arena then nerf. Lack of trust here
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Tell me: which balance update has made a champion unplayable? (12.0 doesn't count, that isn't a balance change as undetstood today

Where did he say that longshot will become unplayable?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Tell me: which balance update has made a champion unplayable? (12.0 doesn't count, that isn't a balance change as undetstood today

I would agree the rebalance of champs haven't been that bad at all. That is why I would just temper expectations with his damage output as it looks a little too OP right now.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    I've explored this EQ, and I didn't see anything that stood out for him. How is his damage OP?
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★

I've explored this EQ, and I didn't see anything that stood out for him. How is his damage OP?

Terrible. Don’t get him
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★

Let him hit you with his special 2.
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    edited February 2020
    100 hits on a 5* 3/45 for winter soldier rol... that's not even a buff hero. To say it's high is an understatement. Unbuffed mind you. Higher and against buff champs far higher than Sunspot but with fate seal, buff steal, 300% base ability accuracy, power gain , etc
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Mokkie said:

NCB_pt said:

Against oppo without buffs, he is superb. Against oppo with buffs, he will be the best mystic in the game, the least for damage
    what is oppo?
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 712 ★★★★
    edited February 2020
    Overrated. You don't take a mystic champ for his damage.
    1. Lagacy couldn't finish that path because of Annihilus. SymS or Claire wouldn't have that problem.
    2. Would you take Longshot against 626 Champion ahead of SymS or Claire? No.
    3. Because he needs parry to land heavies, he's not AW attacker. No regen, special armor to reduce damage.
    Mystic champs are for niche fights, specific paths, boss fights. You want raw damage, you take someone else.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    Like they they would ever tell us in advance lol.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    edited February 2020
    They have been told he is too strong. Content creators have already told them he needs rebalance. To release him now as is, they can not claim they didn’t know. Releasing his crystal is saying they are ok with it. Trying to change it later is bait and switch
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★

They have been told he is too strong. Content creators have already told them he needs rebalance. To release him now as is, they can not claim they didn’t know. Releasing his crystal is saying they are ok with it. Trying to change it later is bait and switch

They need more data to really know.
  • They have been told he is too strong. Content creators have already told them he needs rebalance. To release him now as is, they can not claim they didn’t know. Releasing his crystal is saying they are ok with it. Trying to change it later is bait and switch

"Bait and switch" is the term used to describe the practice of advertising one thing, but then refusing to sell that thing and offering an inferior product instead. Champion crystals are not bait and switch by definition, because a) Kabam explicitly states what they are: they tell you champions are not for sale as a material good, b) they tell you you're only paying for a service, and c) they tell you all parts of the service can change in the future. Not only that, you're acknowledging here that you're aware of this practice. This means you cannot claim Kabam is selling you something you're unaware of.

Champions are not like cars or toothpaste or anything else people keep trying to claim, because the terms of service for the game explicitly state that no part of the game is a thing you're buying or have any property rights to own. And if you refuse to agree to the terms of service, you have no legal right to play the game. You're essentially stealing an online service.

Separate from the legal issue, there's the separate ethical issue. People can't claim Kabam acts in bad faith, when they buy champion crystals knowing Kabam rebalances champions and then claim they have been wronged when the champion changes. If you know it could happen, are told it could happen, and admit you're aware it has happened in the past, you can't claim you were not fully aware of the circumstances when you went into the arrangement.
  • Every Champion after release can be subject to a Rebalance of their Stats. We have not been shy about this, and we made it very clear in the past that you should keep this in mind when making Champion Acquisition and Rank Up decisions.

No decisions will be made until Data has been collected and analyzed.

As demonstrated by this first round of rebalances, we never intend for these to be large swings in either direction, so if you love a Champion now, we want you to continue to love that Champion after.
This discussion has been closed.