**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Persistent Charges should last throughout an arena

Summoner's champions should carry their persistent charges throughout an arena for those three days.
They would be available within each segmented arena and would reset after the three reset.

Comments

• Yes - It would at least make the charges relevant in arena and not as boring
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    Why should they? Champs lime Morningstar or Corvus' charges last through quests. Arenas aren't quests. Makes no sense for them to last all three days.
  • MSG_KnightMSG_Knight Posts: 8
    edited February 2020
    I agree that arenas are not quests. I threw this out as a suggestion a while back, and I still stand behind it. But please allow me the time to outline a couple of points regarding this. You may like, you may not - that's fine to me. But why not delve down this rabbit hole just a little and see what we may...

A) Arena is a great place to hone skills. You can use champions you might not otherwise use in other areas like AQ, AW, Act 6, Variants, Labyrinth, or Abyss. Maybe these champs are continuously locked on a defensive team for diversity. By allowing charges to persist through an arena, players can learn fundamentals to their champs that they might not normally be inclined to use.

B ) Arena, as stated, lasts for 3 days - but honestly, how many uses do you get out of a champ in a three day arena?
    5*'s - probably 9 times. 6*s - maybe six... At least, these are my usual counts (I don't use units to refresh my champs when I grind arenas, sorry)... Now compare this to the amount of times you would use one of these champs during a line in a normal map - I'm going to make a stab that it is roughly the same amount of times. Sure, you can give or take a few. Most likely, especially for 6*s, you'll get more use out of these champs running a line then you would in an arena.

C) They are attributes inherent to the champions - which means that for many of these champions, the persistent charge is what defines these champions. Example, Aegon without carrying his charges from fight to fight is basically a really, really weak Star-Lord. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that in one single fight, the ramp up on Star-Lord far exceeds that of Aegon... Essentially you have stripped the defining characteristic of a champion, making them better looking Adaptoid or Symboid.

D) It gives the arena a little more kick. Let's be honest, arena grinding sucks. I spend hours every week just running arenas. I know it sucks. Why not add a little more flair? Because that single fight with a character with a persistent charge is going to be a bit more OP on Day 3? You've already fought around 300 - 450 individual fights (yes, that's 100 - 150 rounds, a relatively average 4* featured arena), aren't you a little tired of the exact same thing over and over again yet? At this point, you've hit your streak - nothing is really going to stop you except for, well, you. So why not add a little extra oomph here and there against an AI team? You aren't going to hurt the AI's feelings.

E) The points don't change. Honestly, they won't. Some may be able to overcome fight 14 and begin streaking for the first time. Good for them. It's inevitable anyways. The ones who grind day to day, fight to fight, arena to arena are going to do the amount of fights they always do. Having a Corvus who has max charges on day 3 in fight 128 isn't going to make or break anyone's game or any of the current scoring averages. Sure, that one fight may be easier, but at this point - pretty sure it would've been a win regardless.

If you are still reading this, I applaud your tenacity. I should have thrown in a random joke about a duck or something. But these are five simple points that I have. It is a suggestion, and I will stand by it. I think having persistent charges enables fundamental champion understanding, it doesn't overuse the charges, it utilizes abilities that define these champions, it adds more flavor to the arena, and in the end, the points won't change. Thank you for your time... Now back to the arenas.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    And, what if the defenders keep their charges too???
    Imagine facing a ST with 12 furies at the begining.
    The Champion with 5 charges.
    Mephisto/MS with soul charges.

Have to disagree, sorry.
  • Kurac_4Kurac_4 Posts: 13

And, what if the defenders keep their charges too???

Have to disagree, sorry.

I am preety sure defenders do keep persistent charges
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Kurac_4 said:

I am preety sure defenders do keep persistent charges

Yep, but not in arenas.

This is why you have to one shot the champs with persistant charge in AW.
  • And, what if the defenders keep their charges too???

Have to disagree, sorry.

So for this point to be valid, you are making a couple assumptions... First that the AI is actually winning battles against summoners, and probably correctly that those AI created teams from a small group have charges carrying from all of their defensive battles.

I would suggest, because this is a suggestion, that the charges built up by an AI by that specific opponent against you would carry over for battles against you. Again, this means that you will probably see that specific opponent with that specific champ a very few amount of times, and then you can decide to fight 2 other options rather then that team. Most champs have a limited number of charges that they can carry and most of those charges come from winning battles. So if you can't beat The Champion, Mephisto, ST, MS, or Corvus - then this is a moot point because the majority of their persistent charges rely on winning or dominating a match.