**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which Champ Critically Changed The Game For You?

Comments

• SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 ★★
    4* Maxed Venom. The buff to him single handedly made me come back to the game, and he is such a power house that just carried me through most of Act 5. He's mostly on the bench these days, but god him as a 6* is what I want the most over any other Champion.
  • QucolucrjuQucolucrju Posts: 17
    My first rank 5/65 was Domino. I was able to clear a ton of permanent content that had been plaguing me for years
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Awakened 5* Ghost Rider started rolling through content for me at 4/55 and is amazing at 5/65. I don't even run Blade, and he's still ridiculously adaptable and runs whole paths singlehanded.

Like @SlashingSunset above, my best Alt account pull was duping 4* Venom, which let me suddenly and rapidly finish Act 4 with that account. I took him at 4/40 against the Venom boss at the end of Act 4 via the short path; just to see how much damage he could do, and one-shotted him.
    Completely blew my mind. I've got 3/45 Hyperion on that account now; and still use Venom more often!
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Ghost. Third 5 star and carried me to Uncollected
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 124
    I was gonna say Namor because hes enabled alot of things recently but thinking back it's actually 2 champions, Archangel and Ghost Rider. I quit the game for about a year during 2018 because I was fed up with the game, sold all my champs(except 5* thank goodness that wasnt an option) and deleted the game to play Forged to Fight. A year later I leave FTF, for reasons, and log back into this. I wasnt Uncollected, I had 6 4*s to my name and my 5* roster was GARBAGE(were talking r4 Ironman and r4 Spoderman, both the OG versions). About a month in I pull and dupe Archangel in a 3 crystal span, then about 1 month later I did the same with Ghost Rider. That enabled me to clear Uncollected
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    God I can't even begin to describe how big of an impact 4* SL had for me. This was waaay back when he was still easily the #1 tech, and arguably the best champ (definitely top 5) in the game. I got him after 12.0 but he was one of the few survivors of that patch.. And I had an AG for him and I was able to get him up to 5/50 sig 70ish within a week of getting him. And the rest was history..

Back when designated boss killers were a thing, I used SL all the time in both AW and AQ. I tore through act 4 with him, and he still put in a ton of work for me in completing act 5. By the time I got around to exploration I didn't use him as much except for 5.3 as he didn't much care about the attack penalty once you go to about 30+ hits. He was my MVP in uncollected EQ's for months. He solo'd my first clear of RoL (even wolvie, with enough hits or a bit of luck from the l2 heal block he can outpace the regen). He was just so good at that time.

Not only did he get me through tons of content, I feel he simply just made me better at the game. I had to get used to intercepting and not getting hit to maintain his damage. It helped me master how to bait specials and manage my opponents power for more combo oppurtunities. I know he's not as good as he once was, what with sparky (though I've always preffered SL over sparky), ghost and aegon out now, but I'll always love my SL. I still use him every now and then in the monthly EQ's just for the hell of it. Somehow the 5* version still eludes me, but I'd heavily consider an r5 on him just for the nostalgia.
  • KingTLRKingTLR Posts: 3
    capiw with skill/tech in team.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Trio of 4* maxed AA, Void, sparky.
    This trio was so valuable for me that I did the champion's clash heavyweight quest (hardest content of the time) with these.

I was about 180k ish rating at that time. I didn't had much use for the rewards as they were too op. It was the most game changing moment for me.
  • Nightbat216Nightbat216 Posts: 195
    For me back then was my 3* starlord max sig
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★
    OG damage king duped STARLORD!!
  • Corvus Glaive, really helped me with the speeding of exploration 100% from Act, to Variants
  • My Sparky. He got me uncollected.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    Before 5*s
    Scarlet Witch
    Dr Strange

Post 12.0
    5* Gwenpool
    5* Hyperion
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Void.

I was having terrible 5* Luck from regular crystals and I don't use units to buy crystals, so I saved up my shards for a bit (back when doing so was MUCH harder). When Void's crystal came out, I opened 2 and got him. I used my Science awakening gem on him and got him to around sig 100 right away.

He was leaps and bounds better than any of my other champs at the time. He helped me clear a ton of content. I decided to build a team around him. I used him for most fights in LOL to get enough shards to get Killmonger and Sabretooth from their featured crystal batches. I then saved up for the next champ who would synergize well with Void. Then they introduced Omega Red and I got him the first day he was introduced into the crystal.

This 4-way synergy team was incredible. It's still my go-to team for Uncollected EQ. Void has been on my attack team for nearly every war since I got him. My favorite champ, hands down.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Most recently, Warlock and Doom, but early on it was 5-star Gulk, my second 5-star champ. He helped me clear a ton of content back in the day.
  • My fourth 5*, Cap. IW, carried me very hard through act 5, AQ and AW, and still to this date.
  • Zakrw_317Zakrw_317 Posts: 50
    I'd have to say for me it was Corvus when I got him from a premium the day he entered the premiums. I immediately became a god lmao. But no seriously Corvus has carried me through a lot of content.
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★
    Corvus Glaive and Domino
  • KobeLivesKobeLives Posts: 44
    Cull. But not anymore
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Blade—years ago, when his 5* featured made its run right after his featured arena (late 2017? Early 2018?).

I had been sitting on a 5* skill AG since 12.0 and had nearly burned it on WS several times out of boredom and frustration. Blade popped out and immediately went to R4 and L100 same day. Act 5 wouldn’t have been the same without him.

Dr. Zola
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    5* Ghost ...(and somewhat 5* Iceman)
    Learning the basics of ghost ... really got me to uncollected ..

My next jump was pulling 6* Venom (my first 6* ..)
    He's a beast ... solid champ.

Most recently, awakening Ghost and R5 her .. is making a huge difference once again.
    :)
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Aegon.

But I’m afraid to say that to do not let Kabam nerf him:-)

So I’m not going into details here..
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    2 instances I can think of, first being 5* Voodoo. I got him out one of those 5* class crystals 2 years ago as I was finishing up act 4, and he helped me finish it off and eventually hit uncollected and complete act 5. I duped him a couple months after getting him and for 2 years straight he was my mvp, saved me tens of thousands of units over that time.

More recently, I pulled 5* Starky last December, then duped him a month later and took him straight to r4 and he's been bulldozing through content for me. He's my first real damage champion, big change from ending every fight 50+ hits.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    I pulled Captain IW, Iron Man IW during the 4th of July offer in 2017 from the Marvelous Crystal. An they carried me through Act 4, especially that annoying Magneto with the Aggresive Regeneration Node!
  • I pulled Captain IW, Iron Man IW during the 4th of July offer in 2017 from the Marvelous Crystal. An they carried me through Act 4, especially that annoying Magneto with the Aggresive Regeneration Node!

You mean 2018 right? Those champs weren't realeased in 2017