**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should Kabam lock the kick function when Alliance rewards come out?

Let me know what you think. I don't have an opinion on the matter but would love to hear what people have to say.

Comments

• EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    Yes. I think that if you're participating in the last war, you should be locked into the ally until the rewards drop.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    No, if you need to swap someone for AQ it doesn't make sense to lock the ability to kick. It should always be the option for the leaders of the alliance. I think for AW rewards it would be best if you qualified for the reward and were in that alliance after the last war you should receive the rewards still but I don't know if that is possible or easy to code to implement. If not then I think it should stay how it is.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Or be more open to looking into tickets if people claim they got wrongfully kicked (with some prof of activity level.) Rather than saying they don’t interfere with alliance internal discussions
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Maybe for the last 10 days, disable kicking
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    Yes a lock should be in place. If a person put in the effort but not up to other peoples standards then a lock should be in.

Its the main reason I stopped doing wars. Join put in my time but because my output was not as x, y, z whale spender I am kicked. Then the other is people get kicked because X, y , z league jumper is needed or is friend of a friend of someone and has to join g NOW....lowest man on poll gets kicked before rewards.

• Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    I think introducing a voting system where a certain amount of people must agree in alliance to kick someone might help some situations. If the individual is looking at getting kicked and the majority of people agree that kicking the person is warrented they can use a majority vote to do it
  • Zakrw_317Zakrw_317 Posts: 50

I think introducing a voting system where a certain amount of people must agree in alliance to kick someone might help some situations. If the individual is looking at getting kicked and the majority of people agree that kicking the person is warrented they can use a majority vote to do it

I actually kind of like this idea and wouldn't mind if they implemented this.
    Zakrw_317 said:

I actually kind of like this idea and wouldn't mind if they implemented this.
    Not sure how easy it would be to implement but i reclon it would solve a lot of problems
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Seems to be an alliance issue not a kabam issue. If leadership in an alliance is doing this without reason the members should probably move on to a better alliance. If there is a good reason for kicking someone there isn't a problem. No need for kabam to have to get involved with alliance management it defeats the purpose of having leaders and officers.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    They need to solve this problem is very unfair to people that get kicked before season rewards after all the hardwork can make someone quit the game.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    If your a good member you dont need to worry about being kicked. I've been a leader/officer for almost as long as I've played this game (5ish years). I've never once screwed people out of rewards. Mind you I've only ever played at gold 1 level. If you play p1+ then your choosing to be in a highly competitive atmosphere which means if you don't cut it your gone.

As many officers/leaders here will agree you will not make 29 members suffer because of 1 member. So if your being kicked there is a reason.
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    On the Last war of the season, yes there should be a lock, if you as a leader or officer hasn't kicked a dude all season then you have no right to kick that person on the last war of the season, that's plain heartlessness no matter what he or she did, you were okay with their contribution for the whole season bar the last war??? Yeah that shouldn't be happening.
    Stingerbk said:

On the Last war of the season, yes there should be a lock, if you as a leader or officer hasn't kicked a dude all season then you have no right to kick that person on the last war of the season, that's plain heartlessness no matter what he or she did, you were okay with their contribution for the whole season bar the last war??? Yeah that shouldn't be happening.

So if someone decides the last war of the season to not place defense or decides they don't care anymore you should just have to let them have rewards?
    If people know they can't be kicked they will abuse it to benefit them selves
    Patchie93 said:

Stingerbk said:

So if someone decides the last war of the season to not place defense or decides they don't care anymore you should just have to let them have rewards?
    No one will literally play decently all season and on the last war decide not to place, Aite I contribute, spend glory, do my job and on the last war of the season I intentionally don't place, how does that sound to you???
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Survivor in MCoC? I like it...

*Player Name*... The tribe has spoken.

I think this isn't such a terrible idea
    Stingerbk said:

Patchie93 said:

Stingerbk said:

No one will literally play decently all season and on the last war decide not to place, Aite I contribute, spend glory, do my job and on the last war of the season I intentionally don't place, how does that sound to you???
    Sounds like basically the same as this guy played well all season and gave his best lets kick him after the last war?

But to my example say he got in a dispute with an officer or the leader and decided he was gonna look for a new alliance but f these guys why should I tie up my guys for 2 days when I could do my own questing and look for a new alliance
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    I have seen some that deserved to be kicked, they didn't deserve rewards. I have seen some completely throw the last few wars and not even try. Why would they deserve any rewards? I have seen people give up way to many deaths and miss placement phases. I know there are some that get kicked for no reason, that's why it's best to be in an alliance with people you like and trust. I have more fun playing down in war, I was in a plat 4 alliance I went to gold 1. Everything about the gold 1 alliance is better, I dislike like how cut throat upper tiers are.
  • Eljefe_757Eljefe_757 Posts: 21
    Patchie93 said:

If your a good member you dont need to worry about being kicked. I've been a leader/officer for almost as long as I've played this game (5ish years). I've never once screwed people out of rewards. Mind you I've only ever played at gold 1 level. If you play p1+ then your choosing to be in a highly competitive atmosphere which means if you don't cut it your gone.

As many officers/leaders here will agree you will not make 29 members suffer because of 1 member. So if your being kicked there is a reason.

I don't often participate in discussions... but I have to on this one..in a way I agree with you. If one is not holding up their weight.. slacking.. or not being a good alliance mate.. sure kick them. But that's not always the case. I'll give you an example..probably a year ago I joined an alliance. At the time they were gold 3. We worked our way up to gold 2 by the end of the season.. the next season we made it up to Platinum 4. The leader decided that he wanted to replace 3 or 4 of use with stronger players.so we got kicked. We helped get the alliance from gold 3 to Platinum 4..we deserved to at least finish out the season and reap the rewards.but it's all good. They fell back to gold 3 by the end of the season. Sooooooo.. yeah. Leaders and officers have reasons for kicking folks.. but not always good reasons. Sorry for ranting. Lol
    Made a mistake.. they fell back to gold 1... not gold 3.
    The problem being is every time we hear this kind of stuff we hear one side of the story....i didnt do anything wrong,got kicked for no reason, i did everything i should have done etc etc. If we had a post from the kicker not just the "kickee" im sure they would be convinced they were justified in thinking they should have kicked the person. Thats the way people are they always think from their point of view they are correct. Thats why i think in a group arena like this the decision should not just be left to one person.
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    You should always be able to kick. It's not like you're going to routinely kick people who are contributing to your wars that would make no sense.

The problem being is every time we hear this kind of stuff we hear one side of the story....i didnt do anything wrong,got kicked for no reason, i did everything i should have done etc etc. If we had a post from the kicker not just the "kickee" im sure they would be convinced they were justified in thinking they should have kicked the person. Thats the way people are they always think from their point of view they are correct. Thats why i think in a group arena like this the decision should not just be left to one person.

I 100% percent agree with this we just need both sides of the story. I made this discussion cause I seen this idea on another discussion and I wanted to get people's opinions.
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    Zakrw_317 said:

I 100% percent agree with this we just need both sides of the story. I made this discussion cause I seen this idea on another discussion and I wanted to get people's opinions.

Thing is I just find it hard to believe people would kick valuable contributing players. You can't do that and run your alliance successfully. If it's happening it's because if drama and its toxic to force someone to stay in a bad situation.

Zakrw_317 said:

Thing is I just find it hard to believe people would kick valuable contributing players. You can't do that and run your alliance successfully. If it's happening it's because if drama and its toxic to force someone to stay in a bad situation.

And if it was drama or anything related then don't come to the forums with it yfm. At that point you gotta figure something out right?
    Im sorry. But that's what this is for. To express your point of view.. otherwise making a thread like this is pointless. Once again, I'm sorry. Not my intent to be a smartbutt.

Im sorry. But that's what this is for. To express your point of view.. otherwise making a thread like this is pointless. Once again, I'm sorry. Not my intent to be a smartbutt.

Bro your fine I wanted to hear every bodies opinion on the matter.
    Zakrw_317 said:

Bro your fine I wanted to hear every bodies opinion on the matter.
    Cool.. well..my opinion is (and this has already been said by many others),.... from my experience leadership and other members know whos a slacker well before the rewards cutoff. Kick them before the cutoff. If not they are locked in OR if kicked, that get the rewards. Im cool with either one.