**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Just got him!! 🀩 and need help

Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Posts: 313 β˜…β˜…
Just pulled this boi Omega red and I have 5 star rank 4 namor.. Can I sell him and get all my resources back (I used generic AG and 65 sig stones on namor)? I rarely use him in the quest. Want to know about omega is he really worth????

Comments

• SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 β˜…β˜…
    Talk about a dilemma.
  • luanamenderluanamender Posts: 229 β˜…
    edited February 2020
    i don’t have namor so i can’t tell you which one is effectively better, but trust me, awakened omega red is worth all those resources. i’d sell namor and use those resources for omega.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yes, even though both are amazing, omega is far more potent than namor in utility. You should sell namor and rank up omega, he's a beast.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Unless you're running suicides imo omega not worth it.
  • LoctiteSuperGlueLoctiteSuperGlue Posts: 120 β˜…
    DL864 said:

Unless you're running suicides imo omega not worth it.

Omega benefits immensely from suicides, specially bleeding edge.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Having both as 5/65 max sig, they both have their uses for me and personally won't be selling Namor.

I tend to favor suicide masteries too which both excel with. Well, Namor less now with his regen being cut down.

I generally use Namor in AQ map 6 for a lot of the painful degen nodes and paths.
    I generally use Omega Red in AW on Path 2.

Both are stellar champs, and if I had to pick only 1 I would have a hard time with that decision. They both have *similar uses* but they both have their own niche where they excel.

Namor Pros:
    Damage reflect, damage mitigate - so if you have some passive debuff or unavoidable debuff, or the defender has some form of thorns-interaction, he throws that damage back at them mitigating 100% of the damage he would have taken. More damage = Faster fight = Less chances for a mistake.

Omega Pros:
    Poison immune. Mostly bleed immune. 1 point in coagulate will mitigate all bleed damage. No thorns damage on medium attacks, which means for the same matchups as namor would take longer since you are sticking to only mediums and heavies, unless running suicides and have sabertooth on your synergy roster to stack these spores quickly, then Omega probably would drop that same defender a little faster than Namor in most scenarios, in less hits too (meaning less power for the defender to activate their special attacks)

I could see the decision swayed either way. I guess ultimately it depends on what you need and the content you're focused on. Eventually you would likely stand to benefit from having both champs ranked and maxed.
  • SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 β˜…β˜…
    There's no such thing as a champion depending on suicides that heavily that's going to turn him into a garbage champion. Suicides are a nice to have on OR for sure, but you don't really need it.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Don't be deceived namor is still a god tier champ with insane damage and utility when duped.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    People will probably be pretty divided on this one. I like Namor quite a bit even after the changes but still might sell him. Looking at options if I do but not seeing another champ that does what he does as well as he does it. Lot's of people absolutely love OR but I'm not really one of them. He definitely has a lot in his toolkit but with the variety of champs out there he really doesn't seem to fill a need for me. Thorns I use Namor. Korg I use Havok. Lot's of these rank up decisions will be made with how the rest of your roster looks. Which one fills a niche or uses best for you. Hard to go wrong with either though especially if you enjoy both and can clear content with either. Good luck.
  • Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Posts: 313 β˜…β˜…

Having both as 5/65 max sig, they both have their uses for me and personally won't be selling Namor.

I tend to favor suicide masteries too which both excel with. Well, Namor less now with his regen being cut down.

I generally use Namor in AQ map 6 for a lot of the painful degen nodes and paths.

Both are stellar champs, and if I had to pick only 1 I would have a hard time with that decision. They both have *similar uses* but they both have their own niche where they excel.

Namor Pros:
    Damage reflect, damage mitigate - so if you have some passive debuff or unavoidable debuff, or the defender has some form of thorns-interaction, he throws that damage back at them mitigating 100% of the damage he would have taken. More damage = Faster fight = Less chances for a mistake.

Omega Pros:
    Poison immune. Mostly bleed immune. 1 point in coagulate will mitigate all bleed damage. No thorns damage on medium attacks, which means for the same matchups as namor would take longer since you are sticking to only mediums and heavies, unless running suicides and have sabertooth on your synergy roster to stack these spores quickly, then Omega probably would drop that same defender a little faster than Namor in most scenarios, in less hits too (meaning less power for the defender to activate their special attacks)

I could see the decision swayed either way. I guess ultimately it depends on what you need and the content you're focused on. Eventually you would likely stand to benefit from having both champs ranked and maxed.

Thanks man....that's helpful
  • Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Posts: 313 β˜…β˜…
    Thanks guys.......
  • Cx8Cx8 Posts: 77 β˜…
    edited February 2020
    it depends on how much you use him, because if you sell him you’re gonna get him back anyways in a couple weeks minus being awakened. omega does take some getting use to for his play style, took me a good few days, plus he can do what namor does for thorns without sending the damage back but namor isn’t full sig so all the damage isn’t going back. Omega is poison immune and if you have will power can heal off bleeds while doing insane damage
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,827 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Namor Pros:

Omega Pros:

Even with max coagulate, he can still take bleed damage if theres an enhanced bleed node
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited February 2020
    I suggest You Do it...
    Namor is still a Beast...just takes more time to Activate Imp. Rex.... But by the time, Opponent will die of Bleed....
    Omega is great when Awakened....You'll be benifitted with his Spores, Good Regen, Degen, and Deals immense Damage.
    The difference between them is:
    Namor is super useful in Long long Fights
    Omega Red helps end the fight real fast
  • ArondightArondight Posts: 125 β˜…
    I have a good bit of "beyond god tier" and duped high sig omega red with suicides mastery setup is phenomenal. I can solo bosses, recover health while questing, demolish AQ and AW enemies... anything you need OR can do it.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    No don't sell champs...