**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Petrify is not working at all

Petrify is not working at all

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you'll probably need to provide more information if you want any help on this.
  • BazahaildancnBazahaildancn Posts: 198
    Lol. OK. No matter how many petrify debuffs I have placed with caiw they still gain power. With she hulks petrify placed they still gain power. They gain the same amount of power stunned or not stunned.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Who are you fighting? What are the nodes?
    The love in air quest. Special 3 added and an attack boost.
    Also tried void. No change.
    Making vids. Will see on other quests and arena shortly
    It still affects the regen. So I think it may actually have something to do with power modifiers

It doesn't seem like opponents are getting an increase from power gains either. Good time for some act 6 stuff
  • Hey there, if you have video of this happening, we can pass that along to the rest of the team to take a look at. Also, would you be able to tell us who else you had on your team at the time and when the video was recorded?
    I recorded the vids today and the team was imiw rulk she hulk caiw and sunspot in a few vids and others were Dom rulk massy she hulk and void
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Is it not working against power gain effects like power flood and power gain buffs? The way this is reading suggests you think it should prevent any power from attacking or being attacked, which is not how petrify works unless you’re talking about the mastery.
    There were no power gain effects.

When I was fighting ms in the new event it looked like her 100% Power gain node wasn't adding any power. Not sure on that. Was more worried about the fight
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Petrify debuffs reduce the power gain from effects like power flood, spite, and buffs like power gain. It doesn’t modify the power gain from attacks. This is different from the mastery which reduces all power gain.
    I could have sworn that it worked on all power gain. Would like to hear from a moderator on that
    After looking at other vids you may be right coathanger. But that's some bull...if it dont act the same then don't call it the same.
    Wasted a an awakening gem. That's bullcrap
    I could have sworn that it worked on all power gain. Would like to hear from a moderator on that. No where does it state that it only affects added power due to a buff or that it is different than the other petrify. Is it to much to ask for two different effects to have two different names or at least a description that isn't vague.
    Thanks @CoatHang3r
    What a waste
    Still want to hear from a moderator bcuz in caiws ability page it gives no explanation at all about what petrify does. I assumed it did the same thing as what the petrify mastery does.
  • Wasted a an awakening gem. That's bullcrap

Definitely did not waste an Awakening Gem. Still GREAT Dup'd, even if not entirely what you thought one aspect of his Dup would be.

Armor Break, Remove a Debuff, etc.
    I had better choices. Figured petrify did the same thing across the board. I mean concussion does the same thing as pacify but has a completely different name. It's screwed up as all hell. When I hit someone they gain power. The end. The definition of pacify in the masteries is reduces the power gained thru hitting them or by getting hit for the duration of the stun. Which how they gonna hit you if they stunned. In the caiw abilities it gives no description or terms or limitation. Simply place a 25% petrify debuff on the opponent.

An in game list of debuffs and definitions of terms would fix a lot of this. Also an in game calculator for adding percentages.

But at least be clear about things. In the other Champs description it says reduces power gain rate by x%

Whith vtd when he gets a power gain buff the description says increases power gain rate by 50%.

That sounds to me that the rate at which you gain power is what power gain is called.
    So if petrify only affects the power gained thru abilities and buffs what does exhaustion do. It states it reduces power gain effects by 25%.

Why isn’t petrify explained in the same way
    This is wrong. Vtd's Powe gain buff increases his power gain rate by 50%. Exhaustion debuff reduces power gain effects by 25%. Petrify reduces POWER GAIN by x%
  • So if petrify only affects the power gained thru abilities and buffs what does exhaustion do. It states it reduces power gain effects by 25%.

Why isn’t petrify explained in the same way

Exhaustion works the same way as petrify... if im not mistaken
    Then why aren't they explained the same way? And why is the same terminology used for the power gain buff on vtd?
    How can one buff described as Add 50% Power gain rate actually give more power but then a debuff described as reduce the power gain rate by 125% not cause them to take less power and then right above that description a different debuff is described as power gain effects are reduced by 25% but they apparently do the same thing and then another debuff that has no description at all?
  • Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
    Watch more gameplay videos. A lotta stuff aren't written properly in this game (thanks Kabam), you need to find more information, maybe read stuff from other players before you actually decide to upgrade/use resources on someone
    Petrify is definitely working as intended and CAIW is still insanely good
    Petrify is not working as described. It's working as exhaustion.

Petrify says it reduces power gain rate. It should do that. Exhaustion says it reduces the effectiveness of power gain abilities.

With she hulk they are literally described above one another.

They say they do something different. They should.

Vtd gets a power rate buff that increases his power gain rate. He gets more power, so if you decrease the power gain rate he should get less.

Power lock stops all power.

Enervate stops all power from being struck.

Exhaustion reduces the effect of power gain abilities by a set amount.

The petrify mastery reduces the the amount of power gained from hitting or being hit. But only while stunned. How are you gonna get hit while they are stunned? It's because it's the definition of petrify. Whether its passive or active it's still the same.