**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Returning vet turned away by Diablo

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
So I kept in touch with a few peeps and heard through the grapevine that SHULK and SG were gonna be buffed soon (March for the live buff I’m assuming with the Feb beta).

I got excited and thought “it’s only been a month I can still scrape by lol only missed a little bit” and I casually charged through UC thinking it felt good to be back… AND THEN DIABLE!

Thing was fun to smack around (even though it took me a few instances of rereading he felt like a “fair korg”) but then I got to the Alchemist himself. Below is a letter the dev team that sums up why I am so disappointed.

Kabam, while I used to have a love/hate dynamic with MCoC it always felt good to beat around a tough boss after learning the system and matchup. Even making more “specific” counters borderline necessary for some new champions I’ve stood by and enjoyed it. However, the Diablo boss fight victory felt unearned. Yes I died… a few times. But if this was simply a case of Tryco, Emma or even Maestro back in the day I wouldn’t feel as hollow as I do now. To win those was to learn, adapte, improvise, and overcome the challenge, the mechanics and even my own instincts. But to defeat Diablo I feel unsatisfied. He was not hard just new. The more I slipped up he became easier not because I “got good” but because he got easier through repeated fights due to his carry-over mechanic. Even if I decide to give February a proper chance I doubt I’ll ever be able to spend due to what I took away from this fight.

I say this not in anger, nor in spite, but as a once addicted player saddened by the state of affairs. L

Comments

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Hes hard at first, there is a learning curve but once you figure out his unstoppable trigger he isn't too bad.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    I’m not saying he’s hard. I’m saying that even if he was, his whole “revive and he’s literally easier each time” schtick just irks me as lazy, uninspired, transparent, and overall defeating him with my 4th champ felt unearned
    welp if you hadn't taken a break you would've gotten this fun scribe out of the way with the previous eq's Darkhawk. To quote a famous NY cop, "Welcome to the party, pal."

Dude I took January off. I SLAUGHTERED darkhawk in December. Heck I was the one who noticed they added “slipping” to medusa’s heavy attack so she could no longer infinitely chain heavy attacks on robots like Darkhawk. Darkhawk you learned and it at least felt good to beat him
    One post complaining that content is getting too hard and another complaining it's getting too easy, both within minutes of each other.

Err no. I’m saying the REASON Diablo was easy is bs. With Diablo you could literally revive if you needed and so long as he drank a potion he’d be easier in the next try. It sent the wrong message about throwing money at content that’s supposed to be hard.

The other guy was complaining RNG in the game is worse than Vegas and that if you can’t spin new champs you just can’t okay the game (which I understand due to going from “yeah did you see that perfect in the zone take down with SL” to “lol I’m just gonna melt you with AA and Donino”)
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    So, with Aegon the feedback was that the learning curve went the wrong way: after each fight he got harder to fight against. And now it’s the completely other way around.......can’t wait to see what they’ll do with this feedback for the uc boss in march 🤞
    Starting to think carry over might have been a mistake @Epistriatus

it’s either a “multi-fight ramp up” the AI will almost never get unless it’s given the node for it which is almost unfair considering the power gap between player and content at end game content (Ægon) it is mostly a defensive thing like MODOK or You can go the exact opposite route with Diablo and basically send the message “if you can’t beat me, money will”
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Here is a tip...he run arounds in a purple outfit and wears some classy white shoes. I heard he is good against diablo
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    I literally took a 4 month break and returned into diablo as well. After i thought all hope was lost... all i did was simply r5 my 4* Void and just completely ruined Red Hulk and Diablo. Once you learn his mechanics and can go the distance with him, i found him very easy.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    A part of me is beginning to think that anyone who loves saying content is too easy and boring, loves hiding behind their ghosts and Dominos whose sp2 is literally the HP of a UC boss. The uncollected difficulty is not just for you lot. If you're looking for a challenge, then wait for act 6 and upcoming variant quests sheesh

Or maybe kabam creates OP champs and in an attempt to create difficult uc content that those champs can't melt, they start throwing in nodes of all sorts which causes other struggling champs to suffer more...?
    I mean why else would they throw in bleed immune node if not for archangel. Never seen a poison immune node in UC. And guess what there are a decent amount of champs that rely on bleed, and all of them become um meh I guess.

At least they're buffing spidergwen and she hulk both of whom I have as a 5* with SG duped *sigh can't wait for the day IP gets buffed or Daredevil Netflix both also duped

That said, Diablo is annoying,fine but once you understand the unstoppable mechanic, he causes less headache.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Lol this was the easiest boss in months. Even Seatin solo’d him with a 4* Sparky.

Uncollected is getting boring & the game in general is getting boring, because all these babies on the forums keep crying saying it’s too hard LMAO. I’d actually like a boss for once that actually sucks my units dry to beat it... but no. Never gonna happen, because of all these “Uncollected is too hard for my whittle Account” posts. Hopefully Act 6 changes that... & doesn’t care about the 12 year olds on the forums.

I really don't think they adjust the difficulty based on forum posts. It's always been up and down. This one happened to be easier. @Epsilon3 I didn't even know he got easier if you revived...didn't need any revives. I don't know that you can "take away" anything from one particular boss fight but it's all good.
  • Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    Yes I died... A few times but make it harder plz. lmao
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Starting to think carry over might have been a mistake @Epistriatus

it’s either a “multi-fight ramp up” the AI will almost never get unless it’s given the node for it which is almost unfair considering the power gap between player and content at end game content (Ægon) it is mostly a defensive thing like MODOK or You can go the exact opposite route with Diablo and basically send the message “if you can’t beat me, money will”

I just used the 1 shot method and beat him in 1 fight. Saved revives and money. Probably worked better than your "multi-shot" approach.
  • MaesterAegonMaesterAegon Posts: 63
    Who is Tryco?
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    What?
  • Who is Tryco?

How did you manage to bring back this necro from a year ago