**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

What do you think about the new head over heels node?

What do you guys think about this new node I know it is kinda broken right now but would love to hear everyone's opinion.

Comments

• Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 524 ★★★
    I don’t mind it. I had fun in the last Modok fight because he was on limber. Makes you fight to save a parry for the end.
  • I didn't mind it, interesting node for sure. Definitely a pain on defenders that are unblockable at a certain point
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    I had no issues
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    I liked it, was very fun and challenging during the MODOK fight, also the Claire Voyant fight with her unblockable finale node.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    It's a glorified lifecycle node. Didn't have any problems with the bosses, but had to learn to heavy dashing opponents due to BWCV. Good learning experience
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I’m having fun with it figuring out the best champs for it. Hard hitters, throwing on any debuffs. It’s a nice change
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    For the most part it was no big deal, just end the battle with a heavy attack. The only case where its super annoying is when combined with unblockable finale, that's where it becomes too powerful.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Not a big deal really, it’s basically watered down lifecycle
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Claire Voyant was annoying until I realized I had Wasp. MODOK was also slightly irritating due to limber. Otherwise, I just heavy spammed with Ghost
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    Not too bad except for BWCV and her Unblockable Finale. I had to use an event boost there. CG and Dom both typically handled it with easy.
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    Head over Heels is no big deal.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★

For the most part it was no big deal, just end the battle with a heavy attack. The only case where its super annoying is when combined with unblockable finale, that's where it becomes too powerful.

Not too powerful just lazy design by the game team. Lately they been over excessively using annoying nodes and pairing up with champs that dont work too well
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Cute little node which just got really annoying due to it being used way too much in this quest.
  • It is an interesting node, but while I understand the story driven rationale I found it went from interesting to annoying when everything had it. In terms of difficulty though I think it is a very good example of an intermediate difficulty node that synergizes with different champs and other nodes in ways that can vary difficulty substantially, which is the kind of thing you want in general in your bag of node tricks.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I actually liked it but it does seem extremely similar to lifecycle. Wouldnt mind this node in the next variant
  • I actually liked it but it does seem extremely similar to lifecycle. Wouldnt mind this node in the next variant

I think Heels is sufficiently different from Lifecycle to make it interesting. Lifecycle makes the target immune to damaging debuffs. That has some good and bad to it - for example it does make the fight slower to start, but then conversely you don't have the problem of DoT debuffs "triggering" a premature killing damage tick. Lifecycle also allows you to use special attacks to knock the defender down. But Heels does allow you to go "straight for the kill" by fighting normally and timing a heavy at the end. That's not easy with Lifecycle because of the scaling downtime: it is much easier to stack up knockdowns with Lifecycle so the cooldown at the end of the fight is much longer and the window of vulnerability is easier to hit.

I wonder what it would be like to fight a defender with both nodes.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    just blame deadpool if u dont like it
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    It went from...ah a cool new node to...man this again, really quickly.

There were 2 interesting fights with the node, BW CV and Modok. The rest imo felt like overkill.

Overall it fit well with the story but I just wasn't a fan. It just made the fights annoying and merely prolonged each fight's length artificially. As one-offs that's fine. For every fight it gets old.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Really only got annoying on champions like Hela and Punisher who get a Indestructible when defeated. They seem to regen from that
  • SarreySarrey Posts: 55
    its fun until I manage to defeat.
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    Something I thought about yesterday is you could probably exploit it on the first node of the quest to build a bigger combo meter on Aegon. Just keep letting it expire and build up as many hits as you want and then just tear through the quest like a monster truck.