**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

where is 5star Joe FIx?

Comments

• Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    Foxhero007 wrote: »
    if this thread is closed i will make another.

one in which I won't comment because I don't want these notifications anymore xD
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    To be honest, the OP is entitled to their feelings on Champs. It's entirely preference. Before someone makes the argument that he is no good, whether popular opinion or not, it's still opinion. The "Top Tier" is labeled so because many people prefer them. That's all relative to what they prefer to use them for. Some Champs are popularly used at the Top Tier. That's still preference. One could prefer Embiggen (Kamala), and that would be preference. If the OP likes Fixit, they have that right. There is such a strong feeling about who is "Top Tier" and who is "Garbage Tier" that we sometimes forget it's just about who we prefer to use. I won't get into who is good or not. Just wanted to remind people that we don't have to jump on someone for who they like.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    I wish we could trade champions, so I could trade my duped 4* Joe Fixit for OP's Archangel, Magik, Dr. Voodoo, or... or... any other champion, actually.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    if this thread is closed i will make another.

That's against terms of service I am sure
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Fixit is one of the most important villains in all of Marvel (CoC)! He should definitely show up everywhere, just like he does in every monthly quest and chapter of story mode. He's pivotal and vital and deserves all of our love!

I bet Fixit invented Taco Tuesday
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    #WeWant5starJosFixit
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Also your incompetence shined through a lot with how you talked about the best champs in the game, let me help you out as you clearly don't know what you are on about.

Star lord - when duped is the very best character for LoL, no arguments about it, best synergy teams are mutant crit team and the pure attack teams.
    Gwenpool - that bleed though, on top of the ability to pretty much power lock most of her opponents and the incredibly powerful armour break on her L3 which puts her damage up crazy high, also can stun occasionally.
    AA - it's not about just the poison, it's about how his bleed and poison combine together to make neurotoxin charges which do a huge amount of damage whilst heal blocking opponents and reducing ability accuracy, can also stun stun immunes.
    Magik - brutal on defence with limbo and MD, excellent on offence with the constant powerlock.
    Vision - excellent power control, heal block is a little bonus, also dual immunities.
    Hulk - crazy damage with the hulk smash fury buff
    Angela - another power house with a lot of damage and the ability to heal from suicide masteries.
    Nightcrawler - just an evade happy A** but can also deal some good damage and is capable of evading collector special attacks making him a very viable option there.

Now please, give me a situation in which your precious joe fixit is able to do anything better than any of those.
    Because he can't out damage SL, nothing can in a long fight.
    GP will put more, stronger bleeds on opponent than fixit ever could, plus her L3 doesn't lose all usefulness against bleed immune.
    AA neurotoxin puts all DoT effects to shame so no chance there.
    He can't power control so can't beat magik or vision that way.
    He also can't out damage Angela if somebody 'knows how to use her', same for hulk though he's far simpler to use.
    And he can't evade as well or deal as much damage as NC, and when I say evade as well I mean he can't be used to manually evade collector specials.
  • SharkJawsSharkJaws Posts: 78
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    Most people would agree that Joe Fixit is a bad champ...

naa. hes not. hes cool.. just a lot of us is choosy
    #WeWant5starJosFixit #JosFixitforPresident #6starJoeFixit
    #BewareThe5starFixit
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    #BewareThe5starFixit

#TooBadHeIsYourTopChampCauseHeIsGarbage
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    Also your incompetence shined through a lot with how you talked about the best champs in the game, let me help you out as you clearly don't know what you are on about.

Star lord - when duped is the very best character for LoL, no arguments about it, best synergy teams are mutant crit team and the pure attack teams.
    Gwenpool - that bleed though, on top of the ability to pretty much power lock most of her opponents and the incredibly powerful armour break on her L3 which puts her damage up crazy high, also can stun occasionally.
    AA - it's not about just the poison, it's about how his bleed and poison combine together to make neurotoxin charges which do a huge amount of damage whilst heal blocking opponents and reducing ability accuracy, can also stun stun immunes.
    Magik - brutal on defence with limbo and MD, excellent on offence with the constant powerlock.
    Vision - excellent power control, heal block is a little bonus, also dual immunities.
    Hulk - crazy damage with the hulk smash fury buff
    Angela - another power house with a lot of damage and the ability to heal from suicide masteries.
    Nightcrawler - just an evade happy A** but can also deal some good damage and is capable of evading collector special attacks making him a very viable option there.

Now please, give me a situation in which your precious joe fixit is able to do anything better than any of those.
    Because he can't out damage SL, nothing can in a long fight.
    GP will put more, stronger bleeds on opponent than fixit ever could, plus her L3 doesn't lose all usefulness against bleed immune.
    AA neurotoxin puts all DoT effects to shame so no chance there.
    He can't power control so can't beat magik or vision that way.
    He also can't out damage Angela if somebody 'knows how to use her', same for hulk though he's far simpler to use.
    And he can't evade as well or deal as much damage as NC, and when I say evade as well I mean he can't be used to manually evade collector specials.

Don't forget hulk chain stun
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    Fives wrote: »
    (Heads up, this is long. WAY longer than I anticipated. Don't read this if you don't have a couple minutes to spend. Or if you already know why Joe Fixit sucks.)

How about you show me any scenario where any one of those supposedly good champions do a better job at ANYTHING than a starlord or a gwenpool or an archangel or a magik or a vision or a hulk or an angela or a nightcrawler? Can Kamala Khan, a hero made up entirely of fury buffs, out damage anybody? No, she's got some of the worst damage output in the game, even awakened. She DOES trigger mystic dispersion a lot, which is a good thing... for your opponent.

Karnak is actually good at taking on spidermen and those with evasion, although he doesn't have much use other than that. I've never heard of anybody particularly disliking him, so I don't know why he's on your list. Personally I think he should have some sort of crit damage rating that scales sort of like his crit chance, but he really can take a backseat to the plethora of other characters that need buffs, imho.

And Joe Fixit... Geez, dude.
    Let's start with his bleeds. His special one does decent bleed damage, assuming the enemy isn't bleed immune, and assuming it inflicts lots of stacks. It's a bit of a gamble, which fits the character, but even when you do get lots of bleed, it never really feels like it does enough damage. Not enough payoff if you ask me.
    His special three does terrible damage, made up for by the massive bleed damage. Again, this is useless against bleed immune champions, but it is a nice bleed for those who can be bled. Not much I can complain about there.

Then there's his special two, which doesn't do a crazy amount of damage, but it does stun for a couple seconds, so I guess there's that. Not too much going on there, I think that part of his kit is fine.

Then you get to his passive. First off, you have to use a heavy to switch decks, which against harder AI means you need to parry or stun them with your special two. This means he can't effectively switch decks against mordo, black panther, rogue, groot, anyone stun immune, and especially in the labyrinth where they have limber. Now let's get into his different hands
    . First is dirty fighting, easily the worst. It feeds willpower, causing two debuffs, and if you regularly parry that's more like three. That's a ton of damage lost off of regen. Neither of the debuffs (fatigue and weakness) are useful, as most skilled players (which you clearly are, if you know how to use Fixit well) just don't get hit. (Side note, fatigue is the most useless ability in the game. Think about it, any hit you take is usually either blocked, which can't crit, or a special three, which can't crit. It almost never has any effect on the fight! It's such a stupid ability!) anyway, that's dirty fighting, which you'll usually want to switch off of whenever you roll it.

Then there's regen, which is just... bad. Next to no regen, although I think it's a little higher after 12.0. Either way, it's not really enough to make any effect on a fight, but maybe on a five star it's a little better.
    On to rage, the second least useless buff, not that that's saying much. The attack buff you get from rage is little higher than most character's self activated furies, and comes at the cost of risking your life for it. Sure, it boosts your damage a little bit, but it's really not worth risking dying for.

Last but certainly not least, cunning. Joe's best hand in my opinion. Boosts crit rate based on combo, (which rocket already does way better, but hey) which is easy to raise with his special one that has a lot of hits. Problem is, even once you've gotten to 100% crit rate, his base damage is so low that he's really only critting as hard as any good character does on regular hits. Sure, you can double down, get rage and cunning, and increase your damage to admittedly good numbers, but that's taking a big risk, requires a lot of setup, and only lasts as long as double down does. So his passive is practically useless, and as I just iterated, so is his signature, which is basically a breif extension of his passive.

Last of all, his utility in general is just garbage. He's got no power control, his raw damage is laughable, he's got no ability accuracy manipulation, there are far better bleeders, he's **** on defense, as even on unblockable special nodes, you can block the second part of his special one.

Worst of all, his main claim to fame is that he's a luck of the draw character, right? He a gambler, that's his thing. But even when you DO get lucky with Leeds and with rolling suits he's still subpar at best. He's just got no place in the game except farming arena points. Same with all the other characters you mentioned. Kamala Khan, for example. She's SUPPOSED to be a damage dealer, but she does a horrible job of that compared to a hulk or angela or dozens of other characters.

TLDR; Joe Fixit is **** and I just poured my soul into explaining why and you're not even bothering to read it? For shame.

Holy **** that was long. I'm sorry. Anyways, if you can't already tell I'm 100% on board with Joe Fixit being in 5* crystals.

Just please God buff the hell out of him first.

I agree on some of this, but I think JF is still decent and situationally really good. He definitely requires an unconventional mastery setup to work properly.

Still want 5* JF
  • SuskanutSuskanut Posts: 113
    Well we already have 5 star Spider Gwen and Luke Cage so why not???
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    Luke Cage has no value whatsoever so I guess I see your point lol
    no 5star Joe Fixit this month oh well there's next month.
  • KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    Die
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    You know there's a list out of all the 5* getting added, right? Joe isn't on it at all. It was funny at first, now it's a little sad.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    You know there's a list out of all the 5* getting added, right? Joe isn't on it at all. It was funny at first, now it's a little sad.
    I think he just likes bumping his thread

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Fixit was beyond horrible before the willpower nerf, unless you were fighting him lol. Then it was instant full health. Hated him so much back then. Finally sold him to fill out my 1st 5* crystal and pulled SL. He's not nearly as bad as he was then but I swore I'd sell him every time I pulled him after that and I always have. If they make him a 5* I don't know what I would do if I got him and couldn't sell lol.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Hey @Fives we hear your pain. And I read the whole post.

Your biggest beef with JF is that he needs to land a heavy to change suit, which is fair enough. Having a dash-back/hold mechanism would be safer; and up his use.

Also, yes - his Special 3 is very weak, especially if your opponent is bleed immune. I do think the base damage should be higher, as it seems less than you can get from a single heavy attack. On the other hand, lots of champs rely on bleed for damage.

Joe's regeneration is also staggeringly low, and really needs a boost - is even weaker than OML's! His other abilities are actually not bad. For starters, high health, poison immunity, and an impressive range of synergies (try him out with Kingpin).

Joe inflicts a lot of debuffs; which you are unhappy about. On the other hand, you can make these work well for you with Despair and Inequity Masteries (and Kingpin synergy).

His SP1 has potentially six stacks of bleed; which you can seriously beef up with Deep wounds. If you have that maxed out and Joe's high health is high enough, a single SP1 can instantly remove 6% of the opponents health, then inflict 50% more damage from increased duration; whilst potentially reducing Healing by 90% with maxed out Despair, and/or reducing their attack by 36% with Inequity. From a special one!

Clubs can do much the same with Despair and Inequity, as it's easy to get 5-6 stacks, so bye-bye regeneration for your opponent, even if they're bleed immune.

Joe depends on your Mastery set-up quite a bit; and whilst I doubt I'll convince you, he can have some uses. I don't really understand why he's not available as a 5-star, when beasts like Hyperion and Blade are; since Blade's SP2 also inflicts up to six stacks of bleed, and gains even more overall from Deep Wounds; but maybe someone else can explain that.
    edited January 2018
    everyone on this game has a favorite champion and my mine happens to be Joe Fixit and I use him a lot to. so Kabam PLEASE add Joe Fixit to the 5star's.
  • AryanNoobAryanNoob Posts: 51
    Why? We dont want another trash champion. Send an picture when you have IP KK SG WM JF all duped lvl 200!
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Just no. While he's not the worst champ, he certainly is in the lower tier of champs. There's enough garbage in there that we don't need another champ diluting the pool.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    another problem to worrying about in the crystals.......