**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Venom rank up?

AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
I’ve had 5* venom for a while, and have been debating whether to take him up or not. I’ve already done variant 2 100%, so how useful is he outside of that content? Should I take him to r4? Explanation would be appreciated.

Venom rank up? 57 votes

Yes
96%
DNA3000MegaSkater67Disbanded_pensRaganatorDrake2078TerraAlex13369GrueneMicDamien3638Jim0172Kamikaze_TurtleDOKTOROKTOPUSLightvayneSlashingSunsetOsfan8MrTicTac19992008Hammerbro_64Duke_SilverCaramesReference 55 votes
No
3%
Papicante1Aomine_Daiki10 2 votes

Comments

• HobospyHobospy Posts: 89
    Yes
    I've R5 mine unawakened and really like him, obviously not the best cosmic but he hits hard, strips buffs what's not to like?
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    I only have him as maxed out 4*, wish I had him as a 5*
    One of his greatest assets is that he is immune to "Spider Verse Hero's" passive evades.
    Also when the opponent is at 18% health or below he gains a true strike buff, and his special moves are unlockable.
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Yeah he is quite versatile. So he doesn’t need his awakened ability either?
  • Yes

Yeah he is quite versatile. So he doesn’t need his awakened ability either?

Not really.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    What champions did you bring to Variant 2?
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    Yes
    All the awakened ability does is give you a chance to proc another buff at the start of the fight. Not needed.

I have mine R4 and would love to R5 him sometime...
  • Yes
    Drake2078 said:

One of his greatest assets is that he is immune to "Spider Verse Hero's" passive evades.
    Also when the opponent is at 18% health or below he gains a true strike buff, and his special moves are unlockable.

Venom seems to be really good against many particularly annoying defenders. Besides turning off Spiderverse passive evades, the true strike you mention is especially good as an IMIW counter (since by the time he gets to his low health autoblock phase Venom is in true strike mode). And then one of his buffs is an armor up buff which makes him immune to Havok's detonations if you proc it or heavy spam reset into it. His SP1 nullifies buffs which makes him useful against defenders like The Champion, Medusa, and Hyperion. I also like using him against BPCW. And he heals when he nullifies a buff. So finding yourself on a path with Aegon or anything else that keeps triggering a lot of buffs is like Christmas.
    DNA3000 said:

Drake2078 said:

Venom seems to be really good against many particularly annoying defenders. Besides turning off Spiderverse passive evades, the true strike you mention is especially good as an IMIW counter (since by the time he gets to his low health autoblock phase Venom is in true strike mode). And then one of his buffs is an armor up buff which makes him immune to Havok's detonations if you proc it or heavy spam reset into it. His SP1 nullifies buffs which makes him useful against defenders like The Champion, Medusa, and Hyperion. I also like using him against BPCW. And he heals when he nullifies a buff. So finding yourself on a path with Aegon or anything else that keeps triggering a lot of buffs is like Christmas.
    I’ve also noticed his armour break to be very useful against Emma and killmonger aswell. I’ve also got a r4 2015 cosmic, and his utility mixed with damage is tempting me.
  • Goldcup7Goldcup7 Posts: 41
    Yes
    No regrets taking my 5 star Venom to rank 5. He's very useful, has interesting abilities and can do some nice damage. I use him for questing and in AW attack to deal with any annoying spiders, Havok (hoping you get lucky with armour up), Thing (works well due to bleeds), Hyperion, Medusa (makes stealing her buffs a fun time), and anyone else who gets buffs that you can turn into your own regen. I also use him to farm potions in RTTL - team him up with a 5* and 4* Miles Morales (+18% attack), an Electro (for crits), and AA for some quick fights.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Yes
    Venom was my latest 5* r5...one of my favorite champs to play.
    Goldcup7 said:

No regrets taking my 5 star Venom to rank 5. He's very useful, has interesting abilities and can do some nice damage. I use him for questing and in AW attack to deal with any annoying spiders, Havok (hoping you get lucky with armour up), Thing (works well due to bleeds), Hyperion, Medusa (makes stealing her buffs a fun time), and anyone else who gets buffs that you can turn into your own regen. I also use him to farm potions in RTTL - team him up with a 5* and 4* Miles Morales (+18% attack), an Electro (for crits), and AA for some quick fights.

Is he still this helpful in questing? That’s more my focus.

• CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    Yes
    He's great. I have a tough time finding reasons to not bring him along when questing. The only downside he really has is against anything that punishes you for having a lot of buffs (ie. Spite).

Fun to use with smooth moveset, great bleed, can regen, kills spiders easily, and the true strike near the end of fights.