**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Lose Yourself to the Abyss!

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

After doing my completion run of Abyss it’s pretty frustrating the way they set this up. Currently it’s really just a unit grab unless you use Stealthy for each fight which he literally impossible since there are mutants on most paths as far as I know. Most of the fights with the exception of CMM, IMIW, and IW weren’t even very hard, they just required revive completion is less about skill and more about having to throw revives at it currently until more high ranked 6* become common.

That being said I’m glad I was able to get through it in 4K units which seems to be the average from what I’ve been hearing. I got 6* CMM for the first time and a skill T5 which I was praying for. Can’t believe RNG actually worked out for me. R3 Ronin incoming soon.

For any that are interested I finally got the resources I needed.

Let's see some gameplay footage.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    edited February 2020

RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

After doing my completion run of Abyss it’s pretty frustrating the way they set this up. Currently it’s really just a unit grab unless you use Stealthy for each fight which he literally impossible since there are mutants on most paths as far as I know. Most of the fights with the exception of CMM, IMIW, and IW weren’t even very hard, they just required revive completion is less about skill and more about having to throw revives at it currently until more high ranked 6* become common.

That being said I’m glad I was able to get through it in 4K units which seems to be the average from what I’ve been hearing. I got 6* CMM for the first time and a skill T5 which I was praying for. Can’t believe RNG actually worked out for me. R3 Ronin incoming soon.

Let's see some gameplay footage.
    https://youtu.be/h2vHqxEjZF4

Here is a short clip of Ronin against ROL CM. The basic attack damage is pretty good but my god the bleed damage is absolutely pathetic. A 4* R3 Venom does more bleed damage than a 6* R3 Ronin. Don’t believe me? Here’s a screenshot.

It is really frustrating that Kabam doesn’t see this as an issue. Champs like Claire and Sunspot don’t have high damage DoT effects because they lend to other abilities, but Ronin doesn’t have anything like that. 84 bleed damage is pathetic and I beg of you guys to PLEASE revisit his bleed damage.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

Edit: sorry I probably shouldn’t have posted it here. This is off topic.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

That was very underwhelming actually but I do enjoy his animation and smooth gameplay.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

That was very underwhelming actually but I do enjoy his animation and smooth gameplay.
    Yeah I know most people don’t like him but it’s his animations and play style that I find very enjoyable. He’s a load of fun to play and he makes intercepting actually very easy. Stun immune champs and limber aren’t a problem once you learn his rhythm. He basically intercepts all day long (except for baiting specials obviously). In that regard I find him to be a very good champ.
  • RoninMan said:

Here is a short clip of Ronin against ROL CM. The basic attack damage is pretty good but my god the bleed damage is absolutely pathetic. A 4* R3 Venom does more bleed damage than a 6* R3 Ronin.

You're looking at the floating numbers. But Ronin triggers bleeds way more often. Looking at the Auntm.ai numbers comparing 6*r2s, Venom's (CR120 adjusted) crit rate is 14% while Ronin's is 26%. Venom triggers bleed 80% of the time on crits, or 14% * 0.80 = 0.112 = 11.2% of the time. Ronin bleeds 100% of the time on crits, or 15% of the rest of the time, or 26% + 74% * 0.15 = 37.1%. Venom's bleed is 1985 over 4.5 seconds, Ronin's is 900 over 7 seconds. Venom's bleed deals twice as much damage but Ronin's bleed triggers three times as often, and since Ronin's bleed lasts longer its individual ticks generate smaller floating numbers per tick. Venom's tick numbers are going to be over three times larger comparing champs of equal rank, but Ronin should be dealing significantly more actual bleed damage over time by triggering more bleeds and having those bleeds last longer.

I would rather not count individual bleed ticks in screenvids, so I'm going by calculation. I'm assuming the champs work as documented and the bleeds aren't bugged or working differently.

A thought on the CMM fight.. would you be able to use Corvus, survive on his awakened ability, and just throw endless sp2s and 3s from the power gain?

I think the struggle you'll find is that the abyss charges will start to fall off while you're waiting for the power bar to fill. She'll ultimately get Unblockable/Unstoppable much faster than normal using this method.

I could be wrong.. wouldn't know without trying or seeing it done. But power gain seems pretty rapid, and you can always weave in a single hit from time to time. Even if she's unstoppable you can parry and do 1 or 2 hits.

edit: I guess parry may kill you/ take away charges if you're at 1 HP though

Every 15 seconds, you gain 1.5 bars of power over 10 seconds. That means if you started from 0 power, it would take a little over 18 seconds to get 2 bars of power. All the while, you'd have to evade her attacks or hit into her block...and we all know how hitting into a block is working these days. You can't land a hit or take a block because once Glaive Charges are expired, you'd die quickly to the energy damage you receive when over 1.5 bars of power.

Even if you could do this perfectly, you'll be losing a lot of abyss charges while dancing around. I applaud the creativity, but I don't think it's a practical strategy.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I used Void against CMM and it worked extremely well. He’d reverse her power gain so I never had to worry about her throwing specials. Just need to be careful about when she purifies debuffs. Try to have her purify them after FoTV activates.
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 183 ★★
    Werewrym said:

I used Void against CMM and it worked extremely well. He’d reverse her power gain so I never had to worry about her throwing specials. Just need to be careful about when she purifies debuffs. Try to have her purify them after FoTV activates.

I used him some also and worked decently. Aegon, Sym, Void, NF and OGCM. Few team revives and few singles for aegon and got it down. Went better than I expected. Each did their part.
  • FalongFalong Posts: 125
    are 300 legends are already done? lol
  • DataCoolDataCool Posts: 17
    for sure top300 abyss are done! but nobody from Kabam will confirm that, so people still keep trying ...
  • Wayde0wilsonWayde0wilson Posts: 53
    I have 700 units, at how much units should I go for, I am free to play player, I do have max 5* aegon (not any of the other horseman)
  • DataCool said:

for sure top300 abyss are done! but nobody from Kabam will confirm that, so people still keep trying ...

Well, since they have to investigate all the potential finishers for irregularities that would suggest cheating, it would be a while before they could confirm all 300 spots were earned even if 300 players had completed it already.
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 731 ★★★

I have 700 units, at how much units should I go for, I am free to play player, I do have max 5* aegon (not any of the other horseman)

Probably aim for 3000-5000 units depending on your skill. You will struggle against cosmic if you dont have Doom or Syb Supreme. Check youtube for guides and walkthroughs.
  • DataCoolDataCool Posts: 17
    DNA3000 said:

DataCool said:

Well, since they have to investigate all the potential finishers for irregularities that would suggest cheating, it would be a while before they could confirm all 300 spots were earned even if 300 players had completed it already.
    For sure, there's is a lot to check and proof. But that's not the point!
    The point is at the moment nobody knows when kabobs check will be.
    Could be 1 week, 1 month or 1 year .....

Why not a weekly or all 2 weeks check, who finished ... was it legit or not ...
    publish and reward all successful finishers.
    This way would be much more fair to everyone!

AND: It's NOT MORE WORK for Kabam

edited February 2020
    DataCool said:

DNA3000 said:

DataCool said:

For sure, there's is a lot to check and proof. But that's not the point!
    The point is at the moment nobody knows when kabobs check will be.
    Could be 1 week, 1 month or 1 year .....

Why not a weekly or all 2 weeks check, who finished ... was it legit or not ...
    publish and reward all successful finishers.
    This way would be much more fair to everyone!

AND: It's NOT MORE WORK for Kabam

They literally put it in their post.

We will be periodically (after the first few weeks, about once a month) checking to see who completed Abyss, review their play, and award Legends.

So a month after release and every month after. Really not that hard to read. We aren't even a month in yet. February 22nd will be 1 month.
  • VaniVani Posts: 1
    Finished already 300 people the abyss? When a list will be announced?
  • OMGJimboOMGJimbo Posts: 40
    Trying to see if there were anyone out there who used 5* AA to beat Deadpool in AOL. Seatin posted a video from a guy who used a 4* Torch to do it. I only have a 4* and am hesitant to go in blind like my first try on Path 2. That was ugly...
    Vani said:

Finished already 300 people the abyss? When a list will be announced?

periodically (after the first few weeks, about once a month) checking to see who completed Abyss, review their play, and award Legends.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    5 weeks tomorrow since the release. They have to send out the first batch of Legends rewards.
  • any update for legends list? even top 20?
  • WongoWongo Posts: 24
    Can we get an update on this @Kabam Miike and any possibility to change the kang 5* to a thanos 5*? :(
    Surely there must be some update. @Kabam Miike
  • Tjk602Tjk602 Posts: 85
    edited March 2020
    He will just close the thread. Everyone just use your generics. I’m done waiting for top 300. This isn’t even one of their priorities.
    Tjk602 said:

He will just close the thread. Everyone just use your generics. I’m done waiting for top 300. This isn’t even one of their priorities.

Pretty ridiculous given how a generic is supposed to be the rarest resource especially a 6*... I want to make wise rank up decisions here and try to save the generic for the class i dont get..

At this point my guess is they know who cheated and probably waiting for them to spend money on completing Act 6.4 legend attempt for that final milking before banning them.
    Wongo said:

Tjk602 said:

Pretty ridiculous given how a generic is supposed to be the rarest resource especially a 6*... I want to make wise rank up decisions here and try to save the generic for the class i dont get..

At this point my guess is they know who cheated and probably waiting for them to spend money on completing Act 6.4 legend attempt for that final milking before banning them.
    Actually that would be pretty smart. I hope that is their plan.