**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who to R5 Hyperion, VTD, Or Venom. Variant 2 focus

PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
Trying to decide who to R5 that will help me out in Variant 2 the most. I already completed it but need to do 100% now. Who would be most helpful in completing this.

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Duped?
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Variant 2 is the size one, right? I'd personally go Venom. I love my VtD (he's R4), but he's an absolute b**** to ramp up sometimes. You can just jump into the fight with Venom and deal ridiculous damage. Hyperion is only large, so you won't be able to play him 100% freely (that said, he will still put in serious work with heavies and specials). I just think you might feel less pressure during the fights with Venom.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★

Duped?

Yeah all Duped
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Hyperion.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Hype
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Hyperion, used him a ton for V2
    Lvernon15 said:

Hype

Madcat said:

Hyperion.

So you guys used Hype alot for this and it worked out better? MY first one I mainly used VTD and Venom, mainly VTD. I didnt really bring hype since he was large.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    edited February 2020

Lvernon15 said:

Hype

Madcat said:

Hyperion.

So you guys used Hype alot for this and it worked out better? MY first one I mainly used VTD and Venom, mainly VTD. I didnt really bring hype since he was large.
    Venom would be a bit easier to use in v2 but hype is an absolute monster for much other content
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    I'd suggest Venom, but I haven't completed V2 yet
    Also could rank 5 Warlock but his damage isnt that great. But I could use him in V3 also.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Hype is insanely useful all over the game. Venom is also very good but nowhere near Hype imo. VtD is awful

Hype is insanely useful all over the game. Venom is also very good but nowhere near Hype imo. VtD is awful

Do you have VTD?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Hyperion does 90% of his stuff with heavies and L2s, neither of which glance, so he is practically as good as the venoms in V2, but in general he is better than them in other places (including V4 if you haven’t done 1.1-1.2)

Do you have VTD?
    Have a sig 60 6* and a max sig R3 5* so yeah
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    There are some fights where trying to utilize heavies only will be difficult (limber nodes) in that case venom or vtd would probably be more useful. I used venom for my completion and 100% and sprinkled in other good champs to get the other hard fights done.venom Sentinel red hulk cap iw and domino was my main team for v2
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    VTd kills in variant 2.
    Kalantak said:

VTd kills in variant 2.

And is an annoying to ramp up garbage champ everywhere else. Fully ramped and set up correctly, sure he's great at times but the juice isnt worth the squeeze especially when compared to someone like Hype so is still one of the best champs in game

Do you have VTD?
    Have a sig 60 6* and a max sig R3 5* so yeah
    Right on. He did most of the work my first run and he was a beast for me. But I was thinking of using more hype for 100% so maybe Hype because I know overall hes a better champs but I just could image the damage an R5 VTD could do ramped properly.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    If they are all already R4, that's more than good enough to explore V2. Personally, I would explore V2, see what r5 gem you get, then make a decision.

But if you absolutely must r5 one of them go with Hyperion. Granted you're sticking to heavies and specials, he is also poison immune (if memory serves there is a couple paths with poison on it)

I fully explored V2 primarily using venom, VTD, and the domino trinity. Seldomly did I vary from that lineup. And they were all R4 (except venom was R3). Fast forward a few months, I had since pulled hyperion as a 5*, and he is sitting pretty at 5/65, whereas venom and vtd are still R4.

I do have a cosmic R5 gem leftover, and have often kicked around either my R4 medusa, vtd, or venom to R5 but have been holding it for maybe silver surfer. Might change my mind later but right now maximizing prestige is pretty important for me.