**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Power of Love boost potentially broken with Corvus Glave

WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
edited February 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
I ran into this problem while fighting the War Machine in 2.2 of Love is a battlerealm etc. I had the Power of Love boost on and was fighting with Corvus. I dropped WM to 8% health, the stun kicked in correctly, and when I landed a heavy attack, WM instantly regenerated to 20% health. This happened multiple times until WM finally knocked me out with a Sp3. I checked CG’s abilities, just to be sure, but there’s nothing in them that says he can nullify buffs with his heavy. Am I just missing something, or has anyone else had this problem? (I ended up finishing the fight with Luke Cage, and it worked just fine, no glitch.) If anyone could shine some light on this is would be much appreciated, as CG is one of my best champs and I really need him for this quest.

~ Warden out

Comments

• bnos865bnos865 Posts: 1
    Same thing was happening with nick fury. Screwed me up multiple times
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I had this happen with Nick Fury as well, but not consistently
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 300 ★★
    Wasn’t that Bad didn’t use any boost
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    I wished I used the boost, the quest was too easy that I forgot about them
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    edited February 2020
    I've had this happen multiple times . doesn't seem champion dependant:

I was using 5* r2 X23 ... In the 4th chapter (Sentinel boss),
    Took left path:
    Venom the Duck (happened 5 times)
    Shehulk (happened 4 times)
    Black Widow (happened 0 times - I got lucky?)
    Archangel (happened 2 times)
    Iceman (happened once)

Same thing as OP described:
    normal 5 hit combo to 0 hp, triggering indestructible .. stun triggers, immediately start a heavy attack, opponent immediately gains 20% health. O.o

Definitely looks like a bug .
  • Hey there, do you happen to have any video of what you're seeing? I've tried replicating this but haven't seen anything similar.
    Finally captured video of it ... took a while .. every time I tried to record, it worked fine . and wouldn't act up LOL
    #conspiracy_confirmed

https://youtu.be/KIHlt6MdtOE

Ignore my bad gameplay, watch time 28s - 32s ..
    he gains health prior to invulnerability debuff expiring ..
    still stunned as well .. *shrug*
    having had a chance to look over it closely frame by frame ..

my guess us the first hit of heavy is actually nullifying the indestructible. and hence triggering the healing.

I'm really hoping this is uintended .. as the wording of the buff clearly uses the word remove.. not nullify ...

as it stands .. functionally .. you need to deal killing blow with heavy BEFORE the indestructible buff is added. again . this is NOT what's implied in the node description.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    dot_ditto said:

Finally captured video of it ... took a while .. every time I tried to record, it worked fine . and wouldn't act up LOL
    #conspiracy_confirmed

Thanks for getting a video! I couldn’t get one and I didn’t know if anyone else would.

~ Warden out
    Wondering if anyone else had any luck capturing any video of this?
    Would be good if we could get videos from separate sources on the issue ;)
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

#conspiracy_confirmed

that's because the first hit of your heavy does 572 damage, less than 2% of Modok's health, so the buff is removed without killing the opponent and he can regen. basically, removing the buff with a heavy is considered the same as nullifying it, so you have to kill the opponent with one hit, or with a multi-hit that does big damage on the last hit. Still not sure if it is intended or not, but at least there's a reason behind this weird behavior ^_^
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    It’s all about timing. I did 100% normal- epic. If you slow into the heavy they regen. Don’t use specials to knock em to the end. Use light hit. Soon as stun. Heavy for knock out.
    I thought the same at first. Tested a dozen times. It’s just timing.
    Was just watching other youtubers showing how to take down various bosses in this Love is a Battlerealm .. and noticed this ..
    around time index 7:00 ... he was using Stark Spidey vs Sentinel.
    and it appears he triggered the bug .. with a single hit champ even .. O.o

https://youtu.be/ywSmIIRB85k?t=416

I slowed it down, and you can clearly see him hitting with heavy @about 7:00 with indestructible buff still up with lots of time ... the hit seems to trigger the heal .. very odd.
    dot_ditto said:

Was just watching other youtubers showing how to take down various bosses in this Love is a Battlerealm .. and noticed this ..

I slowed it down, and you can clearly see him hitting with heavy @about 7:00 with indestructible buff still up with lots of time ... the hit seems to trigger the heal .. very odd.

the heavy does 1.533 damage, sentinel has 8% health or (92.650/100*8)=7.412 hp roughly, the heavy doesn't kill the enemy but remove the buff, so sentinel can regen ^_^

dot_ditto said:

the heavy does 1.533 damage, sentinel has 8% health or (92.650/100*8)=7.412 hp roughly, the heavy doesn't kill the enemy but remove the buff, so sentinel can regen ^_^
    Is that intended though? The way I've read (and re-read) the node, it doesn't seem like a heavy should heal it ... *shrug*

I would expect the heavy to remove the indestructible .. no heal .. but if heavy isn't enough to kill .. that's fine ..

hit him again, and he'll drop to 0 .. so he'll immediately gain another indestructible buff .. lather/rinse/repeat .. until:

1) you kill him with a heavy.
    2) the buff times out, and he heals.

• kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    The Power of Love (boost) is a curious thing
  • Hey there everyone, we pushed out a fix earlier today that should resolve this issue.
    dot_ditto said:

dot_ditto said:

Is that intended though? The way I've read (and re-read) the node, it doesn't seem like a heavy should heal it ... *shrug*

I would expect the heavy to remove the indestructible .. no heal .. but if heavy isn't enough to kill .. that's fine ..

hit him again, and he'll drop to 0 .. so he'll immediately gain another indestructible buff .. lather/rinse/repeat .. until:

1) you kill him with a heavy.
    2) the buff times out, and he heals.

thankfully no, it wasn't intended ^_^

Hey there everyone, we pushed out a fix earlier today that should resolve this issue.

Serves me right for not subscribing to the threads .. LOL

Thank you!
    I'll check it out.