**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

the new black market

Comments

• -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Lowered the amount of a 5* shards I can trade plus an overpriced Legendary crystal. Why on earth would I trade 5k 4* shards for a 4* champ? I have never pulled a 5* from a Legendary crystal. After Doom leaves the feature I will be done with the Sigil.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 506 ★★★
    CJDorro12 said:

I’m sorry but how can you guys change the terms of the contract (change the store items) when so many people paid for the existing setup? I think you guys need to reimburse your customers and start over. That’s a bunch of **** changing the items after the fact. I will be asking for a refund because the value is just not the same now.

In all seriousness, how is the value worse?
  • CJDorro12CJDorro12 Posts: 9
    In all seriousness how is it ok to change the terms of a deal after someone purchased it?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    CJDorro12 said:

In all seriousness how is it ok to change the terms of a deal after someone purchased it?

I’m curious about the response to this.

Some portion of summoners will be shorted the difference between the refresh timer and purchase limit. At a quick glance it seems they should’ve made the first week the old limit with new timers to make those summoners whole.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @CoatHang3r the refresh timer is now 7 days for most items instead of 14 days. They already announced when these changes would take place. How will ppl be shorted any items with the new refresh rates? Ppl are now getting more items than before.
  • DenRodDenRod Posts: 43
    CJDorro12 said:

I’m sorry but how can you guys change the terms of the contract (change the store items) when so many people paid for the existing setup? I think you guys need to reimburse your customers and start over. That’s a bunch of **** changing the items after the fact. I will be asking for a refund because the value is just not the same now.

Why are you complaining about an improved product?
    edited February 2020
    Neotwism said:

@CoatHang3r the refresh timer is now 7 days for most items instead of 14 days. They already announced when these changes would take place. How will ppl be shorted any items with the new refresh rates? Ppl are now getting more items than before.

If a player has an expiring sigil before the refresh then they are shorted the value of purchasing items at the rate they acquired the sigil under.

Right now someone with 6 days on sigil can only purchase the 5* shards twice when they would have expected to able to purchase it 3 times when they bought the sigil.

• Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 338 ★★
    CJDorro12 said:

You’re able to buy less this week, but more over a two week period, so you’re not missing out on anything, the value is higher. The legendary crystal is fairly the biggest complaint, but that was an added item that wasn’t available before, therefore didn’t affect your previous value.
    @CoatHang3r since ppl can purchase the sigil at any time throughout a month this could always be a problem. They announced they were changing it ahead of time and may have chose this date in the middle of the month to impact the least amount of ppl.
    Neotwism said:

@CoatHang3r since ppl can purchase the sigil at any time throughout a month this could always be a problem. They announced they were changing it ahead of time and may have chose this date in the middle of the month to impact the least amount of ppl.

That means nothing, some people spent their money on a service that was changed after the fact and left them with less.
    If enough ppl don't purchase the legendary crystal they may change the price on it. It is just an item that was added to the store. It's not like they removed another item to put this one in.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    I (like a sucker) bought the legendary crystal for 5k 4* shards today.
    Thought to myself "I haven't gotten lucky in a while, today is my day" (gambler's phrase 100%)

Yeah and I walked away with a 4* storm max dupe crystal. With an account nearly 1.7m, there aren't many 4* I don't have at 99/99.

Needless to say, that is the first and last time I'll be doing that.

I could have opened a basic 5* crystal if I had opened those 4* legit, but now I'm shortchanged.

Not sure why I would pay for a subscription deal for something that isn't an added benefit. At the very most, these crystals should cost 2k 4* shards.
    @CoatHang3r You already stated it doesn't matter if Kabam notifies ppl ahead of time about changes to the sigil. How then can they ever make any changes to it so it doesn't impact anyone?
    Neotwism said:

@CoatHang3r You already stated it doesn't matter if Kabam notifies ppl ahead of time about changes to the sigil. How then can they ever make any changes to it so it doesn't impact anyone?

Sounds like you’re putting words in my mouth in an attempt to start an argument. If Kabam fails to announce changes with enough overlap to ensure people are able to realize the value of what they purchased there is an issue. You may not have one and i do not have one but some people have one.
    I don't understand all the hate for a crystal you choose to purchase. Nobody says u have to buy everything in the sigil. It's up to each individual to decide if it's a good deal to their account. Almost all crystals are some form of RNG. I can only think of 3*, 4*, 5*, and 6* crystals that aren't some kind of gamble. That's 4 crystals out of dozens. Even the phc are a gamble. I don't see everyone complaining that they are a gamble and shouldn't be a part of the black iso store. What make this crystal so different? If it's just the price I agree. I think it should be cheaper. A lot of ppl are complaining about how it's a gamble though and shouldn't be in the store. That's the confusing part to me.
  • mgj0630 said:

You're essentially charging a fixed 2 1/2 4* for an 80% chance to get a 4* anyway. As someone with a packed roster, I'm now getting less four star champs (which I don't need anyway), but more importantly, I'm likely getting 550 less 5* shards.

Math...
    Assuming that you don’t care one bit about any more 4* champs because you have most of them anyways (except for using 5* Shards you get from pulling 4* Dups), and your 5* are exceeding your 4* in strength because you’re starting to take those 5* champs to higher ranks ...

Getting a Dup 4* would give only 275 shards toward 5*.
    Let's do calculations based on buying 5 of these Legendary black market crystals (since over the long haul doing 5 of them will average out to pulling one 5* champ from them).

———
    5 Legendaries will cost you 25,000x 4* Shards.
    (on average) you will pull one whole 5* champ (which otherwise equates to 10,000x 5* Shards cost), and will also give you another 1100x 5* Shards (4 * 275) from the (assumed) 4* Dups of the rest.

Versus using 25,000x 4* Shards all on normal 4* crystals.
    You would get (assumed Dups, and even rounding up to 26,000) 3575x 5* Shards (13 * 275).
    And let’s give the benefit of doubt that maybe 8 of the 13 will have also been Max Sig as well, that would be another 2200x 5* Shards. For a total of only 5775x 5* Shards.

— Summary —
    So buying 5 Legendaries would have given you (on average) the equivalent of 11,100x 5* Shards. In the form of an actual 5* champ plus another 1100x (at a minimum, because didn’t even account for potential MaxSig from those 4 other Legendaries that gave you 4* Dups).

Versus using them as 4* would have only received around 5775x 5* Shards. That's about half as much as if you bought the black market Legendaries instead.
    1) Your math is horrible, as you miss certain factors like max sig gems that can net a total of 550 5* shards for each duped.
    2) Your math assumes you are guaranteed a 5* out of 5 crystals. However, RNG is fickle and there is a strong chance you will get 0 for the five Legendary. People have a 15% of a 5* from a Cavalier... how many actual get 1 out of 10 crystals?
    1) Yes I DID account for the likelyhood of MaxSig cases in my Normal 4* choice side of the comparison. I assumed 8 of 13 might be Max Sig. Even if you bumped that up to all 13 being at Max Sig, the corresponding 4 out of 5 (on average) non-5* that would also be 4* Max Sig in the Legendary side of equation that I didn’t even include in the already “2 to 1” overall difference in 5* Shards would “almost” counteract that extra increase on the Normal 4* case side.

2) No, Math and Probability does NOT ever guarantee you getting a 5* champ from Legendary. But on a whole, over a sufficient sample size (of say a hundred thousand people playing this game), the average will come out in close proximation to 1 out of every 5 pulls ending up being a 5* champ. For everyone who opens 5 Legendaries without getting a 5*, there is most likely someone else out there who actually got multiple 5* champs out of 5 crystals.

So the math is the math. If you don’t like the statistical probability that, as a whole, more people will be getting greater results, then feel free to stick with the “Lesser” approach.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 506 ★★★
    CJDorro12 said:

Thanks for not answering my question.

As to yours, I would say it's okay if all they did was make the deal better. People can disagree with the price on the Legendary crystal, and I get that. But it's a brand new, additional item. They did not make the previous items any worse.
    JollyHawk said:

CJDorro12 said:

Thanks for not answering my question.

As to yours, I would say it's okay if all they did was make the deal better. People can disagree with the price on the Legendary crystal, and I get that. But it's a brand new, additional item. They did not make the previous items any worse.
    They did make it worse for those with less than 7 days left on their sigil. Those summoners will not be able to purchase the full amount of items from the store they agreed/expected to when buying the sigil.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Pros: I like the new accessibility in most of the items, and I feel it worth it.

Cons: Legendary price should be review. Definitely is not worth the gamble. I was debating myself between it or the 4k 4*shards for 2k 5*. I took the last. First is not worth the gamble, which should feel like not that much, given that I have already pay a fee for store with offers. Hope you may reconsider it guys.

Thank you!
  • CJDorro12CJDorro12 Posts: 9
    Neotwism said:

How about cut off the sigil purchases for 1 month, let all the old subs age out. Then sell again with the new items. Pretty simple
    @CJDorro12 so everyone loses out on up to a month of the sigil when only a few ppl may be affected? There hasn't been a single person on here say they have been shorted because their sigil is expiring. I would say IF anyone is affected file a ticket and allow them to purchase only the items they were shorted. Nobody loses out and everyone gets all items they should have.
    Neotwism said:

@CJDorro12 so everyone loses out on up to a month of the sigil when only a few ppl may be affected? There hasn't been a single person on here say they have been shorted because their sigil is expiring. I would say IF anyone is affected file a ticket and allow them to purchase only the items they were shorted. Nobody loses out and everyone gets all items they should have.

People reading the forums are tiny sample of the player base and those who post even smaller.

This ignores the reality and scope of the issue while making assumptions. People lose out.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    What ther culd done better was make a poll what we liked to get in the store and then we culd said what we like to paid for it but be realistic about it to like one said 3k from that legendary cystal wil not had ben bad wil it I’m don’t think
  • LogarooLogaroo Posts: 100
    After pulling a 4* from the legendary crystal it is not something I'll purchase in future. I understand the math but I'm generally quite unlucky with crystals (i get the worst possible reward 95% of the time) so its not worth it for me.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★

CJDorro12 said:

Lmao it’s better value though....
    Actually it's better. Before, u could get 3000 5* shards every 2 weeks. Now u can get 4000 5* shards every 2 weeks (2000 5* shards / week).