**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Idling/standing still - learning something new.

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
Hi all.

Was watching my Omega auto fight and he idled, while will over dash distance away from the enemy, for some time.

He even pulled out his tentacles and did his little checking himself over animation. So while the enemy was blocking on the other side of the screen.

How do you do this? If I dash back and don't touch block, my champion starts ambling back towards the enemy almost instantly.

So how do you get them to stand still while at a distance from the enemy?

It is it something only the AI can do?

Note that my champion was on auto fight, so I can't replicate it!

Thanks

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    All champs can do that. But not all champs have idle animations. Taking them into a very low quest (think 1.1.1 or something similar in story) and the enemy ai is passive enough to show if they have one or not. Don't dash back. Just stand there. The ai won't do anything at those levels.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Yes, but how do you stop your champion from Auto running forwards like the AI can? That's what really interested me.

How do I get my champion to idle, at dash back distance from the enemy, without auto running forwards?

I just saw the AI do it, so presumably there is a way that we can do it?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020

Yes, but how do you stop your champion from Auto running forwards like the AI can? That's what really interested me.

How do I get my champion to idle, at dash back distance from the enemy, without auto running forwards?

I just saw the AI do it, so presumably there is a way that we can do it?

Be in a very low lvl quest for more passive ai.
    Don't dash back, just stand there. Idling animation should play then. Depending on ai level they should also be able to do it, but high lvl ai never idle, they just block.
    edited February 2020
    I get that. I mean how do I do what the auto fight AI did.

The enemy dashed back and rather than auto running towards it, my champion stood still for a good 2 seconds.

This was against Morningstar on the Omega level in master EQ (so not low level).

I can't do that even on a low level quest. If I or the enemy dashes back, my champion will auto run forwards and close the gap, before starting to idle.

I just watched the auto fight AI *not* do this with my champion. It idled at, at least, dash back distance, when it should have auto run forwards.

So is there a way that I can do this too? Idle at dash distance?
  • HCMmcocHCMmcoc Posts: 55
    I dont think we as a player can do this.
    I thought perhaps I had missed the controls that enabled it. Like a secret finger press....
  • DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★

I get that. I mean how do I do what the auto fight AI did.

The enemy dashed back and rather than auto running towards it, my champion stood still for a good 2 seconds.

This was against Morningstar on the Omega level in master EQ (so not low level).

I can't do that even on a low level quest. If I or the enemy dashes back, my champion will auto run forwards and close the gap, before starting to idle.

I just watched the auto fight AI *not* do this with my champion. It idled at, at least, dash back distance, when it should have auto run forwards.

So is there a way that I can do this too? Idle at dash distance?

It’s the idle animations that cause them not to rush in. That’s all. Only some newer champs have it, I think from 2017 on they began implementing it. Stark Spidey, Sabretooth, CapIW, Masacre, Omega Red, are all champions that I can think of that do it. After the idle animation is over, they should rush back in to closing distance. It’s nothing more than that.
    Ah ha... But how do you get them to start the idle animation, when already at a distance?

It's baffling me.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    I can only do it with stark Spidey
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 508 ★★★
    Pretty sure it’s all about spacing. If you’re within a certain window, the computer draws you in. Standing at the far end of the map does not draw you in. At least in my experience.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Dash back, then dont do anything, and never guard.
    It’s the best way to see the idle motion
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Cap IW has one, he tightens his vambraces
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★

I can only do it with stark Spidey

He is the only person on my roster that I have seen do it.

Tried again with omega and I can't get him to do it. Wish I could though, would make baiting specials much easier...
  • Ah ha... But how do you get them to start the idle animation, when already at a distance?

It's baffling me.

U need to be close to the opponent so ur champion can idle that is the only way so if u r in a low lvl quest u should have no problem stay close to the opponent
    Read above; the AI did it on my character, at dash back distance, while auto fighting on master difficulty EQ.

I've seen it while close to an enemy, but not while that far away. And not with omega.

So I was asking if there is a control I've missed, v which enables us to do the same.

Apparently not.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    All you need to do is stay close to the opponent and do nothing. Idle animation will start.
  • jgrazjgraz Posts: 82
    I just typed this long answer to try and explain, then I realized that everybody else has already tried to explain and I figured what's the use. If he hasn't gotten it yet it just wont happen
    edited February 2020
    It's like none of you read it. This is *not* idling while close to the enemy.

I can do that.

This is idling while on the other side of the screen.

Normally while on the other side of the screen, your champion will auto run towards the opponent.

This did *not* happen while the auto fight was on. Omega idled while at dash distance from the enemy. He should have been auto running in, but did not. Presumably because he was controlled by the AI.

I was asking if there is a way for us to do it. Apparently not.

To clarify, one again, this is not about idling close to the enemy. This is about whether we can force idle while at full dash distance from the enemy.

It's like none of you read.....
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    jgraz said:

I just typed this long answer to try and explain, then I realized that everybody else has already tried to explain and I figured what's the use. If he hasn't gotten it yet it just wont happen

Facts I’ve lost brain cells reading some of this. Idling is idling and Sparky has his own mechanic where he has a longer idle. Big woop
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    Champs with an idle function can do it, so Sparky (taunt) Sabertooth (Fury conversion) can.