**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Plea to use all champs in solo events while also in alliance events

Do you want to work on fully exploring the soon to be 200+ total Paths in Act 6 but the champs you need are frequently tied up in AQ and AW? Do you have other life obligations so you can’t drop everything to binge play for 12 hours on the rare days that both AQ and AW aren’t running? Does anyone really want to put it on their calendar to remind themselves to not make real life plans on the days that AQ and AW are both down?!?

Solution: always allow access to all of your champs for solo events even if they are also in AQ or AW.

The current system of locking champs in AQ and AW was designed way BEFORE Kabam saturated maps with niche nodes that require certain champs.

Plea to use all champs in solo events while also in alliance events 36 votes

Champs should be able to be used simultaneously in both a solo event and an alliance event
66%
EbbtideRockermanLibralonixLvernon15Knorr722716wegnerkHomerJBondKapitanKalampagChampioncriticFilmsauceJemanjiNeotwismCASrinivasMarvzeliuslukakaLykanonGraydroxDeaconLucasjones_98Skillful_star 24 votes
Status quo: lock them down so there’s only a few days a month when all champs are available for solo events
33%
PantherusNZLeNoirFaineantbuffajrThereticJim0172FR33_HUG5DonnymeijRonD9PrezRio4monomuggTheBestinTuakauDas_gi 12 votes

Comments

• awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    I wouldn't be opposed to multiple single questing teams that use the same energy, either.

Take for instance you're up against the last boss of the abyss, and find you're in the final 5% of his life left... And it's Sunday night so you can't rely on a handful of units from arenas to finish him off. And you have to work early in the morning.

Now you're stuck with either waiting and wasting energy, spending money, or quitting out.

With this option, you could assemble an alternate team to go explore say normal EQ for a few units and maybe get lucky with a revive.

But to stay on point of the original post, there should be some sort of give on this. Even if it means once a champ is KOd on defense, they're available for use.

But I do agree ultimately with this post. Having 8 champs locked up for up to 72 hours during the week, and 3 more locked for an additional 120 hours usually around the same window is tough to balance with certain content, objectives, story, EQ, side events, etc
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Status quo: lock them down so there’s only a few days a month when all champs are available for solo events
    It's part of deciding what you want to do in the game. If you want to grind Act 6 you can fly solo for a bit or join a lower alliance. Or you can run higher AQ and AW and pick your spots. The game has always been this way. It was no different when we did act 5 with 4*s. I don't see any reason why this should be changed now.
  • PrezRio4PrezRio4 Posts: 84
    edited February 2020
    The options in the Poll are a bit... convenient. I mean you dont have your champs only a few days in the month... you probably have them a few hours almost every day. And like @LeNoirFaineant said, you always can make a compromise between personal time or alliance time in game by chosing a lower/higher level alliance.

Anyway, the game is clearly pointing to good and diverse rosters rather than having a few top champs. So having to manage champs between different categories makes sense to me.
  • HomerJBondHomerJBond Posts: 118
    Champs should be able to be used simultaneously in both a solo event and an alliance event
    It’s fascinating to me that some people think it would be healthier for the overall economy of the game to have its players quit their alliance in order to work on Act 6. “If you want to work on act 6, just quit the team that you are a part of.“ That attitude ignores why most people stay with this game, which is the social aspect of teaming with gaming friends. If I drop into a map 2 alliance, I might just retire permanently because the game is boring af playing all solo or with hobos that can’t pull any weight and don’t have anything interesting to say about the game.

True, right in the middle of the average work day we do have our champs for an hour or two everyday before we have to jump back in AQ, but maybe most of us have to actually work during the day so we cannot play act 6 in that little time window.

Look if Kabam wants the average low-end end-gamer to actually 100% the monstrosity that is Act 6 (aka seen by most as the biggest designing error Kabam has ever made) then they need to let us use our best champs at all hours of the day without making us drop out on our long time teammates.

Right now there is a broad gray spectrum of “end gamers”. People who have been playing for years and have plans to eventually explore all the content. Once the act 6.4 rewards come out, it will divide this end game group with a sharp divide—and this divide has never happened before. Those that 100% act 6 will have significantly better rosters for the first time ever compared to other people who do not explore it. Many of the people NOT exploring act 6 any time soon have invested thousands of dollars and thousands of hours, but now for the first time ever they will clearly be down graded from end gamers to middle tier. That sucks for people who put in so much work to get left behind for the first time after years of hard work. Many of those people will not be able to swallow that bitterness and will retire. This will affect the revenue that Kabam gets like never before, then the health of the game will be in serious question for every player after such a revenue loss.

The solution: let us work on act 6 with our best champs at any hour of any day.
    In Kabam think: if you allow your players to play Act 6 at any time during any day while also using those same champs in AQ or AW, then more people will explore act 6. The more people that explore act 6, the more units will be spent. The more units that get spent, the more money they get. It’s an obvious win for all sides.

It’s fascinating to me that some people think it would be healthier for the overall economy of the game to have its players quit their alliance in order to work on Act 6.

Are you fascinated by my post? lol. The only time a significant number of champs are locked is during war offense. If you need a specific champ from your AQ team for a specific Act 6 path... run a different path. We've had guys step away from the alliance for a bit to run content or because of time constraints, stay in the alliance chat, and then come back... camaraderie uninterrupted. I don't think Kabam should make a significant change to the game like this over fear of a player gap. There is a huge gap between players who spend a lot on Cav crystals and those that don't. Some of my friends in the game decided to play master AW and top 20 AQ. I chose not to. There is now a significant gap in our rosters. It's all good. The game is about choices. Choose how you want to play it.
    Your persuasive footing seems to be you don’t want the change because you don’t like change. You have not described any real downside to allowing champs to be used simultaneously in alliance and solo. You have not countered or acknowledged any of the actual benefits that I mentioned so I just generalize that as stubborn distraction from growth.

Nevertheless I hope this post creates some momentum so that we can see the benefits of more people exploring act 6, less of a gap in the player base, and more money for Kabam which helps to secure the game’s future.
    I'm not anti change, but I'm also not for change without a good reason. The distinction you make between act 6 and act 5 is not persuasive. If anything, those of us who finished act 5 were more restricted by having smaller rosters. People are always proclaiming dire warnings about the player gap. The ability of some to finish act 6 faster will be far less significant than Cav crystals and the game seems to be managing. Limited energy, limited resources, choosing to do some content rather than other content, these are fundamental parts of the game. The burden of proof is on the side calling for change and I'm not convinced by your reasons. That doesn't make me against change.

Your persuasive footing seems to be you don’t want the change because you don’t like change. You have not described any real downside to allowing champs to be used simultaneously in alliance and solo. You have not countered or acknowledged any of the actual benefits that I mentioned so I just generalize that as stubborn distraction from growth.

Nevertheless I hope this post creates some momentum so that we can see the benefits of more people exploring act 6, less of a gap in the player base, and more money for Kabam which helps to secure the game’s future.

Everyone could 100% for free with this change. Leave your best team in act 6 as long as you like and revive as you get units from arena, calendar, etc. Still get top rewards from AQ/AW with no issues if you want to take a week to complete a path. I don't think Kabam will go for it.
  • For all those that think that champs locked in one type of usage should be prevented from being used somewhere else at the same time...

Wonder if you’re tune might change if your same logic were thus also applied to NOT being able to use them in ARENA (or Duels) either ??

Interesting, I mean how is a champ that is off with his team running a war somewhere (or off on a Quest for the holy Thanos Gauntlet, lol) all of a sudden allowed to take a personal leave and go somewhere else in the Battlerealm to do some Arena fighting ?

Just a thought.

For all those that think that champs locked in one type of usage should be prevented from being used somewhere else at the same time...

Wonder if you’re tune might change if your same logic were thus also applied to NOT being able to use them in ARENA (or Duels) either ??

Interesting, I mean how is a champ that is off with his team running a war somewhere (or off on a Quest for the holy Thanos Gauntlet, lol) all of a sudden allowed to take a personal leave and go somewhere else in the Battlerealm to do some Arena fighting ?

Just a thought.

Yes, if the game were suddenly fundamentally different in a way than it has ever been, so that you could only ever play one game mode, I would argue against that change. Why not have no restrictions? Leave your best team in the Abyss, leave your best team in Act 6, run EQ and arena for units, play war and AQ. Never use units for revives. While we are at it, we should drop the energy requirements also.