**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hulkbuster Buff - 130 days

hope4tghope4tg Posts: 149
edited February 2020 in General Discussion
It has been 130 days or 4.5 months since the poll for the next buffed champion concluded and Hulkbuster has emerged as the winner. How much time did OML and Colossus buffs take (from announcement to going live in game)? Can we use that information to get a feel for when we can expect to see the buff for Hulkbuster go live in game?

(As an owner of a brand new 6* Hulkbuster I can't wait!)

Comments

• hope4tghope4tg Posts: 149
    Aleor said:

Too long) Honestly, they could've just copy paste abilities of best champs, tune them a little and release. I bet most people would be happy with that approach. Or decent ones if not the best, they obviously don't want every champ to be used

Agreed, similar to the changes to Gamora. She is still nothing special but you can at least have some fun with her buffs and refreshing them and ramping her up etc, she just became a more fun champion that is not that much of a deadweight as a 6* pull.

Hulkbuster could be a simple sp2 -> stack armor breaks go big damage rinse and repeat champion with big health pool and most people would probably be happy with him.

Gotta love it when we as a community complain about rushing content and not properly testing champs but when a buff is announced, we want them to rush it.

To be honest I don't recall a case of mass community complaint about "rushed content" but you are right about the "not testing champions properly" part, they don't.

A lot of people are on the mind set of "it's been months buff him already gosh kabam so slow".

I do not share this mind set, I am excited about it so I posted the number of days as a reference point in order to compare it to the OML/Colossus buffs.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    IMO there's a lot you can do with him.

You could make him Bleed immune (explained that the heavy armour protects the pilot inside), could also justify Poison Immune due to air filtration
    In Age of Ultron, Tony loses an arm for the armour, and "Veronica" sends down a replacement - this could translate into regenerative abilities, maybe similar to the % Health stages healings like Ultron & Howard or just a chance to regen as struck.
    Of course the whole armour stacking could work similar to Colossus whereby more armour = more damage output

All possibilities, and that's not even looking into NEW abilities, which is what I expect they're actually doing.

hope4tg said:

It has been 130 days or 4.5 months since the poll for the next buffed champion concluded and Hulkbuster has emerged as the winner. How much time did OML and Colossus buffs take (from announcement to going live in game)? Can we use that information to get a feel for when we can expect to see the buff for Hulkbuster go live in game?

(As an owner of a brand new 6* Hulkbuster I can't wait!)

OML and Colossus were 6+ months.
    6+, thank you. I also recall Kabam mike saying something like "6 month cycles" for champion rebalance updates. Maybe that's something they are sticking to?

IMO there's a lot you can do with him.
    ...and that's not even looking into NEW abilities, which is what I expect they're actually doing.

I really like that veronica idea. I would actually bet money that something like this will definerly be included as a buff/health stage in the rework. Hopefully it pays out in the end and we have a big ole chunky hulkbuster with not-so-noodle tier damage

• Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    I’d like to see him incinerate immune (the armor can withstand temperatures close to the sun), big armor ups, armor break immunity (except against cosmics), slow mechanics and some healing ability. There are so many things you can do with him. He definitely needs to have a synergy with og hulk. Maybe something like hulk buster reduces potently if enemy fury buffs and hulk is unblockable if he has a fury buff. Just a few ideas
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,981 ★★★★★
    hope4tg said:

Gotta love it when we as a community complain about rushing content and not properly testing champs but when a buff is announced, we want them to rush it.

To be honest I don't recall a case of mass community complaint about "rushed content" but you are right about the "not testing champions properly" part, they don't.

A lot of people are on the mind set of "it's been months buff him already gosh kabam so slow".

I do not share this mind set, I am excited about it so I posted the number of days as a reference point in order to compare it to the OML/Colossus buffs.
    There is no simple process for a redesign. Its not just Hulkbuster that these changes effect but also how other champions interact with HB. They're going to redesign his animations, abilities and specials. Theres no quick fix for this. Very similar to producing a new champion.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I hope this buff is worth all the time its taking.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Completely agree it’s been nearly 5 whole months of radio Silence from kabam even Colossus and OML took around 3 months to get there beta but we haven’t even heard a word about hulkbuster it’s really quite odd.....
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★

Properly testing is not equal to 4.5month-radio silence

We don’t even receive a tip of news of rework on Hulkbuster by far.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    I think the long wait will be worth it.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike can we have some sort of update on this?
  • Would much rather they took their time, were happy with a well balanced result than cave to community demands in terms of timeframes tbh.

If you look at what they’ve done in the recent months you have AOL which is a huge piece of content to have created and tested, 6.2, 3, 6.4 is pending, V4 has come out, V5 is in the works I believe.

On top of that they put a lot of work into the rebalancing of 6? Champions in one go so it’s probably been on the back burner.

I’m quietly confident that when it comes out it’ll be good. So far the only buff that they’ve done which has even remotely missed the mark is OML, so it’s a pretty good hit rate so far.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I hope that redesign can include changing the height of HB to a better scale as well, maybe similar to the height of sentinel.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    If they are doing a major rework it could take a lot of time, new animations and abilities need to be tested. I'm patiently waiting and hoping they make him a really cool character in the game. When he first came out pre 12.0 nerf he was a pain in the arena to fight against. I still have nightmares of him and unstoppable colossus.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    So colossus and oml got their reworks after 6 months well in comparison nearly 5 months of complete radio silence not even a beta test it’s pretty ridiculous
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    Make Hulkbuster anti colossus and Havok
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    Did we ever find out if they are doing DD also for sure? They originally said if they had time but what does that mean. Whats the time limit? lol
  • ChEpiLa_6ChEpiLa_6 Posts: 14
    Zuko_ILC said:

If they are doing a major rework it could take a lot of time, new animations and abilities need to be tested. I'm patiently waiting and hoping they make him a really cool character in the game. When he first came out pre 12.0 nerf he was a pain in the arena to fight against. I still have nightmares of him and unstoppable colossus.

They make 2 new champions every month