**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Act 5 Chapter 3

edited September 2017 in General Discussion
STRONGER THAN YESTERDAY
With the Collector out of the picture, the Grandmaster has seized control of the Contest and has concocted his first game, but beware the Grandmaster’s treachery! This Chapter of Act 5 has some surprises in store that will require you to play in a way you’ve never played before!

NOW IT’S NOTHING BUT MY WAY
The Grandmaster’s first test for you is merely a taste of the things to come! Frustrated at the disorganization of his brother’s collection, the new boss of the Battlerealm has resorted a a grand game to organize it, suppressing all but one Class of Champions in each area of his new gauntlet!

Act 5 Chapter 3: The Struggle is coming September 6th at 10AM PDT. Prepare your teams!

Q&A

How long does this quest run for?
Like Chapter 1 and 2, this’ll be around until the inevitable heat-death of the universe. A cursory Googling says this is 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 56 years from now, so make sure you complete it before the end of time and space!

How hard is this Chapter?
We want to avoid making direct comparisons to other content in the game since that can create unrealistic expectations, but the PI of the enemies ranges between 17000 and 21000 in each Quest.

It doesn’t increase between Quests?
It does not. We have tuned this chapter to have relatively flat PI values across all 6 quests, which we did for a reason...

What’s the reason?
Well, the main reason is that we have 6 new global buffs activated in each quest. Each of these buffs severely limits the damage output of all classes except one. You can read more on each of the buffs and others below, but we opted to keep PI flat across the quests so we weren’t making one quest harder than another from a tuning perspective when it will already present an interesting challenge based on the Classes of Champions in your roster. There is another reason though, and that is that Act 5 Chapter 3 will contain Gates and Keys!

Gates and Keys?
Exactly. If you played Rocket’s Scrapyard back in May, you already almost know how these work, with some small but important changes. First off, for those who don’t know: some Gates in our game require specific items or resources to pass through. In Act 5 Chapter 3, some paths (but not all of them) will be blocked by Gates that require Class Keys to pass through. There are 6 types of Key (1 for each Class) and there are also different Keys in each quest on the map, as well as 1 Key for each class as a reward for first-time completion in each Quest. This means in order to master Chapter 3, you’ll need to hop around these quests to collect the needed Keys.

We’ve made a couple of changes to the way Gates and on-map items work to help enhance your experience, however. First off, these Class Keys will be Permanent Items. Once collected, Permanent Items will never respawn in a Quest. You’ll see which items are Permanent because they have a different looking node beneath them, as well as a soft glow emanating from them on the Quest Board.

Second, we’ve changed the way spending resources when passing through Gates works. Previously, when you spent a resource to pass through a Gate and Quit the Quest without finishing, those resources were lost forever. From now on, any spent resources from Gates will be refunded to you if you quit or are removed from a quest before completing it.

We’ve also made a small UI Improvement to show more than 1 available resource for Gates in any given quest. Now, the bar at the top that shows how many of a needed resource you have will display as many as are required in a Quest. i.e. if a quest has 10 Gates, each with different resources needed to pass through, the bar at the top of the screen will become scrollable to show how many of each of those resources you own.

And lastly, Items and Chests on the Quest Board can now be tapped to view their names and descriptions! This means you can see what an item is before committing to a specific path. This applies to more than just Keys, too, so any Item can be tapped to see its description from now on!

Okay, that was a lot, so to recap:
- Chapter 3 has Gates that require Class Keys.
- Each Quest has some non-blocked paths, and some Class Keys to Collect both ON the map, and as a reward for first-time completion.
- Class Keys are Permanent Items; they can only be collected once.
- Collecting a Key then quitting the Quest before completion will not result with you acquiring the item; when re-entering the Quest, the Key in question re-appears on the same node.
- Quitting Quests before completing them now refunds all resources spend on Gates.
- You can now tap on Items that appear in Quests to see their name and description.

Is there some insane boss like The Collector?
No. Obviously the bosses in Chapter 3 are hard - they’re supposed to be. As you now know, becoming Uncollected is meant to be a major point of accomplishment in the game, and we wanted to make sure it was something that felt like an accomplishment and not just another fight.

What are the Buffs in this Chapter?
First off, let’s talk about the Class Buffs. These are Global Buffs in each quest, so you won’t be seeing them used together at the same time in Chapter 3. Keep in mind, this attack reduction does apply to things like Fury and Star-Lord’s signature ability. I.e. if you’re using Star-Lord in a Quest that doesn’t have Overclocked as the Global Buff, it will take him twice as long to reach the same attack strength as it normally would. Also note: these Buffs do not affect the boss.

X-Gene
All Champion classes but Mutant reduce their Attack by 50%.
Physical Perfection
All Champion classes but Skill reduce their Attack by 50%.
Split Atom
All Champion classes but Science reduce their Attack by 50%.
Ancient Knowledge
All Champion classes but Mystic reduce their Attack by 50%.
Stellar Pulse
All Champion classes but Cosmic reduce their Attack by 50%.
Overclocked
All Champion classes but Tech reduce their Attack by 50%.

On top of these, we have 2 other new buffs, which aren’t used globally but are used on multiple fights throughout nearly every Quest.

Cornered

- Whenever a damage over time Debuff is applied to this Champion, they gain X% more power for the duration of that Debuff.
- There are 3 versions of Cornered which give 100%, 200%, and 300% more Power. All 3 versions are used in Chapter 3, though again, not across all fights.
- Also important to note is that this isn’t a passive Power Gain like Hyperion - this is simply X% more power from normal sources like being struck or landing hits, etc.

Power Reserve
Special Attacks for both Champions cost 50% less Power.

Did you Beta Test this?
Yes we did! Thanks once again to our testers for their invaluable feedback. We made lots of changes based on their thoughts, perhaps most notably: we removed Magik completely from this Chapter, as her interactions with Power Reserve were… let’s just go with “fun” and “interactive.”
Post edited by Kabam DK on

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I had a feeling it would drop soon. :) Sounds interesting.
    Rewards look good.
  • Wish I could even login after yet another update
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    can you guys either remove science from the class 5* AG, or introduce a new science champ? ffs.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    When does this start
    To be fair, people wanted a Gem last Chapter. Now we're getting one. 5* Sig Stones are alot easier to come by. T2A Shards were just added to the Glory Store.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    We were also told 5* would be more accessible but it seems barely so
    No signature stones to go with the awakening gem why even bother... Why give it at all

Signature Stones are much less rare than Awakening Gems. Those are much easier to get and are much more accessible in different areas of the game, like Master Difficulty in the Monthly Event Quests.

Thanks yes but, that is the only area and it is 5 stones... Randomly. Just 5 Miike, you likely will not even get 1 for the class you want. It could take 5 years of Master just to get 50 stones, 25% Max, of the class you want. I don't mean to be complaining I just hope we can at least look forward to some stones elsewhere then. But I do look forward to fighting.

You don't have to complain about everything...an awakening gem FAR outweighs sig stones.
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Looking forward to it - would prefer more 5* shards though. Looking like about a 1/3 of a crystal for 100%ing the whole thing.
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    Rewards are weak to the point that I almost don't even see the point of completing it.
  • BURHAN123BURHAN123 Posts: 5
    Are there any rank down ticket to have the right champ to play with act 5 ?
  • rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    What about t2a??? Atleast give us some t2a shards...
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Just thought of this - will we be going against 6* champs?

I think, but can't remember for sure (and candidly am too lazy to go looking) that word is they won't enter content until October so my guess is no but would appreciate the clarification.
  • where are 2x T5B ??? i thought we will have it with chap3...
    edited August 2017
    To be fair, people wanted a Gem last Chapter. Now we're getting one. 5* Sig Stones are alot easier to come by. T2A Shards were just added to the Glory Store.

Yeah and even in a top tier alliance that equates to months of AQ to get even one t2a, let alone 4 or 6.

Regardless, it's one Chapter. If they gave Frags, it would still not be enough for some. It's only one part of the game. There's no possible way they could make the Rewards sufficient for what everyone needs or wants. I'm sure there will be other ways to get them in time to Max 5*'s.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Just thought of this - will we be going against 6* champs?

I think, but can't remember for sure (and candidly am too lazy to go looking) that word is they won't enter content until October so my guess is no but would appreciate the clarification.

i'm pretty sure they said no 6*s in 5.3
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    So let me ask ... No degeneration nodes on chapter 3?