**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sigil Idea

Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
Just as a suggestion im seeing a lot of people complaining about the benefits of the summoners sigil and in the most part i agree with them. For an End Game player the sigil doesnt really offer anything we dont have or cant attain quite easily anyway. Wouldnt it be better to run a tiered subscription service where we as players could choose our level of investment and the benefits would reflect the monthly investment we make? e.g $10 sigil offers x,y and . $20 sigil offers a,b,c etc etc. I wouldnt mind having the option avaliable to me to choose. And surely it would be a better way for kabam to get a steady stream of subscriptions if we had a number of options to choose from every month.

Comments

• Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I suggested on the survey that summon sigil should be to pay for donations in total for map 7. I think that is much more useful than anything Kabam can come up with and players like myself wouldn't have to grind arena anymore to keep up. I would pay 10 bucks a month for that easily.
  • Options

For an End Game player the sigil doesnt really offer anything we dont have or cant attain quite easily anyway. Wouldnt it be better to run a tiered subscription service where we as players could choose our level of investment and the benefits would reflect the monthly investment we make?

There's two separate questions there: should the Sigil be tiered, and should it be just as beneficial for end game players as intermediate players.

The answer to the second question is no, I don't think it should be as beneficial for end game players as intermediate players. And before anyone makes the quibble, that's tantamount to saying the benefits already there, which we can all debate the actual value of, are not zero and justifiably lower.

The problem is this translates to taking all the fastest players who are already the fastest progressers and already running out of content comparable to their progress level and giving them the ability purchase even faster progress. That's extremely problematic, and should be something that happens infrequently not constantly.

The answer to the first question is: I'm not sure I see the benefits to adding tiers in general. Even the Sigil itself is a form of tiering: those who buy it verses those who don't. And the Sigil isn't universally considered a good thing: many don't like the fact that such an option exists at all. All revenue streams in the game are compromises, including the Sigil. It has upsides, but it also has downsides, in particular in segmenting the playerbase between those who have it and those who don't, and the friction it causes between the spenders and the free to play players who both need each other for the game to be successful in the long run. I wouldn't vote to expand that contention from a two-way debate into a multiway debate between the free to play players and the players in the different tiers of the Sigil.

If you think about that extra friction as a kind of karma currency you could only spend once, I wouldn't spend it on tiering the Sigil in terms of spending. I would probably spend that friction on tiering the Sigil in terms of veteran status, with veteran status measured in terms of number of days logged in since account creation (as opposed to someone that signed in once four years ago and then didn't play again until today; that guy would get two days of veteran status).