**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bonus Parry Stun Time vs Perfect Block Mastery - by the numbers

Now that the Description of Parry has been corrected to show what the actual Bonus Stun Time is related to Perfect Block chance, what are the different ways you can have a high Perfect Block Chance.
And assuming the potential Bonus Stun Time (up to 0.5, 0.7, 1.0 sec) is only fully achievable when your champ actually has a full 100% P.B. Chance (and otherwise is a straight-line % of that extra stun time based on actual P.B. % chance you have) ...

Well, using the Perfect Block Mastery is NOT it. The P.B. Mastery at best gives an extra 4%, that would result in a rather insignificant amount of extra Stun Time.

@CoatHang3r has suggested in prior Parry discussion thread that the average inherent P.B. chance that most champs have is maybe around 10%. With of course only a few champs who actually have a much higher % like OG CapAmerica, and to a lesser extent Daredevil, who would be the only ones able to receive a large amount of that potential Bonus Stun Time.

Then there is Synergies, where one of the highest P.B. combinations I think that can be reached is an extra 40% P.B. using a certain combination of Guardians / Galaxy on your team.
So on average, even using the highest P.B. Synergy combinations possible, would at best result in around 50% of the potential Bonus Stun Time.
But most other teams might only have at best only 1 or 2 pairs of P.B. synergy (5 or 10%, plus the champ's inherent 10% chance).

This is all conditional on the current description of Perfect Block Mastery actually being correct (1/2/3/4 % P.B.), but if correct I would discourage trying to use P.B. Mastery as an extra way to increase your Parry Stun Time. Even at MAX of 4%, that is even less than using a single Synergy of P.B. (5% each).

(Parry description announcement here)...

Comments

• DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    I’m maybe I’m imagining things but going into variant 1 to test parry and it seems block damage is higher. I’m testing with Longshot who I just pulled.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Sunspot just got nerfed..extended stun was his only chance to recover incinerates

Since the change only changes the Parry mastery description, not the actual thing Parry does, that is unlikely.
    But the problem is that they changed not only description, but reduced stun duration as well. Before this “description change” stun was lasting ~1.9s with max parry and max Stupefy. Now its barely last 1.6s.
    Kabam is claiming that they cant increase stun duration to what mastery is saying because it would break game balance. So what they did actually silent nerfed parry instead of just changing description.

And i can feel that change in duration of stun, because when i play omega i always wait till last moment to do heavy and lock spores, but now from muscle memory i miss time landing heavy attack
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

Sunspot just got nerfed..extended stun was his only chance to recover incinerates

I have a 5* Sunspot and he still gets extended stun whenever I parry if the opponent have incinerates.
    edited February 2020
    Old parry time (captured 11days ago)
    https://youtu.be/NRCIeXmZFk4
    New parry time
    https://youtu.be/iLb9hVldm24

Im not making this up.
    (All masteries are unchanged and exactly the same on both videos)
    U can even see the duration is longer in older parry video and enough time passes that corvus begins autorun from idle towards opponent.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Lol. I'm usually one of the first people to call bull on Kabam but my understanding that this is just a description change. I don't think anything about Parry has changed since 12.0. There's been several threads recently about Parry and how it's description don't match and guessing those are why this is happening.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★

Lol. I'm usually one of the first people to call bull on Kabam but my understanding that this is just a description change. I don't think anything about Parry has changed since 12.0. There's been several threads recently about Parry and how it's description don't match and guessing those are why this is happening.

To me it is bs since when has the duration of stun from parry matter if you get a perfect block or not
    Does anyone have the old description of the parry mastery??
  • edited February 2020
    nOux said:

U can even see the duration is longer in older parry video and enough time passes that corvus begins autorun from idle towards opponent.

We have changed literally nothing but the description, but I will ask if there's anything else that might have happened.

Old parry description ⬆️ Thanks Seatin
  • Lol. I'm usually one of the first people to call bull on Kabam but my understanding that this is just a description change. I don't think anything about Parry has changed since 12.0. There's been several threads recently about Parry and how it's description don't match and guessing those are why this is happening.

To me it is bs since when has the duration of stun from parry matter if you get a perfect block or not
    This is what it said in June 2017 (from a video from Brian's channel):

Then at some point it was changed to say this (this is from circa December 2018):

It always seems to have said the chance varied with Perfect Block chance. It doesn't vary depending on whether you actually get a perfect block or not, it just varies with your PB chance. Perfect Block chance is like a strength modifier for the Parry stun.

The problem is when you look at that later description, it doesn't say "up to" it says you get a stun of a certain duration, *and also* it goes up with Perfect Block chance. The reasonable inference is that your stun starts at the quoted value and increases with Perfect Block chance. The original description more clearly states that the quoted value isn't the minimum value it is the maximum possible value.

My guess is someone decided to add the "with basic attacks" part, and then without thinking about the semantic consequences dropped the "up to" part.
    DNA3000 said:

Then at some point it was changed to say this (this is from circa December 2018):

It always seems to have said the chance varied with Perfect Block chance. It doesn't vary depending on whether you actually get a perfect block or not, it just varies with your PB chance. Perfect Block chance is like a strength modifier for the Parry stun.

The problem is when you look at that later description, it doesn't say "up to" it says you get a stun of a certain duration, *and also* it goes up with Perfect Block chance. The reasonable inference is that your stun starts at the quoted value and increases with Perfect Block chance. The original description more clearly states that the quoted value isn't the minimum value it is the maximum possible value.

My guess is someone decided to add the "with basic attacks" part, and then without thinking about the semantic consequences dropped the "up to" part.
    Thanks for the info but the new description gives “Perfect Block Chance” a value which in reality decreases the stun duration of a parry. Imo kabam should of increased the stun duration if you get a perfect block.

Stun duration went from 2sec to 1sec with new parry.
  • Duck_of_DoomDuck_of_Doom Posts: 171
    nOux said:

New parry time

Im not making this up.

Block damage is also different. Maybe perfect block proficiency was up on one.

DNA3000 said:

Thanks for the info but the new description gives “Perfect Block Chance” a value which in reality decreases the stun duration of a parry. Imo kabam should of increased the stun duration if you get a perfect block.

They have literally reworded what it says, that’s it. Parry itself still functions the way it always has, I really don’t know where you’re getting this idea from to be honest, they haven’t changed how parry works and don’t intend to. There was a description error with it recently where it said the duration of the stun could be up to 50 seconds, that’s now been fixed and everything is fine. Removing the cost of the cores from parry is just a nice little bonus, it’s essentially giving us free units which wasn’t even needed to fix that error.
    Something has changed & I believe it is the stun duration. Why else would kabam let us rework our masteries for free if nothing has changed??
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★

nOux said:

New parry time

Im not making this up.

Block damage is also different. Maybe perfect block proficiency was up on one.
    One of those is a 5* the other is a 3* so the block damage is obviously going to be worse for the latter. I can imagine that the higher the tier champion, the higher the perfect block chance, thus longer parry stuns on higher tier champions.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

They have literally reworded what it says, that’s it. Parry itself still functions the way it always has, I really don’t know where you’re getting this idea from to be honest, they haven’t changed how parry works and don’t intend to. There was a description error with it recently where it said the duration of the stun could be up to 50 seconds, that’s now been fixed and everything is fine. Removing the cost of the cores from parry is just a nice little bonus, it’s essentially giving us free units which wasn’t even needed to fix that error.
    Something has changed & I believe it is the stun duration. Why else would kabam let us rework our masteries for free if nothing has changed??
    Because they removed the need to buy cores to unlock each stage of parry...

That does not mean the function of the mastery has changed, it’s just cheaper to unlock. I really don’t see how that’s a bad thing.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    nOux said:

New parry time

Im not making this up.

The difference in timing is when you stopped the recording. Do the second video again with one parry and you’ll see the debuff timers match up.

In the first video there is 60% left on CG’s armor break when the stun ends meaning 40% of it’s duration had passed. CG’s armor break last’s 4s, 4x.4=1.6
  • jammybstrdjammybstrd Posts: 36
    edited February 2020

They have literally said nothing has changed. They have promised you free stuff. What more do you want, stop playing the game if the changing of a description makes that much difference to you

DNA3000 said:

• *** Point of this thread was intended to lend discussion about the relevance of PERFECT BLOCK MASTERY itself, and how minimally it would apparently affect your Stun Time.

Because I had seen many people in the past always saying “Max out your P.B. Mastery because it will help with your Stun Time”.

———
    As opposed to this devolving into something that will unfortunately get closed because of it falling into the exact same re-hash of thread that had been long-running, and which should have now been totally “Resolved” with this correction to the Description.
  • Sjr38Sjr38 Posts: 16

*** Point of this thread was intended to lend discussion about the relevance of PERFECT BLOCK MASTERY itself, and how minimally it would apparently affect your Stun Time.

Because I had seen many people in the past always saying “Max out your P.B. Mastery because it will help with your Stun Time”.

———
    As opposed to this devolving into something that will unfortunately get closed because of it falling into the exact same re-hash of thread that had been long-running, and which should have now been totally “Resolved” with this correction to the Description.

*** Point of this thread was intended to lend discussion about the relevance of PERFECT BLOCK MASTERY itself, and how minimally it would apparently affect your Stun Time.

———

———

I never felt it was good to max out PB myself. I told several alliance mates to check the thread and lend their opinions, I saw the point of the thread and appreciate you trying to bring attention to that.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Only the description have changed.
    They are giving refund because from now onwards rank 2 and 3 on parry will not cost Stony Mastery cores to unlock.
  • Sjr38 said:

They have literally said nothing has changed. They have promised you free stuff. What more do you want, stop playing the game if the changing of a description makes that much difference to you

DNA3000 said:

Obviously, that is incorrect. Plenty of screen shots posted showing otherwise if YOU paid attention instead of trying to antagonize folks.... folks have complained about parry mastery for a long time now, they literally said, thanks to reports... just stop.
    This is a rehash of a previous thread where this entire topic was discussed. The issue was mentioned, tests were performed, I even replicated those tests, and all of this confirmed that Parry was in fact working as the text description is being modified to read, and not the way many people (including myself) believed it worked.

Before Kabam announced this change, careful testing already showed that the description was wrong and needed to be changed, and Parry was - at least in all cases tested - working consistently with the older description, albeit the newer corrected description is more precise about the numbers. The current description is now consistent with the testing I did when this topic came up previously. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed.

In fact, the updated description is almost verbatim what I suggested a better description would be for the behavior of Parry, back when this was tested and discussed a while ago. Back on the 4th, I said:
    There is one obvious way to describe the stun part of the mastery if it works the way you're articulating: "... stun attackers for one second plus up to [0.5/0.7/1.0] seconds based on perfect block chance."
    That description was the result of player discussion and testing, which showed that's how Parry actually worked at the time, and other players confirmed that it had been working that way for as long as they could recall. This isn't some Kabam misdirection, this is how informed players understood things to work themselves.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

So, with the new Parry we lost from 0.5 to 1 second of stun unless you spend mastery point to better your perfect block. A thing we didn't have to do before...

And with all the limber nodes out there, it will make the game a bit harder as you will barely have time to try another Combo after your 5th hit