**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant 5

When can we expect variant 5 to come out ? :)

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Hopefully it’s as tough as V1 with better rewards. V2-4 have been letdowns with how easy they were. Lol
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    I hope its the same style as v2-v4, the most fun ive had in this game was 100% v4, v1 was not as fun for me.
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    I think v5 is blood and venom, so it might have to do with damage over time.
    Probably April.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

xNig said:

Hopefully it’s as tough as V1 with better rewards. V2-4 have been letdowns with how easy they were. Lol

Lol! First person I've heard say that. After my completion run I forgot about V1. Fully explored the other 3.
    For the rewards you get, V2-V4 are extremely easy. V1 is much more tuned difficulty wise to the rewards you get. I do like the themes that they employed in V2-V4 (large champs, tech champs, etc.). I think ideally they would make a V5, where the difficulty level lies between V1 difficulty and V2-4 difficulty. With possibly some more 6* shards.
    I think there are going to be 12 variants, but I don’t know how they are going to keep thinking of themes for them.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/112278/the-next-12-back-issues
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 345 ★★★
    Currently looks to be they aim to release one per quarter. So i can see variant 5 to 8 coming out this year.

9 to 12 will be 2021 and 13-16 will be 2022.

variant 5 will likely release end of march, beginning of April.
    I don’t think there will be 16 variants.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Will be at the earliest April, 6.4 is first I believe based off the 6 month plan thing
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 345 ★★★
    You mean the game will be done by then? Or they will stop the variant program?
    Variants are about the early days of the contest and seeing how far we come. Soon enough, we’ll be comparing variants as the “earliest days of the contest”

They might add new challenges though, and we still have a few years.
  • LufasoLufaso Posts: 104
    Would love to see a 6r2 gemme instead of the 5r5 one for 100%.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Lol i didnt think they were that easy tbh def doable but not a cakewalk
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 260 ★★★
    Variants 2-4 are one of the (rare?) parts of the game the community largely praises Kbm for getting it right. Reverting back to how V1 was designed, or making variants worse than V1 would be silly. If so, expect a massive dip in player participation and appreciation of this now very fun mode.

If they have the majority of their costumers satisfaction in sight, they'll keep up the good work along the same lines it's been going o:)
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    -sixate- said:

xNig said:

Lol! First person I've heard say that. After my completion run I forgot about V1. Fully explored the other 3.
    This. I'll never explore content that restricts my champs like that. Same with 6.2 and the goddam gates.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

-sixate- said:

xNig said:

This. I'll never explore content that restricts my champs like that. Same with 6.2 and the goddam gates.
    Yeah, hard barrier just suck, encouraging you to bring certain champs is good, like variant 3 with the encourage to bring a tech stuff, but hard gates just need to be totally removed imo
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Somebody gets it.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    xNig said:

V1 made me cry
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    xNig said:

I wonder if V2-4 were released prior to V1 if they would still be considered relatively easy, and what kind of outrage there was going to be when V1 was released after V2-4.

V1 was definitely the most challenging one of them all. But if you grow your roster, rank up more champs to a higher level and improve your skills, it really isn’t as much of a nightmare as most remember their completion run was.
  • LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182

Lol i didnt think they were that easy tbh def doable but not a cakewalk

That is why it was fun
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    For a lot of people, Variant 1 was a nightmare. The difficulty was so high, you required SO many specific counters and even if you had them, some of the fights were so fun and interactive, it was a robbery. Almost everyone would agree that it's for the better that we never see a Variant like that again.

As for the other Variants, the difficulty level was perfect, not too difficult and not too easy. The amount of specific counters required were reduced, the gates were way less harsh and all 3 of them were a really enjoyable experience. They should keep doing the Variants like this.

If you want difficulty, do the Variants with 3* Champions. Or if you wanna farm disagrees, go on.