**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I need alliance leadership tips.

Soon I intend on starting an alliance and any advice from some alliance leaders would be helpful.

Comments

• IMO as long as you are clear about what you want in alliance members, and the people you recruit are equally honest about their goals, you can find a solid fun group of players.

I think this is key. You need to know what you want, you need to know what your members want, and you need to be up-front honest with potential recruits about what they are getting. If you don't know what you want, if you recruit blindly, if you end up with a bunch of players who all want different things, eventually they will pull the alliance apart.

Beyond that, remember that leaders lead by serving. Your job is to do what's best for the alliance, and remember that alliances are ultimately people. You can't be a slave to your members and you can't baby them, but your job is to provide the structure that allows them to work together to get to where ever they want to go, where ever that is.

No matter what, you have to be seen as fair. Communicate with your members, talk to them, get to know them, explain yourself and your ideas, try to keep them informed about what's going on.
  • DarkMalachi2DarkMalachi2 Posts: 73
    It TOTALLY depends on the kind of alliance you want to build. But I can tell you this: An alliance is only as strong as their willingness to kick.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,355 ★★★★
    You're not going to get a fully alliance of 30 people straight away. Work instead to get a single BG worth of members (10 people) and the work to build some cohesion with those 10 in AQ and/or AW. You can then use that as a springboard to recruit further. Those 10 can also be potential choices for Officers to help you out.

Beyond that, be very clear and honest as to where you're at and where you're going, then recruit like crazy - forums, Facebook, General Chat, Line, etc.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Be very, very, very patient. It's not an easy task to recruit and keep ppl.
    Before you name officers, know your ppl. It's not always the highest ranking who's the best officer, it's, most of the time, the one that is active at comm.
    Be clear on your ally's description. Write your goal, (AQ, AW, events, etc...), so ppl know that they're joining the right ally.
    Communication is the key. Have a great comm and it should goes well.

Good luck, op.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Be very selective in your officers. Don't just give them out to the first person that joins your alliance. Make ppl earn the position and work for it. Officers will make or break an alliance. There is too much for the leader to do everything by themselves. U will end up not having any time to play the game. Recruiting is one of the hardest parts of this game. It takes a lot of work and especially at first is neverending. Even if u have a full group someone is going to leave so u always need to be ready to bring someone in to take their place

Try and stay on good terms with former players. Ppl will outgrow your alliance. U may be doing map4 and a person in your alliance is ready for map 5. If they want to leave let them. U never know when u will cross paths again. Almost a year ago I started a new alliance and was able to go thru my contacts and within a week had a full group of former players. They knew what I expected and I knew what kind of player they were so it worked out great. I still keep in contact with dozens of ppl that aren't in my alliance. That way if a guy needs their spot covered while they are on vacation or something I can always find someone even if it's just for a week or two.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    It takes patience. Make decisions from a long term goal perspective instead of a short term perspective. Players will come and go. Don't hire a recruit who is not a good fit because you are desperate to fill slots. The game isn't going anywhere anytime soon:) Have patience and make good long term decisions.

Organization and a good group of officers is critical. I recommend having 2 officers (including yourself) to lead each bg for a total of 6. Have these two person teams be responsible for the operation of each bg. Path assignment, defense, every aspect of that battle group. I am not involved at all in the day to day management of the other two groups. Only my bg. They run them as they see fit. And so long as the groups are operating smoothly, I don't interfere. Don't try to manage all 30 players yourself. Depending on your level of competitiveness you'll want a chat server. We use discord with the Collector bot and spreadsheets and all that. Create an atmosphere where folks are having fun and the alliance is steadily progressing. You don't need to progress at a super fast pace. Just a steady pace will do. As most of this was said above, decide what your requirements are and what you expect from your members and lead by example.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,153 ★★★★★
    This is a great thread of replies. Kabam should pin this somewhere.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Don’t allow drama . It sucks the fun right out of the game
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

It TOTALLY depends on the kind of alliance you want to build. But I can tell you this: An alliance is only as strong as their willingness to kick.

Hate to agree with you, but it is the sad truth.

Even in a casual alliance, plenty of "leeches" come in .. and try to ride the coattails with doing minimal effort.
    You need to monitor for those that are just "surfing" .. and reach out to them .. if they don't respond, don't be afraid to kick them - they're only weighing you down.

Note, that I definitely distinguish between "lazy" and "poor player" .. ;)

A lazy/leecher/etc will join AQ , fight 1 fight to get a couple points, then not login again for 20 hours.
    You'll see them posting absolute minimum values for a lot of things .. and (possibly) generating many excuses along the way.

For example: again, I'm in a casual alliance, with AQ as "optional" .. yet I've had a guy join AQ, 1 fight .. logs in once every 24 hours. When I reach out to him, he complains he's just busy with work.
    I point out "that's fine, but please don't join AQ if you can't participate" ...
    Next day, he joins AQ .. 1 fight, doesn't login again.
    I kicked him the next day ;)

A "poor player" is somebody that just isn't good .. they're trying .. they just "suck" LOL
    I actually have no problems with this type of player (again, casual alliance is great for these types of players .., it's a good place for them to learn .. not a more dedicated, hardcore alliance!!)
    I actually don't mind working with newer players and trying to give tips/pointers to help them improve ..

Communication is key in all of this .. if you have players that simply don't respond/listen/etc ... it's probably not worth keeping them ..
    Players that respond to question .. ask questions and "speak up" ... are the best .. and the ones you'll form the best rapport with.

Good luck!