**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

True cost of suicide mastery setup, is it worth it??

Hey everyone! So... I have a dilemma. I am an avid player of mcoc and spend a good amount of my days either watching YouTubers like Seatin, Lags, or KT1 play the game or I upload myself. One thing most of them have in common is the fact that they run suicides (except Seatin). I have been thinking about it myself quite a bit lately, and I think I want to go for it too! The problem: how many units do I have to dump into these things to finally obtain them? I know a big part of the suicide masteries is the regenerative/resistance masteries as well, and they aren't cheap. Does anyone have a breakdown of the costs to run a full setup? Thank you!

Comments

• ahock101ahock101 Posts: 118
    Around 10k units to fully unlock I believe
  • YungTyylerYungTyyler Posts: 13
    Wow thats a lot... thank you!
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I think less than 10k if I recall correctly.

Depending on what you already have unlocked
    The suicides themselves cost about an odin and a half. Then depending on what health stuff you want its maybe another odins tops
    I'm essentially running fresh with them, never unlocked any parts so it'll be a while for me I think!
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    They are worth it if you have some good champs that work well with the. Corvus is great with them. He heals up and does more damage. AQ is easy peezy with him.
  • If you run willpower anyway it’s 8 Carb cores I believe.

I have recoil unlocked, which I think is a carb core and need another 7 for the suicides themselves
    I run ALOT of warlock and emma frost, but I do have some champs that I use often that will take a good amount of damage from suicides... such as Stealthy, HT, AA etc. But I think it will still be worth it honestly
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    edited January 2020
    This site will tell you exactly what cores you’ll need to buy to unlock the masteries you need: https://auntm.ai/masteries

Edited: some words so that it made sense!
    Zeezoos said:

This site will tell you exactly what you’ll need to spend to unlock the masteries you need: https://auntm.ai/masteries

thank you! everyone has been super helpful

I was in the same boat, I ended up spending around 5k units and got to half suicides. Liked what I saw for my corvus, ghost and omega, but I cant justify the cost of 5k units to full unlock them. I hate having recoil and they gimp some champs I really enjoy using. Maybe one day Ill fully unlock them all, but I think ill focus on deep wounds and assassin next.

assassins may be the way to go for me too to be honest
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    If only talking about recoil,LC and DE the total cost comes out to be 4400 units for the cores(8 carb cores)...but u also gotta max out willpower and recovery masteries which cost more carb cores...when i went for unlocking suicides i already had recovery and willpower maxed out so i didnt account them into my calculations
    Them being worth it or not depends on the champs that u have...i for example have cmm,blade,aegon,omega and capiw as my 5/65 and all of them work well with suicides
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    Do you have the champions that benefit from them the most? Corvus, Ghost, OR, BWCV, AA, Namor, Warlock, Guilly 2099, and a few others Im not thinking of. If you don't have at least 3 of these at a high rank, and in some cases awakened and high sig, then I wouldn't bother with them unless you are strictly an avid arena grinder and don't play the other content at a high difficulty.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    @YungTyyler I unlocked mine fully without ever having bought them before and all the carbs were 5k units, that's also for only 1/3 recoil and i already had max willpower active - yes they are an investment you need properly analyse but as an arena grinder it is worth it
    Was curious because they seem game changing in terms of increased damage output. With me being a busy college student, its hard to find time to grind arena so i slack in that category for sure :D thanks everyone for your input! It's been super helpful
  • its almost 15k for full sucide mastery in offence and defence both
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    If you run a lot of arena, it's worth it.
    The time saved alone is invaluable
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,406 ★★★★
    I'm also at the point of looking into Suicides as my top 2 champs are 5/65 Ghost and Corvus so I'm looking to buff them further.

What I'm concerned about is the impact of my other champs who are not quite so Suicide friendly - whether due to the debuffs and/or Recoil - what are peoples' experiences with that? Do you just eat the health loss or are you essentially forced to use less Special 1 & 2?

I'm also at the point of looking into Suicides as my top 2 champs are 5/65 Ghost and Corvus so I'm looking to buff them further.

What I'm concerned about is the impact of my other champs who are not quite so Suicide friendly - whether due to the debuffs and/or Recoil - what are peoples' experiences with that? Do you just eat the health loss or are you essentially forced to use less Special 1 & 2?

From what I've seen, you essentially eat the damage from special attacks.. I think i've decided to not go with the suicides. They're super expensive
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 59
    If you want to progress further in the game I recommend you unlock suicides. Yes the unit cost is considerable but once you are setup it is amazing.

My suicide team is ghost, corvus, omega and warlock. For reference ghost initial hits are 10k. As mentioned you need all the suicides plus 3 willpower. Watch out for core offers.
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 59
    edited February 2020

It works this way.

You need 3 points in willpower. With 3 points you recover the same health as the poison damage. So poison immunity is irrelevant (just be careful of void!)

The bleed dmg is 12% per combat, very manageable. ofc it is better to be bleed immune. I dont think it is worth it to have coagulate.

Therefore the biggest drawback is recoil, 5% health lost per sp. You want to avoid sp1 at all costs so champs that use sp1 like void are not good . Ideally you will just do sp3. However it is ok to launch sp2 (as you wont throw them so often as sp1) . Also if you kill the enemy recoil does not apply.

The ideal suicide friendly champ has regen or relies in sp3 to avoid the recoil and is bleed immune.

Example of friendly champs

Corvus: you will recover health with the bleed debuff and only do sp2

ghost: suicides will give you 2 furies initially. you can do sp3 or sp2 (hood will avoid your dmg if you use him)

Omega Red: best. our initial dmg will be increased plus you regen thanks to the bleed debuff plus you do sp3 for further regen or sp2 for dmg

Warlock. You have a bit of regen on the sp3 or do sp2 for great dmg.

Claire voyant: bleed immune plus regen

In general you will use one of these friendly champs for most figths and use non friendly for specific fights. For instance you can bring your HT but only use him for a mystic combat

• -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I have not run suicides in years. I gave them a shot again this week since it's free to change them up. I think they're great for arena, but other than that it's not for me. Managing recoil is a nightmare. I just don't see the upside to running suicides, and I use Ghost and Corvus a lot!. Suicides ruin most other champs and I still use quite a few of my other champs. And quite a few champs need to spam a certain special to really be effective and this just isn't possible with suicides. I died fighting AQ Thanos yesterday from heal prevention. Normally an easy solo but someone had to clean up my scraps.

I know guys who have been using them for years and won't play without them, but I'm on the other side and won't play with them. Just think this through because it takes a lot of units to fully unlock them.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Take into account that you will also need to spend units whenever you need to take them off for defense for example.
    So if your ally won’t let you place with suicides you’re gonna spend around 300 units a week (depends on your other masteries) to turn them off and on again.
    I think I've decided for now to go with deep wounds instead! A little bit cheaper and it will benefit a lot of the champs I run at the moment. Thanks for the insight everyone! Suicides may be in my future depending on my crystal luck in the coming year
  • Mr_A_DogMr_A_Dog Posts: 29
    I figured it out once before. You would have to spend right around $350-$400 to fully open and build those masteries.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    If you plan to run suicides full time, and not be afraid to use all your champs, then max out recovery, willpower and coagulate. Also max out Glass Cannon as this will cause your willpower healing to equal your poison tick after the bleed finishes. Not maxing Glass Cannon will give you a deficit.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    I think the suicides are worth it. Until you have units and stones to unlock them, you can park your matery points into other ones.
This discussion has been closed.