**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The debate. Who’s the better cosmic?

Comments

• AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Captain Marvel(movie)
    By the way 6.1 is easy, sparkles is better in 6.2-.3
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Hyperion
    This is only a debate between Corvus and hype tbh. And I think hype has proven to be useful for more content imo. Both are great of course.
  • SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
    Hyperion
    @Ahitlaw maybe her value will go up, who knows? Also, cap marvel DOES need synergies. Without nick, you don’t get the uptime or the potency of her furies for her to be beyond god tier. Hype is more RNG dependent, but it rarely matters since you can just launch multiple heavies. Only fight cap marvel is the best for is 6.2 sinister. In 6.3, she sucks. Most champs there have armor break immunity and most of their damage comes off those with the energy damage. Hype destroys IMIW on 6.3 and havok, as well as being amazing for mysterio. Hyperion has been out for 4 YEARS now and still holds more value. He doesn’t need synergies and is not that RNG dependent. He’s very sustainable and has high damage. Cap marvel is amazing too, but I like hype better. These aren’t popularity votes lol. People who actually have hype at r4 or r5 should know. Do you even have a highly ranked hype?
    Hyperion
    Once again, I’m not trying to convince you Hyperion is the best. I believe he’s the best and if you have a differing opinion, that’s alright. However, you are simply pushing your opinion on others because you have a r5 Cap marvel. I have both at r5, so I’m unbiased and speaking off experience
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Venom

@Ahitlaw Hyperion was released in 2016, and still holds up as one of the best cosmic champs in the game after 4 years. I have both at rank 5, hype on my alt, and cap marvel on my main. Run her with nick and she destroys. However, I was single handedly able to power though most of act 6 chapter 1 with Hyperion destroying most fights. Calling Hyperion “rng dependant” is stupid, since he has a chance to gain 5 furies off his heavies and usually gains 2-3 off of one heavy. This is not a ramp up. Using a couple heavies are the start takes a couple seconds. His massive power gain keeps him going even at 1% through special intercepts, and his sp2 and sp1 spam melts opponents. His incinerates work great with despair (similar to cap marvels armor breaks) and melts opponents if you have a couple easy to ramp up furies. His sp2 can stun and armor break, allowing an easy chain on. His special 3 further grant him even more attack. His regeneration is also super underrated. If you get the opponent to about 5%, and then trigger the regeneration, he gains about 35% of his health back. I’ve ended fights where hype started at 10%, and 2 fights later was at 90%. His easy power gain and sustainability make him insane. Cap marvel is great too, but I’ve personally seen more use from Hyperion. Can’t speak for corvus. Stop forcing your opinion into others

I have spent a very long time playing Hyperion, but I have to disagree with you on some points.

1) his heavy fury isn't extremely easy or reliable

Hype's heavy is quite weirdly timed with the pause in it, so heavy counter isn't always reliable (unlike for ex. SW whose kicks are much harder to be intercepted). Also, he has a chance to gain 5 furies, but it is quite often that he gains 1 or none. So it isn't 100% reliable and on nodes such as limber, stun immune or so you can't afford wasting a heavy.

2) his powergain isn't only his benefit. Just a little bit of bad AI and you easily end up having to throw SP3.

Also, although I voted for Venom in this poll, I don't intend to compare him to Hype rn.
  • ProjectileProjectile Posts: 25
    Hyperion
    Lvernon15 said:

So much of how good a character is Is content based and while Corvus and CMM might have higher damage potential, Hype is able to tackle soooo more content, particularly some of the more tricky fights and instances where few other counters exist which the other two cannot do. I.E v2, v3 Kang, 6.2.2 Sinister, 6.2 champion last 10%

The others yes, but cmm is 100000x better than hype for 6.2.2 sinister and is one of, if not the only champ who can reasonably solo it without the heimdall synergy fury
    Warlock destroys that fight.
    Hyperion
    @Kerneas champs like cap marvel also rely on being able to stun. She needs it for binary and her special 2 burst. Hyperion can go pure special intercept on stun immune and limber (I use special 1 spam after special 3). Hyperion has been pretty reliable for me in general
    Captain Marvel(movie)

Lvernon15 said:

So much of how good a character is Is content based and while Corvus and CMM might have higher damage potential, Hype is able to tackle soooo more content, particularly some of the more tricky fights and instances where few other counters exist which the other two cannot do. I.E v2, v3 Kang, 6.2.2 Sinister, 6.2 champion last 10%

The others yes, but cmm is 100000x better than hype for 6.2.2 sinister and is one of, if not the only champ who can reasonably solo it without the heimdall synergy fury
    Warlock destroys that fight.
    Hey now that guy is my favorite champ! Lol
    Hyperion
    @Ahitlaw still waiting for your response telling me that Cap Marvel is the best in the world and blatantly ignore all the other information on the thread. You don’t even have a 5* hype do you?
  • Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209
    Hyperion
    Kerneas said:

@Ahitlaw Hyperion was released in 2016, and still holds up as one of the best cosmic champs in the game after 4 years. I have both at rank 5, hype on my alt, and cap marvel on my main. Run her with nick and she destroys. However, I was single handedly able to power though most of act 6 chapter 1 with Hyperion destroying most fights. Calling Hyperion “rng dependant” is stupid, since he has a chance to gain 5 furies off his heavies and usually gains 2-3 off of one heavy. This is not a ramp up. Using a couple heavies are the start takes a couple seconds. His massive power gain keeps him going even at 1% through special intercepts, and his sp2 and sp1 spam melts opponents. His incinerates work great with despair (similar to cap marvels armor breaks) and melts opponents if you have a couple easy to ramp up furies. His sp2 can stun and armor break, allowing an easy chain on. His special 3 further grant him even more attack. His regeneration is also super underrated. If you get the opponent to about 5%, and then trigger the regeneration, he gains about 35% of his health back. I’ve ended fights where hype started at 10%, and 2 fights later was at 90%. His easy power gain and sustainability make him insane. Cap marvel is great too, but I’ve personally seen more use from Hyperion. Can’t speak for corvus. Stop forcing your opinion into others

I have spent a very long time playing Hyperion, but I have to disagree with you on some points.

1) his heavy fury isn't extremely easy or reliable

Hype's heavy is quite weirdly timed with the pause in it, so heavy counter isn't always reliable (unlike for ex. SW whose kicks are much harder to be intercepted). Also, he has a chance to gain 5 furies, but it is quite often that he gains 1 or none. So it isn't 100% reliable and on nodes such as limber, stun immune or so you can't afford wasting a heavy.

2) his powergain isn't only his benefit. Just a little bit of bad AI and you easily end up having to throw SP3.

Also, although I voted for Venom in this poll, I don't intend to compare him to Hype rn.
    Hypes pause got removed btw
    Captain Marvel(movie)

@Ahitlaw still waiting for your response telling me that Cap Marvel is the best in the world and blatantly ignore all the other information on the thread. You don’t even have a 5* hype do you?

Yes I have a 5* awakened hype... i honestly stopped paying attention to this thread, and Sparkles isn’t the best. She’s just the best cosmic, give it time her value will skyrocket.
    Hyperion
    @Ahitlaw last time I checked, this poll was asking for the best cosmic now. I’m not a psychic predicting that cap marvel will somehow be better in a year
    Hyperion
    There is a strategy I use with hype to get furies on stun immune as well. If you launch a heavy after an l1 while the opponent has under a bar you can reliably land the heavy.
    Hyperion
    You can’t even say that she’s the best cosmic without having the others at a high rank. I can easily tell you don’t have hype at r4 or higher. Probably don’t have a Corvus either
    Captain Marvel(movie)

@Kerneas champs like cap marvel also rely on being able to stun. She needs it for binary and her special 2 burst. Hyperion can go pure special intercept on stun immune and limber (I use special 1 spam after special 3). Hyperion has been pretty reliable for me in general

Seeing this was annoying though, she relies on heavies on maintaining binary. She never relies on stun to gain charges 🤦‍♂️ didn’t really wanna acknowledge someone who doesn’t understand the difference between a parry, and a stun. People arguing Hypes better doesn’t even fully understand Sparkles 🤦‍♂️ did you know you can get 4 charges at a time fighting imiw? Then counter stun him? Best counter to imiw in AW especially at higher tiers where everyone has one on a certain node(I forget forgive me) Legit Nick fury, sparkles, quake is one of the best attack teams.
    Prove
    Me
    Wrong.
    Til then I’m done with this post.
    Hyperion
    Like I said before, I respect your opinion on this. However, ignoring other people who don’t agree with you and not having the champ at a rank high enough to judge them instantly destroys your argument. R5 hype then come and talk
    edited February 2020
    Captain Marvel(movie)
    @xNig why are you being silent here, I expected full on flaming from you at this point lol. Btw least I’m off the ducks nuts haha
    Hyperion
    I know how cap marvel works...I have her at r5. She needs stun to MAINTAIN binary. You still can’t stun with the heavy “armor pulverized” if there is stun immunity. She gains mass charges ONlY against energy based attacks. You can also heavy counter with hype pretty easily. You act all high and mighty while being so closed minded
    Hyperion
    Ahitlaw said:

Seeing this was annoying though, she relies on heavies on maintaining binary. She never relies on stun to gain charges 🤦‍♂️ didn’t really wanna acknowledge someone who doesn’t understand the difference between a parry, and a stun. People arguing Hypes better doesn’t even fully understand Sparkles 🤦‍♂️ did you know you can get 4 charges at a time fighting imiw? Then counter stun him? Best counter to imiw in AW especially at higher tiers where everyone has one on a certain node(I forget forgive me) Legit Nick fury, sparkles, quake is one of the best attack teams.
    Prove
    Me
    Wrong.
    If you can't stun you don't get your l2 opening and you can't get the stun from heavy counter either meaning the only way to sustain your charges would be 3 at a time off a heavy counter.
    edited February 2020
    Captain Marvel(movie)

There is a strategy I use with hype to get furies on stun immune as well. If you launch a heavy after an l1 while the opponent has under a bar you can reliably land the heavy.

I use this as well Popo! Lol, I use my hype all the time too. And my Medusa and VTD. I am very qualified to have a strong opinion on sparkles being the better cosmic. I love all of them. But sparkles is just that good
    Captain Marvel(movie)

Ahitlaw said:

Prove
    Me
    Wrong.
    If you can't stun you don't get your l2 opening and you can't get the stun from heavy counter either meaning the only way to sustain your charges would be 3 at a time off a heavy counter.
    Easy to land a L2. Just intercept or counter a heavy 🤷‍♂️ she melts stun immune easy. Now debuff immune it’s harder with her due to no armor breaks but she still handles those fights too.
    Hyperion
    Playing cap marvel on stun immune is pretty impractical since it’s much harder to maintain any binary charges and keep up the burst she’s well known for. Her sp2 stun burst makes her great. She has no additional use off the special 1 like hype does with the incinerates
    Captain Marvel(movie)
    Now a 5/65 Thing warboss..ehhh I’ll leave that to nick fury lol
    Hyperion
    Yeah she handles debuff immune at a snails pace. She has no incinerate mechanic or insane power gain to constantly special intercept
    Captain Marvel(movie)

Playing cap marvel on stun immune is pretty impractical since it’s much harder to maintain any binary charges and keep up the burst she’s well known for. Her sp2 stun burst makes her great. She has no additional use off the special 1 like hype does with the incinerates

I can agree hypes sp1 is more useful than sparkles. Legit that’s it.
    Captain Marvel(movie)

Yeah she handles debuff immune at a snails pace. She has no incinerate mechanic or insane power gain to constantly special intercept

There are other ways of fighting than interrupting with a special. That’s just lazy get good.
    Hyperion
    @Ahitlaw I swear you’re like 9. I’ve already said I FULLY understand how Cap sparkles works. I know how hype works too. Hyperion has served me a little better l, though both are beasts. You get it now? Or are you still going to try and force your opinion on me.