**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam missed the mark on Carnage

Honestly his rework feels very lazy. It's just an improved version of how he used to play. I'm surprised nobody has discussed how many abilities they missed on him. First of all, carnage has an insanely powerful healing factor, preventing him from death even from the most brutal injuries. Secondly, Spiderman cannot use spidey sense Carnage so he should've had some sort of true strike or evade counter. Lastly, he should be bleed immune as can manipulate the matter of his body. I don't understand why he didn't get these abilities.

Comments

• JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Honestly, his rework is still pretty good but yeah, I do agree that he should have a crazy healing factor too. That be said, he's the 2nd best bleeder in the game imo after nick fury.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    Your argument is based on another character, from another universe, which was the inspiration for the Carnage we have in the game. That's why is wrong. The one we have in the game doesn't have such abilities, and doesn't "need" to have.

He is a really nice champion, and the rework made him much more powerful than he previously was.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    The goal of reworks isn't really to make them everyone's top pick. It's to improve them from what they're like.
    edited February 2020
    Sometimes. Sometimes they're not. Depending on how complex the Champion is, altering too much can take them too far from their original state and goals.

Sometimes. Sometimes they're not. Depending on how complex the Champion is, altering too much can take them too far from their original state and goals.

Reworks are meant to take champs to a new state with a brand new playstyle or set of abilities. Every rework so far has altered how a champ was played aside from red hulk who also got number increases.
    Not as much as you seem to think, apparently. There have been a few changes that never even involved mind-blowing alterations. Gamora being one of them. That's not a norm. That's just what they chose to do with some Champs when design and time allowed them to.
    Well, you're certainly entitled to feel that way, but I'm afraid that's just how you feel.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    Carnage isn't Venom, and Venom isn't Carnage. One does not need to be the same as the other, and both have different abilities. Again, you are creating arguments based on something else that isn't the game itself.

Carnage just didn't needed that much for a rework. His stats got increased, some abilities changed, others were added. And that's pretty much a rework by itself, not different from other reworks
    The game isn't completely based on Comics. Partly, but they have their own internal order and balancing.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

The game isn't completely based on Comics. Partly, but they have their own internal order and balancing.

Then why didn't they give carnage a form of healing? He must rapidly throw his special attacks and that makes him by far the weakest champ to use with suicides (without using potions). He has a healing factor which is canonically strong but they failed to implement that yet it makes sense to his playstyle for him to have a heal.
    Its kabam's version of the character. There are a lot of posts about characters not living up to how the comics describe them. You mentioned sentry who is a prime example of a character they improved who is still a joke with his horrible damage output.
    You also argue that carnage isn't suicides friendly. That covers a lot of champs in the game. Void is a great champ but to get the most from him you need to continuously throw special 1 and that destroys him with suicides. Suicides are so named because they force you to use a playstyle that can kill you.
    Carnage is a lot better after the rework and has his uses in the game. For every venom and colossus rework you will get a couple of juggernaut and rhinos. If I was going to get upset about a champ not living up to their comic book character I'd start with rhino juggs and sentry who all have the strength of an infant.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Have you met deadpool xforce
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,973 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020

An improved version of how he used to play was the goal.

Sentry is also improved from how he used to play however he was never reworked. Kabam considered this a "rework" for carnage. Rework means new abilities and carnage really only got one ability and a few number tweaks.
    You're comparing comic book abilities to the versions of characters that are in game. You can't do that. If that were the case, Sentry could kill everyone because in the comics, he's one of the most powerful there is. Jean Grey as Phoenix could telepathically kill everyone by just a thought.

Carnage is above and beyond better than what he was when he was released.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    I just duped the 5* version, and he’s ok. In the end, he’s really just there to make Venom better with synergies.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Hes a fun champ to play and certainly isn’t bad, wish he had at least a little utility but I can’t complain tbh
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,973 ★★★★★

Sentry is also improved from how he used to play however he was never reworked. Kabam considered this a "rework" for carnage. Rework means new abilities and carnage really only got one ability and a few number tweaks.
    You're comparing comic book abilities to the versions of characters that are in game. You can't do that. If that were the case, Sentry could kill everyone because in the comics, he's one of the most powerful there is. Jean Grey as Phoenix could telepathically kill everyone by just a thought.

You can't tell me what to do. This isn't your forum. I have every right to compare and contrast comic book abilities with in game abilities for a comic book inspired mobile game.
    Then you'll always be disappointed. They can't realistically make every champ like they are in the comics because some of them would never be able to be knocked out. Silver Surfer could end the game and send everyone through a black hole.
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195

You can't tell me what to do. This isn't your forum. I have every right to compare and contrast comic book abilities with in game abilities for a comic book inspired mobile game.
    Making your opinion quite moot.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    What? You're being too nice. Kabam missed the mark on at least 80% of all MCOC champs to be anywhere close to being 1% useful. At least Carnage can bleed. What about Hulkbuster? Should have been called Dustbuster because dust is probably all he's ever gonna bust.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★

Your argument is based on another character, from another universe, which was the inspiration for the Carnage we have in the game. That's why is wrong. The one we have in the game doesn't have such abilities, and doesn't "need" to have.

He is a really nice champion, and the rework made him much more powerful than he previously was.

If his rework was nice I'm sure we'd see a lot more 5/65 carnages. He isn't sustainable and practical to use. I'm saying Kabam could've used a little more "inspiration" As far as champ abilities go, Kabam tends to be as comic book accurate as possible.
    most of these champs are not comic book accurate
    They're not supposed to be true to the Comics 100%. It's impossible with this game's own internal mechanics.