**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Real problem with new players leaving

As most have seen in Kabams Q&A video with the big Dork, Kabam is worried about too much gold/resources for new players as a risk in them not playing the early content. They would then get bored and leave. However I have had 4 friends and my son (all playing around 1yr) recently quit all for the same reason, bad pulls. As an example, my sons last 6 5* pulls have been KG, Groot, Red Skull, Miles, Gambit and IP. My friends quit because of bad 6* pulls (DPX, Miles, DPX, Groot). Now I get not all pulls should be Ghost, Doom, Dom, NF, etc, but bad pulls on your rare to get crystals is demoralizing. This is nothing new and most people that play this game have muscles through that struggle, but I have known more people to quit over that than anything else in my 5+ years in the game.

This is not advocating for all champs being similar in level, but there are too many garbage champs that have no place in the game. This is especially true for 6* pool (I have DPX, CW duped).

It just sucked seeing my son quit as that is what kept me in the game after retiring from my Masters alliance.

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I don't think I would suggest MCOC as a good family activity for this exact reason
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Sorry to hear that your son's quitting the game. Can't blame him if his luck is THAT bad. It's not like 6*s come in droves. I have 23 6*s of which only 2 I actually use, 6 are okay for defense, the other 15 are utter trash.

It's too late to address the garbage champs in the 5* pool now but it's not yet too late not to get the 6* pool in the same state as the 5* pool. Kabam should just stop adding garbage champs in the 6* pool since obviously they can no longer take out the existing garbage.

If 6*s are the future then isn't it safe to assume that only the elite few whalers have a future in this game? Those who drop thousands of dollars a month are the ones who have a bright future, the rest of us are gonna be stranded in the dark with the odds stacked against us.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    If what is expected happens, the next crop of champs being introduced as 6* are all garbage with maybe the exception of starlord who needs dupe. The crystal will be even worse than it is now. Not sure I understand their method here. They have plenty of good champs they can put in the crystal but they are opting towards adding champs no one wants
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    The problem is not with the pulls or the champ pool, the problem is the expectation that 6s are in any way game changers for folks, because they aren't. Just like 5*s, there's only like 20% that are usable in most content, the rest are benchwarmers. The game has not gotten to the point where 6*s are dominant. The majority of the game is still all about getting the right 5* champs, which is difficult. If you don't have the patience, you won't succeed. This isn't kabams problem and it would suck if every champ was at the same level. This game isn't for everyone.

For the record, I've been playing for 4.5 years and have been f2p 100%. I understand the need for patience in this game. I still can't pull older champs like medusa or sentinel.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

The problem is not with the pulls or the champ pool, the problem is the expectation that 6s are in any way game changers for folks, because they aren't. Just like 5*s, there's only like 20% that are usable in most content, the rest are benchwarmers. The game has not gotten to the point where 6*s are dominant. The majority of the game is still all about getting the right 5* champs, which is difficult. If you don't have the patience, you won't succeed. This isn't kabams problem and it would suck if every champ was at the same level. This game isn't for everyone.

For the record, I've been playing for 4.5 years and have been f2p 100%. I understand the need for patience in this game. I still can't pull older champs like medusa or sentinel.

This.

Just bc something takes a long time to get in this game doesn't mean it will or even should be great. That's just how games with this much RNG work unfortunately. Older players went through the same exact thing when 5*s were new and took months to form.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,391 ★★★★★
    I keep seeing SL gonna be in next feature where is this info coming from
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★

This.

Just bc something takes a long time to get in this game doesn't mean it will or even should be great. That's just how games with this much RNG work unfortunately. Older players went through the same exact thing when 5*s were new and took months to form.
    Same with equaling how difficult something is to do to what pulls you get. Like if the harder content should only give you beyond god tier champion oulls.
  • JagtittarJagtittar Posts: 18
    I think the main issue with the game is the time that is required to develop your account. Exploring a quest grinding in arena completing an event takes so much time. You find yourself playing the game for hours just to get a crystal which usually ends up giving a terrible reward. It is impossible to enjoy the game as a new player.

Even if a player gets lucky and pulls a beyond god tier champion he/she'll lack resources. Isos cats or golds one of them will be missing for long time and the game will force you to explore all the missions you did before. Imagine getting bored as hell just to earn a small reward and that reward forces you to get bored x6 times you got before. That is exactly what is happening to a new player.

Sometimes I get bored and play 2-3 matches and I leave, I can't imagine playing this game more than 2-3hours every day.
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    edited February 2020
    Well am sure this problem can be addressed if Kabam allows a trade in window. Say once a week a champion of one class can be traded for the desirable champion of same class that is say ur son pulled a 5* groot, now kabam allows for that week to trade cosmic champions of 5* in nexus styled crystals having all three champion of 5* rank only n not 3*/4* as Ur trading ur 5* only. that way ppl who wants to get rid of a garbage champ can dispose off their weak champ without having the risk that if someone hacks u, he can sale off all ur 5*.so its a win win for both Kabam n us as Kabam can stop ppl quiting the game n players can have a chance to try their luck once more through the trade in option.