**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Kabam missed the mark on Carnage

2»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

They're not supposed to be true to the Comics 100%. It's impossible with this game's own internal mechanics.

Champs ARE supposed to be true to the comics. Kabam just finds a way to integrate balance into them. It's entirely possible.
    How can you justify a Black Widow taking down a Hulk if that's the case? How can anyone take down Jean Grey? It's not possible to be true to the Comics when this game has its own environment.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★

They're not supposed to be true to the Comics 100%. It's impossible with this game's own internal mechanics.

Champs ARE supposed to be true to the comics. Kabam just finds a way to integrate balance into them. It's entirely possible.
    No they can't. They're imagery is comic book like but they can't exactly put every ability and power type in this game. Sentrys comic abilities are here- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentry_(Robert_Reynolds) he can teleport, turn invisible and has complete invulnerability. His list of abilities, if applied, would break the game.
  • InxInx Posts: 115
    I agree to a degree, but I think overall they did a pretty good job. Id say they hit about 75% of his max potential.

My only complaint is that they didn't give him the ability to stack armor breaks. The added utility of countering bleed immune regeneration nodes/champs, imo, would of really gone a long way into making him way more useful. I think its also a shame they didn't give him the anti bot armor shatter mechanic medusa and aarkus have, but leading into my next point its obvious why.

I agree with the points made the he should of been anti evade for all spider verse champ, but thats obviously just standard kabam politcs by now. At the time of the rework release I don't think there were many anti evade champs so kabam I imagine was hesitant to over flood the game with them. Being that theyre that stingy to begin with about such a niche anti evade mechanic against spideys, there was no way they were ever going to give him any sort of regen realistically. Which is a shame because this mentality kabam has when it comes to designing champs is so shortsighted in that the champs they rework run the risk of eventually falling behind like carnage has. With today and tomorrows champs, carnage having regen or anti evade or especially anti bot abilities is hardly a big deal. Id hope that theyd rebalance him in the future just to flesh him out a bit more, to keep him relevant and up to date before he becomes one those obsolete archaic and bland vanilla champs from when they 1st launched the game.

Kudos to kabam for giving him an unblockable mechanic on his specials, it really captures his savage, relentless and unstoppable character perfectly.
  • InxInx Posts: 115

No they can't. They're imagery is comic book like but they can't exactly put every ability and power type in this game. Sentrys comic abilities are here- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentry_(Robert_Reynolds) he can teleport, turn invisible and has complete invulnerability. His list of abilities, if applied, would break the game.
    Your opinion if it would break the game or not but they could've definitely found a way to make it work. Kabam didn't even try with Sentry, Surfer, and Carnage and whoever designed them honestly should be fired.
    Id say the problem is that they tried too hard with sentry and surfer, same for nova and IW, that they over designed them making them completely unpractical. The mechanics they have, in conception, are pretty cool, they just got too much in their head and got way too idealistic to seem to have noticed how impractical they would be in game. Too much bark and not enough bite.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    His rework did him justice. I like the new version and helps a lot to have
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020

Your opinion if it would break the game or not but they could've definitely found a way to make it work. Kabam didn't even try with Sentry, Surfer, and Carnage and whoever designed them honestly should be fired.
    Tell me how they could have made Sentry work with his 30 abilities he has in the comics work in game without making him the only champion that couldn't ever be beat. Here's his abilities.

Molecular Manipulation: all of his powers are based on this
    Superhuman strength, speed and stamina
    Regenerative healing factor
    Light manipulation/Darkness manipulation
    Complete Invulnerability
    Psionic powers
    Flight
    Enhanced senses
    Matter manipulation
    Energy absorption/projection
    Immortality
    Teleportation
    Telepathy
    Astral Projection
    Weather manipulation
    Invisibility
    Mind/thoughts projection
    Shape-shifting
    Super durability
    Mind control resistance
    Reality Warping
    Power bestowal
    Resurrection
    Life creation
    Soul manipulation
    Death touch
    Attack/energy reflection
    Aura detection
    Empathy/emotion manipulation
    Intellect
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

His rework did him justice. I like the new version and helps a lot to have

His rework absolutely did not do him justice. Either you're just plain ignorant or haven't read the source material. I'm not trying to bash you for you opinion if you like the champ but he is not practically useable in endgame contents. There is so much more they could've done with him utility wise.
    The goal of reworks isn't necessarily to make them viable in End-Game. While it's one of the areas they look at, it isn't automatically the end goal. The gist of it is improvement. Some reworks become good selections for End-Game, some just end up better than they were. That also depends on the content you're looking at. He's better than he was before they buffed him, regardless if that meets your expectations or not.
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    Carnage is a great champ. He has big bleed damage and he can be fun to play with his unblockable specials. Yeah he doesn’t have as much utility as venom and he doesn’t have as many abilities as his comic counterpart but not every champ can be.

If you follow the comics, especially recently, carnage became ridiculously powerful. I’m hoping if Knull comes to the game, carnage could get a crazy synergy