**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How would u describe Mcoc game to your friends, would you recommend it ?

I am free to play player , my rating is over 1.2 min I play this game for more then 3 years , i have 100% everything exept AOL , and I had to say I kind of regret starting playing it, I almost lost my relationship because of it , I putted so many hours into this game I can’t imagine, I Like it but the same time I hate it , well i definitely not suggesting to anyone , its time consuming, and if U don’t spend u always fall behind , wondering how many of you would recommend this game to his friends, how u describe this game to them?

Comments

• Ronny_Ronny_ Posts: 66
    Nah
  • Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    Neotwism said:

I've never understood ppl who say if u don't spend u fall behind. The only one u play against in this game is yourself. U can decide for yourself how far u want to progress and at what rate u grow your account. It makes no difference to me what someone else may pull from their crystals. All I can control is the champs I have and doing the best I can with the cards I've been dealt. There is no falling behind involved. A person may wish they had more time to clear more content or something but that doesn't mean u fall behind.

I was in top 50 alliance, at one point I was the one with the lowest prestige, I had the champs ranked up but I didn’t have sign stones for them by the time I maxed out one champ 5 champs better prestige came up , while all my other members were dropping hundreds of dollars to buy all this Kabam offers I had to collect just playing, I haven’t missed an event or side quest since I playing, but guess what u don’t get enough sig stones for that, so I had to leave cause my prestige was 10.1 while everyone was above 10.5. , this means u fall behind I had to move to lower ally for less rewards

• -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    My friends see me play a lot. I've explained to them that to get to a competitive level 5 years in that they would have to grind and spend like mad to get to where I'm at. None of my friends play. If I would see one start I would take their phone and smash it
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Being someone who believes in accountability, I blame myself for all the time and money used on this game. It is fun if u can control urself and remind urself it's only a game. Once u lose focus of that, then things get messy. Also, remember that while it's nice to get the new and powerful heroes right away, u need to ask urself is it really worth it. Anyways, I dont play as much as I used to and definitely spend less. But I would only recommend it to someone with self-control.
  • I tell them it is a hero fighting game and is usually recommend it.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Between the lagg, the gambling, the crashes and the usual screw-ups, I still believe it is an enjoyable game that I would recommend to Marvel fans.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★

Neotwism said:

I've never understood ppl who say if u don't spend u fall behind. The only one u play against in this game is yourself. U can decide for yourself how far u want to progress and at what rate u grow your account. It makes no difference to me what someone else may pull from their crystals. All I can control is the champs I have and doing the best I can with the cards I've been dealt. There is no falling behind involved. A person may wish they had more time to clear more content or something but that doesn't mean u fall behind.

I was in top 50 alliance, at one point I was the one with the lowest prestige, I had the champs ranked up but I didn’t have sign stones for them by the time I maxed out one champ 5 champs better prestige came up , while all my other members were dropping hundreds of dollars to buy all this Kabam offers I had to collect just playing, I haven’t missed an event or side quest since I playing, but guess what u don’t get enough sig stones for that, so I had to leave cause my prestige was 10.1 while everyone was above 10.5. , this means u fall behind I had to move to lower ally for less rewards

Moving to an alliance that suits your playstyle isn't falling behind. When u were in the previous alliance you were trying to play above your level. Spenders do have an advantage as they should in this game. That does mean they will get champs and some resources faster than others. In at least 75% of the game modes you only play against the computer. The only way to fall behind is in your own mind thinking you need to be at a certain level because someone else is playing at that level.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Neotwism said:

Its true if you play competitively which a lot of people do. When others pull better champs it means they have higher prestige so they knock you down in ranks or they have better champs in AW which can also knock you down or for legends run or arena or etc. People forget that this game can be played competitively as well.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

Neotwism said:

Moving to an alliance that suits your playstyle isn't falling behind. When u were in the previous alliance you were trying to play above your level. Spenders do have an advantage as they should in this game. That does mean they will get champs and some resources faster than others. In at least 75% of the game modes you only play against the computer. The only way to fall behind is in your own mind thinking you need to be at a certain level because someone else is playing at that level.
    This isn’t a completely fair statement. I personally could play the top tier in both AQ and AW. However, I don’t play at that level because prestige is lower due to lack of sig stones. I’m not playing at the level I am because it’s “my level of play” I play here because certain aspects of the game are roadblocks for F2P. Prestige is one of those roadblocks. My point is, where you play at, and where you could play at are two different things.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    I would recommend it along with the appropriate warnings.
    Try not to let it become all consuming and find the right balance.
    Map 4 AQ and Plat 3 AW keeps it just about manageable for me, although I still find myself logging in at times through duty rather than choice.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Neotwism said:

Neotwism said:

This isn’t a completely fair statement. I personally could play the top tier in both AQ and AW. However, I don’t play at that level because prestige is lower due to lack of sig stones. I’m not playing at the level I am because it’s “my level of play” I play here because certain aspects of the game are roadblocks for F2P. Prestige is one of those roadblocks. My point is, where you play at, and where you could play at are two different things.
    I look at it differently. Sig stones are a resource just like any other. If u don't have the resources then u can't play at that level. For you, that resource is sig stones. So you are currently playing at your level until u can acquire the resources to move higher. It's just like me saying I could take on 6.2 right now but I can't because I am lacking the resource needed. That resource is a counter to the Champion. My current level of play is 6.1. Once I get the right resource I can move up. That's how I look at it at least.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Neotwism said:

Werewrym said:

Neotwism said:

Neotwism said:

I look at it differently. Sig stones are a resource just like any other. If u don't have the resources then u can't play at that level. For you, that resource is sig stones. So you are currently playing at your level until u can acquire the resources to move higher. It's just like me saying I could take on 6.2 right now but I can't because I am lacking the resource needed. That resource is a counter to the Champion. My current level of play is 6.1. Once I get the right resource I can move up. That's how I look at it at least.
    You are missing the entire point, comparing competitive gamemodes to static content isnt ideal since you can fall behind in one and not the other. Obtaining sig stones is extremely difficult without buying offers so you WILL fall behind in prestige and prestige is heavily linked to how good of an alliance you can be in which is also important to game progression and enjoyment.
  • Skittles09Skittles09 Posts: 6
    No I wouldnt, I dont like the gambling aspect and the greed of Kabam. I'm already sucked in and it's too late for me but I wouldnt wish it on anyone else.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I might consider recommending the app: Abu Moo ..
    it's got a hefty initial fee: $2400 ... however, over the long run, it'll probably cost you less than MCoC .. :pensive:

:wink:
    hehe
  • Neotwism said:

Werewrym said:

Neotwism said:

Neotwism said:

You are missing the entire point, comparing competitive gamemodes to static content isnt ideal since you can fall behind in one and not the other. Obtaining sig stones is extremely difficult without buying offers so you WILL fall behind in prestige and prestige is heavily linked to how good of an alliance you can be in which is also important to game progression and enjoyment.
    People have been telling me versions of this story for almost twenty years now, in every MMO I've ever played. It has never been true. Your enjoyment of the game is 100% based on your own goals. That doesn't mean you can't have goals or you can't be competitive, but you have to be able to calibrate your goals to your situation. People think this is ridiculously binary: either you compete against the highest players in the game, or you're completely casual driftwood. Nobody plays pick-up basketball and quits because they can't "keep up" with NBA players. They don't quit jogging because they can't keep up with Usain Bolt.

Twice I've had my alliance split and reform because some players wanted to push higher and some couldn't do it, and both times I've chosen to stick with the people who wanted to play more chill. Has it hurt my progression? It depends on whether you think I'm supposed to be competing with the top players in the game. I care about progression, enough to push *myself* to continue to progress in the game. But I care about enjoying the game more, which is why I pace myself through the content, I don't generally spend past content just for rewards, and I don't think of alliances in terms of how much rewards they can get me. I'm Cavalier, I have a 10k prestige, and I'm still enjoying the game. Who exactly am I falling behind that I should care about?

I've been there and done that before, more than once. I know what it is like to push yourself to get to the very top of the game, or the top of your server shard, or whatever. There's nothing there, there. If you can't enjoy the game unless you're pursuing your way to the very top, you're not going to be enjoying it if and when you get there either.

No game lasts forever. Are you going to be one of those people that works themselves to death, pursuing every raise and promotion until one day you slump over your desk dead. Or are you going to be someone that finds a job and a career they enjoy, where they make enough money to pay the bills and support their family, and one day retire and enjoy the fruits of their labor with family and friends? Outside of the super-casual players, this game asks all dedicated players the same question. And you have to decide which path you're going to take through the game.
  • ShrikeTzuShrikeTzu Posts: 40
    I call it mortal kombat pokemon
  • CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    edited February 2020
    Like buying a used car without the title from a carny in a dark alleyway while a politician whispers sweet nothings in your ear. Prepare to lose all your money on something you don’t need.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Neotwism said:

I think a lot of people who say that are referring to alliances. It can be very tough for a f2p player to keep up with those in an alliance that spend. Sure they can always find another alliance that suits their level, but that’s kind of frustrating and sad. Our alliance caters to both, it’s so fun to see the f2p players progress!
    Im in a P1 map 5 alliance (high skill (war) but not so time consuming) and almost F2P aside from that daliy unit card + almost no arena grind.

There is no rush imo. I guess if your prior is AQ you need to look out for prestige but just join an alliance that suits your needs.

I dont get the "keep up with those who spend" idea. Keep up with what? Donations? Prestige? If you cant donate then you shouldnt be there and prestige is build over a long time anyway.

The most important skill in this game is skill. Become a good player and every alliance wants to keep you. You can go for the "top" without much spending. All you need is a good understanding about the game and high skill. And if you dont have that you can get it over time (if you want to). There are so many guides and ppl that offer help to anyone who asks.