**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ Only and No AW Lifestyle

HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
Wanted to get the opinion of people who don't do wars and focus on high AQ maps for their progression. Is the supposedly 'healthier' or more relaxed lifestyle worth quitting war season and missing out on season rewards?

Please let me know. I'm looking at taking maybe a couple of seasons off to try it out.

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Hieitaku said:

Wanted to get the opinion of people who don't do wars and focus on high AQ maps for their progression. Is the supposedly 'healthier' or more relaxed lifestyle worth quitting war season and missing out on season rewards?

Please let me know. I'm looking at taking maybe a couple of seasons off to try it out.

Depends on how strong of an AQ alliance you can actually get in. We're top 5 AQ and still do wars but dont take them seriously (finished around the top of G1 last season).

If you can get into a map 7 AQ alliance then you can stack up stuff like t5b pretty quickly if you aren't using items in war. Between rank, modifier, and milestone rewards plus your glory you can really start to get some rank up mats quickly. All gonna depend on your account prestige though
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    The more I think about it, the more I want to try it out. I seriously think I'll be more satisfied with avoiding AW altogether. 🤔
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    I only do AQ in my alliance. We run a ² battle group AW, but I don't participate.

I had my own alliance, and use to war heavy, but it got tiring as hell. My life has been so much better retiring from AW. I do AQ weekly, and can focus on other content.

🙌🏿😌💕
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    For those that don't do war, how do you maintain your loyalty with the high cost for map 6/7? Or do you just get away with like double BC and another guy does double Loyalty
    Patchie93 said:

For those that don't do war, how do you maintain your loyalty with the high cost for map 6/7? Or do you just get away with like double BC and another guy does double Loyalty

You can still participate in war for shards and loyalty, just stop caring about winning. Start taking 3 paths up to the boss and be done with it in a few hours and dont care who wins
    edited February 2020
    How do the rewards compare? Like in a 45-day cycle, how many t5bc/t2ac/glory does an AQ 55555 team earn? Also, what's the reasonable prestige to maintain per member for 5x5?
    Hieitaku said:

How do the rewards compare? Like in a 45-day cycle, how many t5bc/t2ac/glory does an AQ 55555 team earn? Also, what's the reasonable prestige to maintain per member for 5x5?

Map 5 isn't going to get you particularly far these days. No idea where the typical map 5 alliance places these days as far as rank
  • FilmsauceFilmsauce Posts: 82
    edited February 2020

Here’s where my map 5 only alli rank looks like
    edited March 2020
    Removed reply and moved to recruitment page
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    Haven't played AW regularly for a couple of years now. Only doing map 4 in a high prestige alliance. Quality of life has definitely improved while I'm still progressing at a decent enough rate. AQ has improved so much over the years and the rewards received for the minimal effort needed is definitely a positive.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    You could just do boss rushes, not much stress or time investment if you just crush one section and bosses. The season rewards are still a nice haul if you just find a comfortable range and try to be a little bit organized with it.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    INTEGRAL said:

My alliance do wars and ranked #3 last season. My opinion is AW rewards are extremely stupid. The higher you rank the worse rewards you get. Really? Plat 2 alliances got better rewards than us.

All of this.