**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is there a possibility that we re-rebalance Ebony Maw?

MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
Utility wise he is not a bad champion, you did indeed make him quicker in what he does. However when he does his ULTRA damage it feels like a noodle slapping your face.

Comments

• psp742psp742 Posts: 2,247 ★★★★
    Improve upon the power siphon ability based on signature level (sig0 flat 15% power siphon, scales sig200 100% power siphon) with his heavy, sp1 or sp2 can enervate opponents power gain, with cool down of 3sec.. ultimate power control and denial.
  • ShrikeTzuShrikeTzu Posts: 40
    edited February 2020
    I was thinking if they just made the Power Steal into a Burn as well, like vision AOU sort of... it wouldn't make him OP on defense and would make him do some decent damage which is what he lacks.

He is interesting to play... you just have to get ready to play perfectly for a LONG time to do any fights of difficulty with him.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Wait Wait Wait...
    After the rebalence just came out a month ago, you already want another buff??!! You do know that this will just push the hulkbuster rework back right??
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Wait Wait Wait...
    After the rebalence just came out a month ago, you already want another buff??!! You do know that this will just push the hulkbuster rework back right??

After 4 1/2 Years of him being in the game, dozens of rebalance suggestions in the forums, 6 months of work focused on him you'd expect they have it all down by now.
    Making suggestions doesn't automatically mean they're workable. They only decided to buff him recently because we voted on it, and they've had other things on their plate. All buffs were put on hold for a time because WE reacted to Cull being worked on and wanted more information. There are gaps in your synopsis.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Wait Wait Wait...

After 4 1/2 Years of him being in the game, dozens of rebalance suggestions in the forums, 6 months of work focused on him you'd expect they have it all down by now.
    Making suggestions doesn't automatically mean they're workable. They only decided to buff him recently because we voted on it, and they've had other things on their plate. All buffs were put on hold for a time because WE reacted to Cull being worked on and wanted more information. There are gaps in your synopsis.
    The Community is filled with creative minds. What you're saying is that Kabam should ignore them. If that's the case then the thread should be removed.
    Would you care to outline how I said that? I said not all suggestions are workable. Meaning, just because creative minds came up with creative ideas, doesn't mean they can all be implemented. People are always encouraged to share ideas. They can't all be used. For that matter, you're assuming they haven't buffed him because they don't have ideas. I'm sure they do. Community-given or not. There's more to the process than just having an idea.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,247 ★★★★
    edited February 2020
    Power burn cause damage to opponent, while my idea is more of power denial, like steal opponents power, enervate them, as well as give opponent degen debuff for each buff nullified.. so for opponents with many buffs, example is Venom, Nova, the buffs are removed and each buff = 1 degen.. so for venom 8 buffs; it becomes 8 degens.. that will add up indirect damage.
  • Shabb710Shabb710 Posts: 19
    #REBUFF EBONY MAW (he's still in noodle tier). His animations are really great, it would be nice if he was actually useful damage wise. Maybe gain stronger degens and damage with increasing persistent charges?
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,609 ★★★★★
    After hearing about hulk busters from kabam during Dave's interview am not excited about him. I don't want another annoying defender to fight I want hulkbuster to get at least the colossus treatment. I don't want "fear the maw" treatment.
  • pigupompompigupompom Posts: 110
    he’s one of the strongest and most mischievous Dark Sorcerer in the movie yet he’s only on par with the meme heroes or equaivalent.
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83

Wait Wait Wait...

I really don't understand Kabam. It's fine that a colossus can heavy for 40,000 damage and give out unblockable sp to champs like candy but if Ebony Maw hit as hard as a normal champ? Unacceptable.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 821 ★★★
    Lol, the title made my day. He needs it bad, but good luck getting Kabam to care enough to try again. I’d say the champ is dead in the water. Hopefully you didn’t jump the gun and put any resources into him.
  • MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    mbrace said:

Lol, the title made my day. He needs it bad, but good luck getting Kabam to care enough to try again. I’d say the champ is dead in the water. Hopefully you didn’t jump the gun and put any resources into him.

I used my mystic awakening gem and put in max sig stones. On my 3 star.
  • BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    I HOPE THEY PUT THEY MAN PANTS UP AND REDO HIM AGAIN !!!!
  • GreatScottGreatScott Posts: 106
    I was excited that they were buffing Ebony Maw because I have a duped 5*. The movie version he is extremely powerful, so I was really looking forward to seeing his new buffs. It's crazy how weak they buffed him it's like they barely made any changes to him he's still weak and nothing like his movie version except his sp3 which also doesn't do much damage. I agree with others that he can be a descent power control champion, if used right. But, his damage is too low making fights painstaking long. They really wasted their time buffing him seeing the end result. With the current build they'd need to make his degen 10x stronger to make him a viable attack champion.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    I’m calling it now....(how to turn into a disagree button, part 2)

Kabam will silent buff or rework Maw (again) when they release Hulkbuster’s rework. Maybe it’ll be through a synergy. Maybe it’ll be a “oh btw you guys were right so, really fear the maw this time y’all.”

Somehow, Kabam will put more work into Maw in 2020.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Y'all complain so much, he's not Corvus or Ghost or Domino... he's not supposed to hit like damn Superman!!!

He's a utility champion, and his buff is perfect. His powersteal off the heavy, shuts Hyperion down every time. An once he inflicts BLACK TONGUE passive, his special 1 can nullify all buffs, not just Fury and Cruelty.

An then the faulter every 20 persuasive charges, saves my behind when I slip up, and allows me a free heavy punish.
    #FearTheMaw #BlackTongue #ChildofThanos
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    He needs rework, not rebalance
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    Yeah, rebalance him again, and knowing Kabam, he's still gonna be trash, if not, worse.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Ebony Maw has been a failure from the start. The whole design is just not competitive.

For a mystic, he has no good nullify capabilities and a weak power steal. He has the base attack rating of Void and below average health but not nearly enough utility, DoT damage or fury to compensate. His Falter mechanic is faster now but stops sooner, becoming useless in longer fights. I can't really say anything positive.
  • mebmeb Posts: 15
    edited March 2020
    I think Ebony Maw needs a small rework to live up to people's expectations. For starters they could allow the black tongue to stack, allowing for more chances at his falter debuff and stronger power control as the fight goes on. And to make the falter more useful... they can have it last 5 seconds regardless of class. His heavy attack should also steal a bit more power imo if they wanted him to be a strong power control champ, maybe 20% instead. Then they need to increase the signature ability's potency to at least 500%. Maw deals damage in short bursts so it only makes sense for him be rewarded for his ramp up of missions.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Somehow my maw still hardly ever gets kills on defense (one this war on a hidden node with siphon global) and is still trash as an attacker, yet as an AQ mini he's absurd.
  • Stevenfan2Stevenfan2 Posts: 91
    Actually according to me he is already a good champion and after the buff he is more better than earlier. I don't know why you guys are still crying for his balance? He had already became a good champion, all that you need is to learn how to use it. And most easiest way to use him is just doung parry and spamming heavy and enjoy the opponent degenerating. That's all and if you still wanna use him for greater use then you must take him to easy quests and the try to complete the whole quest with him only, that's all.