**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam Account Verification Process -

Am hoping a Mod will see this post, review my current ongoing case - 05398363, so we can get this worked out
OR
Perhaps others have some ideas?

I am having an absolute nightmare in trying verify Kabams 5 different security questions, so they can look into an accidental in-game purchase refund.

Whilst security is important, I`m am player `of an age` & also have played the game for 5+ years; so without the Kabam service center peeps assisting me (by telling me which of my responses are incorrect - so I can make some alternative guesses), I see little opportunity to resolve the issue.

Moreover, if I can`t prove my ownership of my own account, then I`m seriously thinking about leaving the game as there is no point continuing (Im bound to have a more serious issue in the future, will have the same security/verification issues - so why continue me thinks)

Finite current info. is fine - I get that - you can look see your MCOC game download date, also verify first/last in game `purchases` - but if you are asked for `original` (& have probably changed along the way) Kabam IDs, old registration email addresses or some such - there is little chance.

I have had past Kabam `refund` requests worked on & actioned (guess less security then) - so could even quote those case numbers etc etc

Loosing the will to live...............

Going forward - there must be a better way to manage this process - heck even my bank uses 1-step `authentication` of some sort - there MUST be an easier way??

Anyone any bright ideas at all, gratefully accepted

Comments

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    The exact same issue I had, the support team where literally no help in telling me what was right or wrong. Automatic responses. I find it funny them telling me that they cannot verify that my account is my account. I even gave them the address to which the account was made and over 5 different purchases, with dates and amounts. Why would I have this info if it’s not my account? I have the same feelings as you, hardly done anything this month.
    Not much of a support team if I’m honest.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    I also had a similar issue
    With the items purchased and the date
    I recall getting Peter's wallet but it was with an old google account
    Despite me providing other screenshots of purchasing items with the account the game is currently registered with, they still said I couldn't prove my account is mine
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 564 ★★★
    Been there. Got no help and couldn't refund the purchase. Worst service ever.
  • Saske97Saske97 Posts: 76
    Agree. They were very helpful up to an year ago when I contacted them. Then last time I tried, about a month ago, I had to contact them eight times to resolve an issue with my account and each time I would just receive automatic responses asking me to provide the information they requested, without any concrete help whatsoever. I gave up after that and I don't think I'll try contacting them ever again.
  • ScholiaScholia Posts: 116
    Same happened to me. They have the worst customer service. I gave up at the end. I seriously considered contacting apple but didn’t in the end. Perhaps I should have
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Same with me. They asked me for purchase information, but I never purchased anything, and because of that, I couldn't get my account back.
    They are automatic responses which sucks so bad, but whatever.
    Sadly this won't do anything to improve support.
  • Finite current info. is fine - I get that - you can look see your MCOC game download date, also verify first/last in game `purchases` - but if you are asked for `original` (& have probably changed along the way) Kabam IDs, old registration email addresses or some such - there is little chance.

I have had past Kabam `refund` requests worked on & actioned (guess less security then) - so could even quote those case numbers etc etc

It is possible Kabam is cracking down on things like people selling their accounts and is thus asking for more information about "original" account information above and beyond information you could gather simply by logging into the account. I'm speculating here as I have no inside information on that score.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to help players in this situation on the forums, because you can't share information about your account or customer service interactions on the forums.
  • After 5 attemps my case was closed for any future discussion. I provide 90% true information, but got same auto replies. I had one purchase they asked me for 2nd wen i said i have only one.. Worst support just dont spent money.
  • After 5 attemps my case was closed for any future discussion. I provide 90% true information, but got same auto replies. I had one purchase they asked me for 2nd wen i said i have only one.. Worst support just dont spent money.

These are steps are set into place to protect your account as well as keep from situations as DNA stated. This isn't the place to discuss this. If you have issues regarding your account and the process, you need to contact Support.
This discussion has been closed.