**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Omega Red Essence Steal

Comments

• Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I've test this many time and yeah I can confirm this is an issue hopefully its fix before the next update.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 344 ★★★
    I confirm this is a bug . Power drain is either not happening or taking a lot of time to drain which was not the case before.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Don’t forget about Warlock. I believe it’s happening to him too
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    I did some testing... it seems the distance between champs is based on the champ that launches the SP3. If the player with Hyperion does an SP3, the same distance is given.

Good to know there is some consistency between champs and the player/AI. Though it is weird that some champs have a dramatic distance. Is it because OR needs to be that far as to not generate Spores while the system adjust to gameplay after the cutscene?

It would make sense.
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    Thank you !! Hope they will fix it asap.
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    Warlock is affected by the same issue. Opponents will launch their sp3 after I used an sp3 although Warlocks sp3 should power drain while infections are up.
  • BloodylocksBloodylocks Posts: 7
    Just had this issue in AQ against SymSup.... Raced him at last second to Sp3 we both had it but I was able to throw mine after combo. 24 spores up should have been a very solid essence steal topping my health and letting me finish the 10% or so health he would have left after.... Instead he immediately threw his Sp3 after my animation finished. I did not survive and will possibly need to res and pot up to finish lane. Very agitating when a champ suddenly doesn't work as intended.
  • genibus81genibus81 Posts: 16
    Any update on this? This one is really bad especially for war. Previously using an SP3 was a safeguard against the AI SP3 but not anymore, they immediately retaliate w/an SP3 its like the power drain doesn't activate when it used to
  • The team is still working on resolving this issue and will post updates once we have more information to share.
  • Jaina97Jaina97 Posts: 59
    This has also happened with warlock for me. I'll try to record soon.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Jaina97 said:

This has also happened with warlock for me. I'll try to record soon.

Warlock has always been a delayed power drain whereas omega never was until the last few weeks-months.

• RiverluckRiverluck Posts: 12
    Another concerned OR user here as well. Hopefully this will be fixed asap and it won't drag for far too long.
    Any update on this? This one is really bad especially for war. Previously using an SP3 was a safeguard against the AI SP3 but not anymore, they immediately retaliate w/an SP3 its like the power drain doesn't activate when it used to
    Still broken, hop on Lagacy's twitter if you want to see the latest video of this in action. I know you guys are working on it but timelines would be helpful. This has been an issue for months now and having to wait for patch notes to not see the fix there and then hear "we're looking into it" every few weeks is pretty disheartening.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    edited February 2020
    This just happened to me. 30 spores essence steal started its effect duration but no power was drained. And of course AI launched sp3 moment after.

• ΜιKEΜιKE Posts: 30
    @Kabam Zibiit is there an update on this? appreciate the help
    Two weeks since the last update on this, any word on when this is getting in a patch?
  • DarkChyld14DarkChyld14 Posts: 37
    Any update on this issue?
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Although I rarely use Omega's sp3, I was interested in this being resolved as he's my main champion, but it hadn't impacted me until today....

Map 4, day 4 second corvus. Got light intercepted (annoyingly passive AI...) And took a full 5 hit combo to the face. Had three bars of power and 28 spores up, so hit sp3. Corvus on roughly 16% health immediately hits his sp3 (I forgot about strike back node), without the fight even restarting after my sp3 animation.

I die.

Had to revive and use a pot.

As usual, if this was a glitch which benefited the player base, it would have been fixed long ago.

And call me cynical, but I think they won't change it and will just change his text description instead.

The team is still looking into this issue but is working on a resolution that should be able to be implemented in the next update.

Its not in the patch notes
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    i was just about to comment on this because i don't see it in the patch note.
    Came here to comment on the same thing. No mention of the Omega Essence Steal fix in the update notes. Any ideas on timing @Kabam Zibiit ?
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

had sometime to think about this topic and I bet that they're just going to change his description to match what he's doing now, instead of fixing the issue.

I would not be surprised, but it would be a bad sign (Without offending someone) it would show that the team cannot solve something so simple, I would speak very badly about them, I hope they will only forget to publish the fix.
    Just look at the pic above you pls
    Fair enough