**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Thing: Is he good without synergies?

Hiya "the thing" fans,

I just pulled this guy and been consuming several youtubers gameplay showing the crazy damage and potential. However, between "the champ" and all the cheat death synergies heimdals/helas/angelas etc I've seen... I can't put together a team that would help me with higher-end content like act 6. The only other >5*s I have is Invisible Woman and Mr. Fantastic.

Anyway, synergies and the crazy damage aside, is The Thing worth a rank up as a solo champ?

I was looking for a new champ that I could also use in AQ or War but all these synergies required, makes me think he can only be unleashed in questing - let me know your thoughts.

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yes, he’s good without synergy, his damage isn’t anything crazy but he’s extremely tanky with his sig and is possibly the safest character in the whole game, he also has amazing immunities
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,362 ★★★★★
    He's very solid. Effective against Unstoppable champs; easy to use. Being immune to shock and Nullify are really rare abilities.

Take a look at the Carnage boss in EQ - Thing can handle him better than anyone, since anyone triggering Biohazard who is immune to bleed gets affected by Carnage's 'Ravager' ability to inflict armour break; and is then at the mercy of Carnage's Unblockable Specials. Thing doesn't even break a sweat.

Similarly, he can ignore the abilities of a lot of opponents like Dr Doom, Man-Thing, Dr Voodoo, Vision Aarkus; or anyone on an EMP modification node.

He doesn't really need any synergies at all; although he does have some good ones. Don't forget the Korg synergy!
  • MegaGalacticMegaGalactic Posts: 248 ★★
    He does not need them! Rank him up and go smash some foes, you won’t regret it. Build up those furies and hit them with his sp2 (or sp3). 🤘🏼
  • Thanks guys! You convinced me - let's try the dude :D