**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 Chapter 4: The End of the Elders has Begun! [Rewards Updated]

Comments

• Jojo424431Jojo424431 Posts: 2
    Cyporg said:

And seriously R2-3 gems???!!! For completing Act 6??!! Super super lame sauce

Tru try
  • GamerKniteGamerKnite Posts: 181 ★★
    I think with the amount of time and units spent in act 6 , this is a bit underwhelming...
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Mike192 said:

There are some inconsistencies in your reporting @Kabam Miike

1. It says in this post 'legends run winners of this chapter' will receive Weapon X, HOWEVER, the champion spotlight says 'first 100 to explore act 6' will receive Weapon X. Please clarify
    2. Also, just out of curiosity, why is there no title for 100% act 6 lol?

PS: Rewards are underwhelming and not fair for the effort and units spent.

1. I think those who were top 20 or 30 or something like that to get 6.1.. 6.2.. 6.3 explored will also receive weapon X.
    2. Act 5 is the only act to date which came with a title for exploration.. kabam isn't consistent with the reward levels for each act.. also a title was achievable earlier in act 6.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

WikiLeaks said:

Will there be a new title / progression based on completion?

Not this time, but we are planning for the next one already.
    Title or progression? But i hope its not progression bc i am not even 1 yr into cavalier status lol
  • So the whales spend and get T5CC (legends run reward) and weapon x.
    We can buy T5cc fragments
    Or we can buy our way through Abyss.

But when it comes to the arguably most awaited and anticipated event (story mode), one gets a random t5cc for full EXPLORATION !!! Thats all, doesn’t even look good, let alone enticing.

Moral of the story you need to spend money alot of money to get T5cc. Whales rule. Rest of us eat dust. Hence proving the fact that this time around Kabam has completely thrown the game off balance.

Well there are tons of other games out there to spend your time in.. no one is forcing you to play this one.
    So on a Kabam forum your telling me to quit Kabam game and play other company’s games ?
    Yep.. right along with all the people saying they are going to quit.. why even post that.. just quit lol
    This forum is to communicate, a bridge between Kabam and it’s players. And every summoner has the right to share what they see and feel.
    Anyways your just derailing and demeaning the thread. I don’t see you at a calliber whom I will argue with. Good luck.
    You are absolutely right.. hence i see no reason to come here and complain when kabam has already communicated they will not be changing anything.. if i were so unhappy with things.. i'd just stop playing.. but seeing the way most game developers view their audience.. i really can't complain about kabam too much..

They want to make money from the game we play.. i can't blame them for that.. i don't spend on this game so don't feel i have too big of an investment.. I do sympathize with those who feel kabam owes something.. however.. if you don't feel the developer is hearing your or meeting your ingame needs.. then why continue use their product?
    You dont even understand the situation. Yes ofc they’re trying to make money but in this case they are in fact going to LOSE money other than from the ppl who do the legends run. Once the legends run is over, there will be a load of players who wont even bother going for exploration. This is a missed opportunity since some players would’ve bought odin’s to go for exploration if only the rewards were worth grinding for. Since the rewards suck, this hurts ALL players from p2ws to f2ps. I myself am also f2p and invested only time into the game. Currently working on variant to build my roster for 6.2, but after seeing the rewards, what’s the point of beating 6.2 champion and the grandmaster a whole lot of times just for underwhelming rewards? Thats the main problem for the majority of players. Sure there are a lot of unhappy players rn and I’m actually considering dropping this game myself, but does it have to be that way? Is there another game that involves marvel characters in a fighting game genre (yes theres marvel vs capcom but that one sucks, no offense). This is a really good game and everyone here loves it, we’re just unhappy with the way the developers of the game are ruining it. One simple buff is all we’re asking for and if the rewards stay the way they are, then kabam has just messed up big time... again
    All they have to do to make me happy with the rewards is t5cc in completion and 1 1/2 in exploration plus generic in exploration for act 6 and 6* AG crystal for completion as well. The gold i am happy with as is with t5b and t2a but thats it
    edited February 2020

So the whales spend and get T5CC (legends run reward) and weapon x.
    We can buy T5cc fragments
    Or we can buy our way through Abyss.

But when it comes to the arguably most awaited and anticipated event (story mode), one gets a random t5cc for full EXPLORATION !!! Thats all, doesn’t even look good, let alone enticing.

Moral of the story you need to spend money alot of money to get T5cc. Whales rule. Rest of us eat dust. Hence proving the fact that this time around Kabam has completely thrown the game off balance.

Well there are tons of other games out there to spend your time in.. no one is forcing you to play this one.
    So on a Kabam forum your telling me to quit Kabam game and play other company’s games ?
    Yep.. right along with all the people saying they are going to quit.. why even post that.. just quit lol
    This forum is to communicate, a bridge between Kabam and it’s players. And every summoner has the right to share what they see and feel.
    Anyways your just derailing and demeaning the thread. I don’t see you at a calliber whom I will argue with. Good luck.
    You are absolutely right.. hence i see no reason to come here and complain when kabam has already communicated they will not be changing anything.. if i were so unhappy with things.. i'd just stop playing.. but seeing the way most game developers view their audience.. i really can't complain about kabam too much..

They want to make money from the game we play.. i can't blame them for that.. i don't spend on this game so don't feel i have too big of an investment.. I do sympathize with those who feel kabam owes something.. however.. if you don't feel the developer is hearing your or meeting your ingame needs.. then why continue use their product?
    You dont even understand the situation. Yes ofc they’re trying to make money but in this case they are in fact going to LOSE money other than from the ppl who do the legends run. Once the legends run is over, there will be a load of players who wont even bother going for exploration. This is a missed opportunity since some players would’ve bought odin’s to go for exploration if only the rewards were worth grinding for. Since the rewards suck, this hurts ALL players from p2ws to f2ps. I myself am also f2p and invested only time into the game. Currently working on variant to build my roster for 6.2, but after seeing the rewards, what’s the point of beating 6.2 champion and the grandmaster a whole lot of times just for underwhelming rewards? Thats the main problem for the majority of players. Sure there are a lot of unhappy players rn and I’m actually considering dropping this game myself, but does it have to be that way? Is there another game that involves marvel characters in a fighting game genre (yes theres marvel vs capcom but that one sucks, no offense). This is a really good game and everyone here loves it, we’re just unhappy with the way the developers of the game are ruining it. One simple buff is all we’re asking for and if the rewards stay the way they are, then kabam has just messed up big time... again
    TL;DR
    1 - QQ on the forums won't change anything
    2 - There are other/better ways to see the changes you desire
    3 - Back to the arenas for me

I appreciate your response.. I think I have a pretty good understanding of the situation.. but could be wrong..
    I'm not suggesting that the rewards are adequate.. what I am saying is that it's pointless to come to the forums and complain about it when they have already said nothing will change. If we actually want change, we should be taking a different course of action.

When 12.0 (yea i know people reference that far too often) people complained till they were blue in the face.. there was a post from a kabam forum mod suggesting that the player base should simply "adapt". There were more complaints on the forums, nothing changed. Once 12.0 went live, there were far more complaints, about a day or 2 later there was a boycott organized (i believe by "the living tribunal" was the name). This boycott was supported by many of the high end alliances (big spenders) and youtubers who pledged and asked the rest of the community not to spend on the game. This lasted about 3 days I think, after which kabam made a post on the forums stating they realized they got it wrong and wanted to make things right. We received a fairly substantial compensation package as a result.

Since then we as a community have complained about many things kabam have implemented. People were unhappy when it was announced that diversity would no longer be a factor in Alliance War. At first kabam was not going to budge, then people brought up the fact that kabam had encouraged people to use resources (sometimes spending real world $$) to rank up champions specifically for diversity. Many people were submitting refund requests to Apple and google stating they felt kabam was involved in fraudulent activity or something along those lines. As a result we still have diversity as a part of Alliance War.

I will give you just two more examples.. the maze.. some people complained about the lack of rewards for the effort required. As a result very few people (myself included) actually went ahead and participated in this piece of content. We have not seen another piece of content like the maze since.

My last example is the exclusion of 4* champions in act 6.2 and beyond. Many people complained about this decision, yet it has stood the test of time. A lot of people who did not have adequate rosters at the time have enhanced their 5* and 6* rosters and have been able to complete much of 6.2 and 6.3. In this case there was very little impact on revenue and therefore little reason for kabam to make any changes.

All this to say, we as a community can make as many posts on the forums as we want.. there will be no change by kabam. However, when we instead of complaining, speak with our money and decide not to spend on specific content, kabam (or any other company for that matter) is much more likely to take a second look at their decisions.

In my case, I will see what the offer is at the end of 6.4, I'm hoping for at least a 6* generic awakening gem along with other items. If this isn't available and I don't have a guaranteed way to awaken aegon to take into the abyss, I don't know how much more interest I'll have in the game. Now, I need to get back to grinding the arenas to make sure I have enough units for that offer.

But hey.. you could be right.. maybe I don't understand the situation.
  • These rewards sucks for how much time and units the quests take to complete.
  • Xinel07Xinel07 Posts: 24
    edited February 2020
    Very disappointing rewards :/

I strongly think that going though the journey of exploring the whole Act 6 should get you guaranteed rewards (generic awakening gem & class selector catalyst/s) rather than the randomness we are getting.
    edited February 2020
    H3t3r said:

ScottyE3 said:

So, everyone is incredibly disappointed with these rewards. Every comment I have seen is negative. Every group or discussion I am in is incredibly negative. Every content creator I have seen is bashing kabam because these rewards are a complete joke. My question is... When are you going to finally hear your player base and respond accordingly?

They did.. they already said the rewards are staying as is.. and not EVERYONE is negative.. have you not seen what BG had to say?
    Link to where BG said anything about this? Cant seem to find it
    Here you go..."6.4 rewards, they seem fine... but i don't really have a problem with them i guess" about the 15m mark.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwC9P4sI36Y
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020

As much as it might be disappointing to some, it's not that bad really.
    (Did the calculations over 10 mins after googling for the rewards. Might have some errors but overall should be around this amount)
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    The "amount" of rewards seem pretty good (45 t2a is really really solid) but kabam, you know what's triggering?
    Spending countless hours, units, resources to rank up specific champs only to get **** on by RNG.

There's a post by someone here who got 3x science t5cc and formed 1, which unfortunately happened to be science.

Although I do understand that t5cc class cat selectors are still too op for now, making the rewards a bit less RNG based here would solve the problem. Like, IMO,

Remove cavalier crystals completely, can add on some more shards instead of them.
    A little more 6* shards. Maybe like 40k?
  • As an aside. The only good rewards here - the 1-5 legends run spots - are going to be taken by those players who have successfully transitioned to using 6*s, you know the R3 Corvus that is doing 11k Mediums and the Domino that can basically ignore nodes because she only needs to do about 4 heavy attacks to win a fight. So these 5 players, all of whom will have had an R3 6* since the end of the gifting, then another 3 from AOL, likely close to another from just being in the top 5 alliances every week for AQ and AW.

Result being is that these players are going to be sitting pretty on 5-6 R3s depending on their 25% crystal RNG and the vast majority of the players who are ready to tackle this content have a few R2s but not necessarily one that they’re willing to R3 in each class, or like me they have an unawakened Aegon (for example) and we’re willing to put the grind in to get that generic and t5cc to be able to compete on a somewhat level playing field.

In one fell swoop this has yet again changed the status quo, leaving those who spent silly amounts over Christmas or on rushing AOL with a monstrous advantage.