**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Uses for warlock

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
A few weeks ago, I pulled a five star warlock from a five star crystal, and I only have about 12 5*s
I know he is considered to be one of the best champs in the game, but after reading his abilities, watching vids, and playing with him, I'm not really sure what he's capable of. I know he has the heal block with the virus and some aa reduction. Can someone explain what makes warlock so good?

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Also, what abilities would be considered offensive that would have their aa be reduced with the virus
    Pbb22 said:

Because he can do anything and everything. Probably a top 5 overall champion.

- viruses for solid length heal block and offensive AAR.
    - Solid bleed on heavy, easy to use as heavy counter.
    - Guaranteed shock sp1.
    - Guaranteed simple power control on sp1.
    - Guaranteed armor break + damage on sp2.
    - Super power drain on sp3, regen as well.
    - Permanent, replaceable Armor buff for Havok
    - If duped, degen them often (non-contact and when gaining power)

Thanks! Is there an optimal way to play him, or will it drastically differ based on the situation. I also have a tech ag for him and my only other tech five star is yondu. Do you think it's work putting it into warlock?
    @Pbb22
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    Save the gem for now.
    PsyLife said:

Save the gem for now.

How useful is it? I know it puts degen, but is that the only thing it does? Also, how potent is it?
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    I don’t have a warlock myself, but most of his utility is unawakened, and there are champs like dark hawk and ghost who need it more.
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    Key use for warlock would be kabam putting him in my next 6* crystal (would make up for the electro dup in my last one)
  • Mellie_MelMellie_Mel Posts: 74
    @Thicco_Mode I use Warlock a lot. His play style can change slightly from fight to fight, but in general you can play normal. If you need to mitigate regen early, you’ll wanna parry, heavy (assuming they can bleed) early on to build to Virus faster. I use suicides so I’ll drop sp2 if I think it will kill otherwise I’ll use sp3 which power drains and heals. He’s the most fun champ on my roster and I think he’s totally with ranking as high as you’re able ASAP!
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    Pound the opponent’s block to build infection charges (unless it’s an Explosive Personality node).

Dr. Zola
  • MovexMovex Posts: 2
    Warlock is the best tech for now...
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Warlock is awesome. Definitely a game changer type of champ. Yeah his abilities on paper don't look outstanding but when played he's a beast. Having his infection passive is huge against certain champs and nodes. Special 2 is brutal. He's so fun against Sabertooth..lol. regen champs cause power drain too. You will find yourself wanting to use him for everything. I have a R5 5 Star and if I pulled a 6 star I'll take him to R2 or more as I am able.

PsyLife said:

Save the gem for now.

How useful is it? I know it puts degen, but is that the only thing it does? Also, how potent is it?
    His degen isn't huge. It all adds up but not really worth a gem just for that. He has pretty good prestige, number 11 last I checked but has probably changed since then. I think that's the biggest reason to max sig him.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He has some of the best utility in the game, only behind quake I’d say, he can handle nearly every matchup well
    Ok thanks everyone! I'll try bringing him into aw and use your tips
  • mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    I’ve been trying to use him more and appreciate him as much as others do, but I’m just not seeing him as one of the best. I suppose if your team lacked immunities and reliable heal block was very important to you, then you’d go crazy over him. As for general use and damage output, he feels a bit lacking when compared to other options.
  • DeejDeej Posts: 108
    I’m crazy over him. But yeah his immunities are crazy useful for my team. And his SP2 destroys.

edited March 2020
    Sorry for reviving my somewhat old post, but with all the free time we have, I'm looking to go in 5.3, and I'm wondering if I should rank warlock up. His power control doesn't seem too great and I have immunities and heal block. Is there anything I should need him for?
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★

Sorry for reviving my somewhat old post, but with all the free time we have, I'm looking to go in 5.3, and I'm wondering if I should rank warlock up. His power control doesn't seem too great and I have immunities and heal block. Is there anything I should need him for?

Who are your immunity/heal block champions you're thinking of taking instead?

Warlock could easily take up one roster spot instead of 2.

Perhaps for Act 5 he is not as effective compared to Act 6 with a lot more heal champions/niche match ups - Mr Sinister, Havok, Iceman are all pieces of cake for Warlock.

Maybe wait until after Act 5 and you can reassess when the match ups become more niche.

Woozie said:

Perhaps for Act 5 he is not as effective compared to Act 6 with a lot more heal champions/niche match ups - Mr Sinister, Havok, Iceman are all pieces of cake for Warlock.

Maybe wait until after Act 5 and you can reassess when the match ups become more niche.
    These are my tops champs. I also have some really good four stars that I haven't used because I haven't needed them. I prefer other champs that don't have as many immunities as warlock because they have more damage and I like playing them more.

Woozie said:

These are my tops champs. I also have some really good four stars that I haven't used because I haven't needed them. I prefer other champs that don't have as many immunities as warlock because they have more damage and I like playing them more.
    And for power control I have voodoo and magik