**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Attack taps occasionally stops responding mid-combo (different from lag/connection problems)

Occasionally when doing normal Combos, after about MLL the subsequent taps tor finishing rest of combo just goes totally unresponsive (see notes as to what this is NOT related to)...

- it is not from lagging (background will continue moving, and opponent will start to retreat or attack me once he sees he is no longer being hit with the rest of my combo, even though I am tapping the screen trying to attack).
- it is not from connection problem (see prior, also no “check connection” msg appears at bottom)
- It is not from a bad stylus pen (I switch to my finger and same thing happens)
- It is not from bad touchpad pixels (I’ve rotated device and same happens tapping opposite side of screen)

I have seen this happen very rarely over the past month, but once it starts happening it will continue very often like maybe once every 5 combos (so happens multiple times during course of several Arena fights). I have powered device off and back on, and device was not “hot” like from some long arena session.
Almost seems similar to like a keyboard auto-repeat or delay type of issue, as repeated fast tapping during a combo maybe not be recognizing the separate taps so fast (?)

Device: iPad 6th Gen (2018), iOS v11.4.1
Game: current Feb. Update of MCOC
Gameplay: Arena (this time), but recall it happening in quests other times it has started happening too.

Has anyone else seen this behavior ? (separate from the normal Lagging type situation, which is why I didn’t just lump this together into those big threads)

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,743 ★★★★★
    Yes. I have. Same here. For two to three months this now and I have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge with the latest software updates.
  • samalasravansamalasravan Posts: 163
    Yes I came across this while fighting with sabretooth
  • That’s how they fix Mr. Sinister
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    Yep me too. Galaxy S9. I'm certain of it happening in arena, but am uncertain if it's happened in other areas of the game. I wonder if it is an arena thing or an Android thing. Be interested to hear device type and where it happened for others as this usually leads to a combo to the face.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    I’ve had this issue and I find it’s related to my device and not MCOC. You can google for possible solutions or fixes that involve changing settings inside your OS. There is also an easy test you can perform to see if your device is the issue. Screenshot a white back ground, draw a grid over that screenshot and tap each box to see how accurate your device actually is.

Illustrated. https://youtu.be/N61O8FD-qRg
  • Hey guys, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with unresponsive controls.

There are many devices capable of running the game and there are many different factors which can cause issues like this to occur. However, we're always reviewing any reports we receive and working to develop and implement improvements on our end to help make the game run as smoothly as possible on as many devices as possible.

To help us keep track of everyone's feedback about performance issues, we created the dedicated threads below.

- iOS Lag and Performance Issues Thread
    - Android Lag and Performance Issues Thread

If you haven't already, please take a moment to contribute to whichever of those discussions is relevant to you by providing the information outlined in our Bug Report Template.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
This discussion has been closed.