**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Advice on Night Thrasher?

I have a 5* Night Thrasher and a 5* skill gem. i want to know if he's worth it and is his damage good.

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    He has good utility and if he's awakened, he has pretty good damage, although I personally would save the gem for aegon or fury. His damage unawakened is ok, but really improves with the dupe. He also largely benefits from synergies
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    If you can get him to a high sig he’s nit a bad choice, hits really hard and has some nice utility in his board attacks taunt and aar
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    I used a skill 5* gem on mine. At the time, I didn’t have an incinerate immune champ and I had about 80-90 skill stones to burn.

He’s a solid champ who gets better combined with NT and GR. Unstoppable and utility against evade champs is good. Pretty decent add-on to a team, but not top tier.

Dr. Zola
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    edited March 2020
    He's got a lot of utility and the awakened ability gives him the damage boost he needs although at the same time he's no aegon or Nick fury. Unless u aren't going to take him to r5, I'd say save the gem for a stronger skill champ although NT is no slouch. In his base kit, he arguably has the best true strike ability and his physical resist is crazy good allowing u to tank some hits. The taunt ability is pretty sweet along w/ that incinerate immunity. If mephisto and modok cause a lot of problems for u, NT is another answer to them

Synergy wise guillotine and punisher/MK gives him BP's bleed and darkhawk decreases opponents armor per debuffs allowing u to hit harder (works better if NT is awakened) Gr turns him into rhino and makes intercepts easy
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,436 ★★★★
    Long-term you're better off saving the Skill AG for Aegon or Nick Fury - of course that may never happen and you'll get good mileage out of him.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    if you love playing him then do it.
  • Stevenfan2Stevenfan2 Posts: 91
    edited March 2020
    If you can manage its synergy team them then yes, otherwise wait for ankh other one.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Hes an incredible champ, much better with synergies though but he can be thrown on a team by himself and still be amazing the synergies just provide more damage. Hes a little tricky to play at first because his debuffs are short at first until u use a sp3 so u gotta land heavies to refresh them and get your taunt up, hes better at higher sig, i have mine at sig 140 and it seems like a pretty good spot for him.

He rides a skateboard while you fight which is pretty darn awesome and as far as his damage goes he can really dish it out, a little ramp up with him but not too much, between 15-30 hits depending on if u can refresh your debuffs and if u get a taunt off 1, 2 or 3 debuffs but by max 30 hits u can have him fully ramped up, in longer fights just focus on getting your 3 debuffs on using sp1 while parry/dexing and using your heavy attacks to gain power and refresh debuffs, the powergain makes his ramp up much fastet if u utilize it, and then once u get your taunt on just keep parry/heavy until u get to sp3, use the sp3 and watch the magic unfold. I have a video clip of my 4/55 sig 140 NT and he kills rol WS real fast in 86 hits. Synergy team is NT, darkhawk, moon knight, guillotine and dead nick fury.

I just got a nova and he has an awesome synergy with NT that reduces their powergain by 30% when your shock debuff is on them which is always and i run 3/3 petrify and since im mainly just parry/heavy they have -60% powergain. I can land 5-6 two hit heavies before they reach a sp1.

https://youtu.be/2C-azmK5ogw
  • Hes an incredible champ, much better with synergies though but he can be thrown on a team by himself and still be amazing the synergies just provide more damage. Hes a little tricky to play at first because his debuffs are short at first until u use a sp3 so u gotta land heavies to refresh them and get your taunt up, hes better at higher sig, i have mine at sig 140 and it seems like a pretty good spot for him.

He rides a skateboard while you fight which is pretty darn awesome and as far as his damage goes he can really dish it out, a little ramp up with him but not too much, between 15-30 hits depending on if u can refresh your debuffs and if u get a taunt off 1, 2 or 3 debuffs but by max 30 hits u can have him fully ramped up, in longer fights just focus on getting your 3 debuffs on using sp1 while parry/dexing and using your heavy attacks to gain power and refresh debuffs, the powergain makes his ramp up much fastet if u utilize it, and then once u get your taunt on just keep parry/heavy until u get to sp3, use the sp3 and watch the magic unfold. I have a video clip of my 4/55 sig 140 NT and he kills rol WS real fast in 86 hits. Synergy team is NT, darkhawk, moon knight, guillotine and dead nick fury.

I just got a nova and he has an awesome synergy with NT that reduces their powergain by 30% when your shock debuff is on them which is always and i run 3/3 petrify and since im mainly just parry/heavy they have -60% powergain. I can land 5-6 two hit heavies before they reach a sp1.

https://youtu.be/2C-azmK5ogw

Thank you very much. That helps a lot for my rank up decision. He looks great👍🏼
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Decided to make 1 more real quick video for 2 reasons, to show you the new Nova synergy, i havent heard it talked about yet, likely bc nova is a brand new champ and its not that crazy but it goes nice with his other amazing synergies. This guys synergies are so so good. Some of the best in the game. With a full team behind him he is an absolute monster. So the new nova synergy passively reduces the opponents powergain by 30% when they have your shock gadget debuff on them, i thought i could land more heavies then i actually could before they got a bar of power but its still a very noticable slow down of their power when u hit them, its the 3rd and last gadget debuff i place so u can really notice a difference to his powergain before and after the shock is on him.

The second reason is because his synergy with moonknight gives him a 30% chance on mediums to place a bleed dealing 50% base attack. However this is increased to 100% chance for the whole week when the moon is waxing and we are in that week right now. So its a 100% for a 50% of base attack bleed on every medium.

Guillotine synergy gives him a 50% chance to bleed for 70% of attack on all crits. Now this bleed scales with your furies and is strong with your 10 furies. Its a really powerful synergy and when you combine it with the moon knight synergy youre placing ALOT of bleeds.

Last the Darkhawk synergy which passively reduces their armor by -20% per debuff on them which REALLY increases his damage and you constantly have ALOT of debuffs on them... taunt, shock, incinerate, disorient, bleed, and parry so its a big armor reduction. If u run the weakness mastery u could reduce it even further. And your sp3 passively increases ANY debuff you have active by 70% and refreshes all debuffs active with the 70% increased duration, bleeds included.

Also unduped and duped with no furies his shock and incinerates are weak but both of those scale with your fury and they tick steadily in the background of the entire fight after you apply them. All of these things combined make him really something special. Add the true accuracy, the high tanky physical resistance and hes just an incredible champ. I know people know hes good but i think hes even underrated when he has his full synergies behind him. This is only a 4/55 with no suicides or boosts and he took him down in 82 hits. A fully tricked out 5/65 would be insane. Anyway i know thats a long comment but i really love this champ and his synergies and this seemed like the right thread to talk about them and show him off some.

https://youtu.be/jcFvYCD1f5A
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Don't forget he also has a nice synergy with CAIW, Silver Surfer and Mr Fantastic.