**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Power of a million exploding daffodils

SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
So I pulled sentry as my first 6 star on my alt account. Does he have any hidden secret godly rotation that I don't know of? Cause he seems dull. No utility, no damage.

Comments

• SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★

he is a bench warmer

For real he is so badly designed!!
    Kabam did sentry dirty and made void a god..*sigh* guess I'll just wait another 6 months for my 6 star beast.
    Immortal said:

By then... iron patriot should be in the basics ...

I think champs like beast and sentry are worse because they aren't ever going to get reworked. Champs like HB, Kamala and IP are awesome candidates for reworks.
    edited March 2020

I mean like, it's a free 4/55 except for opportunity cost, which means it's a "free" 4/55 at the cost of a 6 star like ghost or NF that you could have gotten but you didn't
    So, basically, you got screwed

3 more of these freebies and I'll have to spend all my life's income on consulting a therapist.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Unduped he’s literally worthless, duped and with full synergies he’s borderline ok
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    oh i have many of those never gonna get buff champs and it stinks! loki,jane foster,sentry,diablo,vulture,redskull,cap ww2,anihilus,hela(not bad but no use besides arena)civilwarrior, classic capmarvel,electra,phoniex,
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Leave a million daffodils. Just throw one daffodil at the opponent and it will hit harder than he does.
    edited March 2020
    So it's pretty much a hopeless situation I guess.
    He would be really good if he could carry persistent charges from fight to fight..even a Sabertooth like mechanic could be acceptable.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★

He would be really good if he could carry persistent charges from fight to fight..even a Sabertooth like mechanic could be acceptable.

He can do that. If duped.
    Terra said:

He can do that. If duped.
    I know but he still has a specific health requirement for that if I'm not wrong.
    And that is a blatant cash grab.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

So I pulled sentry as my first 6 star on my alt account. Does he have any hidden secret godly rotation that I don't know of? Cause he seems dull. No utility, no damage.

His general rotation is

-Get to 10 hits and Enter Overpowering Light. (100% chance)

-Throw an L1. It's unblockable and has bonus damage in this form.

-Get to 20 hits and enter Steadfast Approach (60% chance)

-You have 100% perfect block and extra heavy damage in this form. Hold block and bait heavies and punish with your own heavy.

-Get to 30 hits and enter Absolute Strength (100% chance)

-Throw an L2. It's unblockable and has bonus damage in this form.

Repeat...

He's a ramp up champ. The higher the combo, the more Reality Warp charges you get and the more damage you can do. However, without the dupe, you'll lose these charges after every fight. Once he's duped, using Aegon and Champion for synergy will make Sentry quite good as the quest goes on. Of course if you're looking for a ramp up champ and bringing Aegon anyway...

His only other bit of utility worth talking about is his synergy with Void. Sentry can use and L3 and place a Fear of the Void passive. This increases Sentry's attack, reduces enemy evasion, and stops healing (just like it does with Void). While Void can usually handle these situations on his own, Sentry can be useful whenever Debuffs have a hard time sticking. Enemies who shrug Debuffs (AV, Kingpin, etc) or nodes like Debuff Immunity or Mighty Charge will pose a problem to Void. However, since FOV is passive, Sentry can place it with an L3. There was a Rogue mini boss in a Variant (3, I think) who had Mighty Charge and some form of Regen. Sentry with this synergy could make this fight very straightforward.

And I agree, his steadfast approach state of mind needs to be increased to 100% to make him competitive.
    0din said:

He is ****. Accept it and move on.

I just hope Kabam gets to him..maybe it will take time but Sentry should get justice.

0din said:

I just hope Kabam gets to him..maybe it will take time but Sentry should get justice.
    He wouldn't even need a major overhaul. A few minor tweaks would make him relevant again:

-Increase Steadfast Approach from 60% to 100%
    -Make Sentry Incinerate immune (same as Void)
    -A modest increase to Attack Rating...10% or so

0din said:

Why would they? I mean I have a sig 60 6* sentry and I wouldn’t complain but the chances of that happening is remote.

Nobody expected Gamora to be reworked too. Its a slim chance but a man can hope.

0din said:

He wouldn't even need a major overhaul. A few minor tweaks would make him relevant again:

I would rather focus on making the persistent charge mechanic relevant.
    (I do agree with the change to steadfast approach tho)

0din said:

I would rather focus on making the persistent charge mechanic relevant.
    (I do agree with the change to steadfast approach tho)
    Fair enough. I'm just coming at it from the perspective that too much change will cause a full rework. We only get like 4 of those a year and there are at least a dozen champs FAR more deserving of that. With that in mind, I'd rather propose quick, single-line tweaks to champs to make them more relevant to hold people over until a full rework can be done.

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Well I've heard that his Synergy with Champion/Ægon isnt too bad

Well I've heard that his Synergy with Champion/Ægon isnt too bad

That's the thing. The "isn't too bad" champions (who don't have any quirky uses) become useless.