**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Act 5 Chapter 3

Comments

• No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Superman69 wrote: »
    Not sure why people are so against a science awakening/rank up gem.
    If you get a Hulk, that guy would be a monster.
    Also Quake is coming soon as well.

But if you already have one, then it may suck. But then again it goes that way for every class (Maybe not mystic or mutant, you need all the mystic and mutants you can get)

Probably cause science has the most garbage champs in the class. For everyone that may pull a hulk, there are probably 20 others pulling a shehulk or SG, LC, AM, rhino. Awakening gems are no good if you can't use them. I know people who have been holding their gems for over a year lol.
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Rewards look better than 5.2 I guess ...

Question: Will the final boss of chapter 3 be a unique boss, like the collector was? Or some already existing champ?

It's not a unique boss, but it is a newer Champion.

newer champion?Sounds interesting!Kingpin or Grandmaster?
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    Fluke Cage is trash, but he could suddenly become useful in above scenarios for one run. Don't know if he is worth ranking just to do that :neutral:
    Yellsome wrote: »
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Rewards look better than 5.2 I guess ...

Question: Will the final boss of chapter 3 be a unique boss, like the collector was? Or some already existing champ?

It's not a unique boss, but it is a newer Champion.

newer champion?Sounds interesting!Kingpin or Grandmaster?

I would guess the newly designed nemesis to Guillotine.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    Lets face the challenge. Nice to have new challenge.
  • Lawda
  • Still no Alpha 2 or fragments Alpha 2. Only little bit in glory store or for deal.
    Veteran players make Act 5 for rank up 5s! Instead alpha 2 you give us a useless **** 5s rank up r2->r3 jem??? Is a joke??? And you make heroes 6 stars???

Just an offense for loyal veteran players!!!
  • DocStrangeDocStrange Posts: 36
    @Kabam Miike I was really excited to play through all of 5.2 because of how skill and character-based it is. 5.3 on paper seems not to be as challenging. Will we see something more challenging than 5.2 in the near future as far as exhausting good skill within the game and knowledge/assumptions on what characters to bring along?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Morgan wrote: »
    @Kabam DK

Am i to suppose that chapers with all atk nerfed nut mutants will have mostly tech champs, chap with skill will have mostly mutant and so on? cause i think there's a cach somewhere that will disappoint me somehow, and i still didn't find any.

Aside from rewards.

Awakening gem should be generic Heck so uch for pushing growth, give us the FRIGGIN chanche to at least awaken a decent champ, or the champ we want! What's the point if we don't have a hero worthy 4/55 of the class we drop? So much waiting the gem...and that's so disappointing.

5* shards reward are riddicolous. considering the content and difficulty it should be a full Crystal not even shards. We're long tired to read you "making things more available" then raising the caps of shards by what, 300? You're making yourself look not really trustable, and right now, you need trust like BREAD considering the mess you decided to go for with war, and early 6* release.

Overall decent, but still lacking. What's lacking is good intent.

People will complain about anything. It's a 5* awakening gem. Get over the fact that it's not as perfect as you, the little princess, wants.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    Everyone's complaining about the rewards. My concern is the requirement of a full team of 4* 5/50 minimum PER CLASS. 4/40s won't cut it and using a single champ will cost way over the odds in revives. I've got, at best, 2 5/50s in some classes, only 1 in others.

If you don't have enough R5 champs then you are out of your league atm bud.

It's a bitter pill to swallow in that case. I'm Uncollected and 100% exploration on 5.2.1-5.2.4, due to finish in the next few weeks. All of a sudden, 5.3 requires around 30 4* R5 or equivalent to complete, evenly distributed between each class. I'm sure you're years ahead of me in the game, but do even you have 5 maxed science champs for this?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Scottryan wrote: »
    Will there be any caltrops? And if there is will it be in a quest where all classes that have bleed immune are at 50% attack. Same questions for "Bleed" and "Poison" nodes.

Also will there be any other global nodes besides the ones listed (and "Warning" obviously).

Anyways, from what I've read looks like his quest will be very interesting and fun. Great rewards too. Good job guys!

Almost every class has an answer to bleed and poison. So if it's science then you'll have to bring other class or brave it with science. Apart from that you'll be fine I think

Bleed:
    Skill- agent venom
    Science -
    Mystic- unstoppable Collosus
    Cosmic- groot
    Tech- ultron
    Mutant - Collosus

Poison:
    Skill- Karnak
    Science - hulk
    Mystic- dormamu
    Cosmic- capt marvel
    Tech- ultron
    Mutant - rogue

thanks for that list, made me realize that there is no real worry about poison nodes on a certain global node. Still a little worried that on the science global node that there will be bleed or caltrops...that would suck royally.

Luke Cage is a bleed immune Science hero.
  • Scottryan wrote: »
    Will there be any caltrops? And if there is will it be in a quest where all classes that have bleed immune are at 50% attack. Same questions for "Bleed" and "Poison" nodes.

Also will there be any other global nodes besides the ones listed (and "Warning" obviously).

Anyways, from what I've read looks like his quest will be very interesting and fun. Great rewards too. Good job guys!

Almost every class has an answer to bleed and poison. So if it's science then you'll have to bring other class or brave it with science. Apart from that you'll be fine I think

Bleed:
    Skill- agent venom
    Science -
    Mystic- unstoppable Collosus
    Cosmic- groot
    Tech- ultron
    Mutant - Collosus

Poison:
    Skill- Karnak
    Science - hulk
    Mystic- dormamu
    Cosmic- capt marvel
    Tech- ultron
    Mutant - rogue

you could have luke cage for science.... ;)
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Also, you won't be totally up Feces Creek sans paddle if you bring an off-class, just need to prepare for a long fight any time you use them.
    Personally, I want a list of every Starburst/Degen style node in the chapter. And to not see a 20 fight lane of Caltrops nodes. And to get an answer to a previous question of if the Power Gain while under Debuff node stacks with multiple debuffs. And to know if the AI will cheat and use Suicide masteries for permanent Power Gain ;)
  • Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    I'd love to see greater rewards, but this is just a chapter completion of an Act. We should see some insane rewards for completion and exploration of the entire Act. Look back at Act IV for example. The amount of 5* shards you get for doing 4.3 versus doing all of Act IV is like a 1/10 ratio. I hate to say it, but the rewards are kind of par for the course for the game. And considering we got hundreds of 5* shards for chapter completion in Act IV we are now getting thousands for chapter completion in Act V (3500 for this chapter to be exact).

If we don't see insane rewards for completion and exploration of Act V, then we will have a problem. Considering how difficult it will be, it better be the t5bs, t2a's, and at least 20k 5* shards we are expecting. And a generic 5* gem.

The ongoing issue is that the rewards we get in each chapter don't really set us up to upgrade our roster to take on the next chapter. Some comments before addressed this. Basically we're getting rank up materials to bring characters to 5/50 and 3/45...you need characters of that level already to get this far. But it's nothing new. I'm glad we get the 5* awakening gem crystal this time finally.

Rewards...they can always be better. I'm not super disappointed with these ones overall.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Those complaining about the rewards are just babies.

You have a 5* Class awakening crystal as a chapter exploration reward. The only other one available in the entire game right now is through LoL completion. How many units does that cost? Do you think exploring 5.2 will come anywhere close to that cost? And you already have that as a reward by exploring 5.3.

This is a slap in the face for those of us who completed LoL pre-12.0 where the average cost of completion with a 5* r4 SL was 5 digits units, but you don't see us complaining.

Many of you are asking for t2a just for exploring 5.3. I get it, it's progression. You want proper progression? Go complete LoL. Completed it? Then explore it. Don't whine about rewards not matching your dreamy expectations.

Honestly I would love to have 1 t2a as an exploration reward as that would give me enough t2a to rank up my 6th 5* r4.

But difficulty wise, act 5 doesn't warrant a t2a reward, at least not solely for 5.3. We were given t2a for the EXPLORATION of the entire Act 4 to open us up to having 1x 5* r4, which is a step up from the highest attainable rank of a champ at that time, a 4* 5/50. At that time we were using 4/40s to clear a pre-nerf Act 4, so imagine the relative difficulty then.

Act 5, excluding the collector fight, is by no means more difficult than pre-nerf act 4 using 4/40s. Not to mention the uncollected title given simply by completing, not exploring 5.2, gives you an infinite number of t4c Fragment crystals or t4b fragments DAILY. That, in itself, is a much bigger reward than 3x t4cc given by exploring Act 4.

The only reliable place to find t2a is exploration of LoL. Let's put it in a very objective manner. LoL has 7 paths, total rewards of 12 t2a, 30 t4cc in terms of upgrade materials. Dividing it down will be approximately 2 t2a and 5 t4cc per path, I'm excluding the outermost easy path because it's cakewalk.

Do you really think exploring 5.2 was anywhere near clearing 1 of the inner paths of LoL? 5.2 was fun, but relatively easy comparatively. And for exploring 5.2 or 5.3 you're expecting t2a? Hahaha.

From an act to Act perspective, each act's exploration rewards usually tally with the amount of resources needed to take 1 champ to the next highest possible rank.

So my guess is that t5bs, 2 of them, will be rewarded for Act 5 exploration. In addition, 75% of the next bottleneck will be given, i.e. 3 t2a.

If you noticed, this is also the trend for the other acts, like how act 4 exploration gives 3 t4cc (75% of the 4 needed to r4 a champ from the previous highest available rank, i.e. R3).

What I'm saying is, don't complain about the rewards being insufficient. Instead, think of how you can progress in the game with the current avenues already given.

The game offers an avenue for progress for 99.9% of its players, it's whether the players want to grasp these avenues or not. So those who are whining, quit whining like a kid and spend more time figuring out how you can progress instead of asking for more rewards to feed your need for progress.
  • He hi
  • vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited September 2017
    xNig wrote: »

You have a 5* Class awakening crystal as a chapter exploration reward. The only other one available in the entire game right now is through LoL completion. How many units does that cost? Do you think exploring 5.2 will come anywhere close to that cost? And you already have that as a reward by exploring 5.3.

This is a slap in the face for those of us who completed LoL pre-12.0 where the average cost of completion with a 5* r4 SL was 5 digits units, but you don't see us complaining.

Many of you are asking for t2a just for exploring 5.3. I get it, it's progression. You want proper progression? Go complete LoL. Completed it? Then explore it. Don't whine about rewards not matching your dreamy expectations.

Honestly I would love to have 1 t2a as an exploration reward as that would give me enough t2a to rank up my 6th 5* r4.

But difficulty wise, act 5 doesn't warrant a t2a reward, at least not solely for 5.3. We were given t2a for the EXPLORATION of the entire Act 4 to open us up to having 1x 5* r4, which is a step up from the highest attainable rank of a champ at that time, a 4* 5/50. At that time we were using 4/40s to clear a pre-nerf Act 4, so imagine the relative difficulty then.

Act 5, excluding the collector fight, is by no means more difficult than pre-nerf act 4 using 4/40s. Not to mention the uncollected title given simply by completing, not exploring 5.2, gives you an infinite number of t4c Fragment crystals or t4b fragments DAILY. That, in itself, is a much bigger reward than 3x t4cc given by exploring Act 4.

The only reliable place to find t2a is exploration of LoL. Let's put it in a very objective manner. LoL has 7 paths, total rewards of 12 t2a, 30 t4cc in terms of upgrade materials. Dividing it down will be approximately 2 t2a and 5 t4cc per path, I'm excluding the outermost easy path because it's cakewalk.

Do you really think exploring 5.2 was anywhere near clearing 1 of the inner paths of LoL? 5.2 was fun, but relatively easy comparatively. And for exploring 5.2 or 5.3 you're expecting t2a? Hahaha.

From an act to Act perspective, each act's exploration rewards usually tally with the amount of resources needed to take 1 champ to the next highest possible rank.

So my guess is that t5bs, 2 of them, will be rewarded for Act 5 exploration. In addition, 75% of the next bottleneck will be given, i.e. 3 t2a.

If you noticed, this is also the trend for the other acts, like how act 4 exploration gives 3 t4cc (75% of the 4 needed to r4 a champ from the previous highest available rank, i.e. R3).

What I'm saying is, don't complain about the rewards being insufficient. Instead, think of how you can progress in the game with the current avenues already given.

The game offers an avenue for progress for 99.9% of its players, it's whether the players want to grasp these avenues or not. So those who are whining, quit whining like a kid and spend more time figuring out how you can progress instead of asking for more rewards to feed your need for progress.

LoL has over an year, 4.4 3x T2a almost 2 years old, the game has to progress rewards wise too, not just new champs!. I'm sure you did not want LoL to reward something close to what RoL did...
    edited September 2017
    vrto wrote: »
    xNig wrote: »

LoL has over an year, 4.4 3x T2a almost 2 years old, the game has to progress rewards wise too, not just new champs!. I'm sure you did not want LoL to reward something close to what RoL did...

That's what's funny, even if t5bs are released with 100% Act 5...that means you can rank ONE 5* to r5...lmao. How many more to trickle out over the course of another year, maybe enough for Another one making it a total of TWO! So exciting!

Release those dang t5bs already. Want me to earn them? Sure make the super duper hard content where I can earn them. Why is it taking so long? This isn't progression, this is darwins evolution.
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    I need clarification on the exploration rewards... Is it a generic 5* awakening gem or Class random 5* awakening gem? Trucos has it listed like this... but your post does not say which one it is?f628febcyu0w.jpg
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    I need clarification on the exploration rewards... Is it a generic 5* awakening gem or Class random 5* awakening gem? Trucos has it listed like this... but your post does not say which one it is?f628febcyu0w.jpg

Yes it does. Go back and read
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    They literally just had a big long announcement about how 5* shards and rank-up materials were going to become more available. It seems like whomever decided on the rewards for 5.3 and designed the September calendar didn't get the memo.
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203

031zxkz8ck5t.png

All I see is 1... 5* awakening gem crystal... It does not say Random Class for that one.
    Only say 1... 5* rank up gem random class 2 to 3.
    Trucos has 1... 5* awakening gem random class crystal.
    1... 5* rank up gem random class 2 to 3.
    So is it generic or random class?
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Their post says it is a crystal for the awakening gem, therefore it is random.
  • The_One wrote: »
    Do we need to have completed or explored 5.2 to access chapter 3?

Completion, as per usual. That's my guess.

Correct! :)
  • bentoddfredbentoddfred Posts: 50

031zxkz8ck5t.png

All I see is 1... 5* awakening gem crystal... It does not say Random Class for that one.
    Only say 1... 5* rank up gem random class 2 to 3.
    Trucos has 1... 5* awakening gem random class crystal.
    1... 5* rank up gem random class 2 to 3.
    So is it generic or random class?

Beneath the Awakening Gem in Trucos image it says "RANDOM" in 6 different colors. Also, the "Crystal" part of "Awakening Gem Crystal" is what confirms that it is a random class. If it were generic, it would not be in a crystal.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    How many paths will each quest have, and will they all have the same number of paths?