**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ranking Ægon for LOL

I have recently pulled 5* Ægon and my thoughts are turning towards giving LOL a bash. I've got him unduped and currently at rank 3, but I do have a generic awakening gem with his name on it!

My question is, at what rank is 5* Ægon a viable champ for a first time run through LOL?

Should I awaken him straight away, or wait until I have him at rank 4 or rank 5 and ready to do LOL with him, sods law by the time I rank him up I'd pull him from a crystal so the awakening gem would be sort of wasted. It will be awhile before I have the t2a to rank 4 and then rank 5 him.

With these resources being scarce I dont want to use them until I'm certain they will be of benefit to the content I am attempting.

As always any help on this would be massively appreciated! Much love to the community!

Comments

• NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★
    even a 4* is viable for LoL, id def do it since you got aegon
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I wouldn’t use a generic till you can r4 at least most likely r5 and sig close to 100
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    Given you can't rank him up yet, I'd wait on the AG. Once you can get him to at least R4 (if not R5) and a reasonably high sig level, then look again at awakening him
  • LibralonixLibralonix Posts: 229
    Thanks for the advice, I had a feeling holding fire would be the best course of action. I'll let you know how I get on once I've got him ranked up!
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I used a generic on mine when i took him to r4 but could only get him to sig 35 and I did the initial LOL clear with him at that point...high sig isn't needed for the initial clear
  • LibralonixLibralonix Posts: 229

I used a generic on mine when i took him to r4 but could only get him to sig 35 and I did the initial LOL clear with him at that point...high sig isn't needed for the initial clear

What team did you use for your initial clear? Any idea if and how many revives you used?
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    I used a generic on mine, but also took him to rank 5 sig 100.... finished LOL easy path with 6 revives and some love juice.
    Aegon
    Proxima - Combo Shield
    Quake - Evade Charges
    Nick - Evade Charges
    Heimdal - Cheat Death

Coincidentally, I was rewarded with a skill AG, so balance was restored.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Hendross said:

I used a generic on mine, but also took him to rank 5 sig 100.... finished LOL easy path with 6 revives and some love juice.
    Aegon
    Proxima - Combo Shield
    Quake - Evade Charges
    Nick - Evade Charges
    Heimdal - Cheat Death

Coincidentally, I was rewarded with a skill AG, so balance was restored.

That was my fear, pulling a skill gem after using a generic. Luckily got a mutant. My Aegon is at r5 Sig 200, easy path done I just need to find the motivation to do the rest
  • typghtypgh Posts: 79
    I just completed the easy path in LoL with my 5* R5 (sig 25). I brought in Star Lord, Angela, Loki and Heimdall for synergies. Probably spent like 300 units worth of items, but it was worth it. I duped my Ghost Rider and got Nick Fury with the five star shards and will use the T2A to take rather Ghost or Ghost Rider to R5 soon.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    Hey mate, I would probably go R4 and wait for the awakened and that's your call if you want to use a generic, but if you've got other content available to do first maybe complete that first.

I wrote a guide when I 100% with just Aegon a month ago, hope it helps: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/180691/labyrinth-100-as-a-f2p-from-first-path-to-100-in-4-days-a-comprehensive-guide-w-aegon-data#latest