**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Favorite MCU Movie Scenes

Comments

• Rerun_9Rerun_9 Posts: 109
    Honestly my favorite scene is when Captain Marvel is breaking free from the Supreme Intelligence. When she gets knocked down, then goes through a montage of her past, then she gets up. It literally gives me chills every time because it’s so empowering. People say Captain Marvel was a bad movie but I loved it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Rerun_9 said:

Honestly my favorite scene is when Captain Marvel is breaking free from the Supreme Intelligence. When she gets knocked down, then goes through a montage of her past, then she gets up. It literally gives me chills every time because it’s so empowering. People say Captain Marvel was a bad movie but I loved it.

I thought it was good.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Rerun_9 said:

That was a pretty cool scene, even if the movie was slightly a letdown.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★

When thanos snapped half the universe away I was happy that was my favourite scene

Gotta admit, I had a list....
    I had a list lol
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    A l p h a said:

This fight scene is Phenominal!! No powers just straight up combat!

Alpha Scorpion

Not only one of the greatest scenes but one of the greatest movies. Winter Soldier is one of the only marvel movies I remember coming out of the theaters with my mind completely blown.
    Werewrym said:

A l p h a said:

Alpha Scorpion

Not only one of the greatest scenes but one of the greatest movies. Winter Soldier is one of the only marvel movies I remember coming out of the theaters with my mind completely blown.
    I really wish I had been old enough by my parents standards to watch that one in theaters. It would’ve been so cool just to see the elevator scene, the helicarriers crashing into each other, the entire movie would’ve been awesome.

Werewrym said:

A l p h a said:

Alpha Scorpion

I really wish I had been old enough by my parents standards to watch that one in theaters. It would’ve been so cool just to see the elevator scene, the helicarriers crashing into each other, the entire movie would’ve been awesome.
    Now I feel old. Hahaha.

Werewrym said:

A l p h a said:

Alpha Scorpion

Now I feel old. Hahaha.
    Sorry haha.

Werewrym said:

A l p h a said:

Alpha Scorpion

Now I feel old. Hahaha.
    Sorry haha.
    All good. It's the one thing we can't get around. ;)
  • UltimateBatJokeUltimateBatJoke Posts: 219
    Mysterio v Spiderman (train station), the visual effects and very similar to that fight in the show

Mysterio v Spiderman (train station), the visual effects and very similar to that fight in the show

I have to confess. I haven't watched that all the way through.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Loving this revived thread. Some classic scenes!

Loving this revived thread. Some classic scenes!

That was awesome!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Werewrym said:

A l p h a said:

Alpha Scorpion

It is amazing (if that is the right word) to think that Winter Soldier was six years ago. One year later Ant-Man came out, and there were a lot of cinema analysts discussing whether "superhero fatigue" was setting in and Marvel had run its course.

I remember this quote: "Disney CEO Bob Iger may end up regretting his decision to pay $4B for Marvel in 2009: Disney made that deal at 'the top of the (comic book) character remonetization cycle.'" That was in 2011.

The analyst who said that said in 2015, "the cycle has played out" pointing out that "Avengers: Age Of Ultron generated more than $1.4 billion worldwide, falling to $774 million for Guardians Of The Galaxy, $715 million for Captain America: The Winder Soldier, and $401 million for Ant-Man."

Yep, doesn't look good there. Let's see, what came after Ant-Man. Oh yeah, Captain America: Civil War. Then Dr. Strange, then Guardians 2, then Homecoming, Thor Ragnarok, and Black Panther. And then the third Avengers movie, whatever that was called.
    DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

A l p h a said:

Alpha Scorpion

It is amazing (if that is the right word) to think that Winter Soldier was six years ago. One year later Ant-Man came out, and there were a lot of cinema analysts discussing whether "superhero fatigue" was setting in and Marvel had run its course.

I remember this quote: "Disney CEO Bob Iger may end up regretting his decision to pay $4B for Marvel in 2009: Disney made that deal at 'the top of the (comic book) character remonetization cycle.'" That was in 2011.

The analyst who said that said in 2015, "the cycle has played out" pointing out that "Avengers: Age Of Ultron generated more than $1.4 billion worldwide, falling to $774 million for Guardians Of The Galaxy, $715 million for Captain America: The Winder Soldier, and $401 million for Ant-Man."

Yep, doesn't look good there. Let's see, what came after Ant-Man. Oh yeah, Captain America: Civil War. Then Dr. Strange, then Guardians 2, then Homecoming, Thor Ragnarok, and Black Panther. And then the third Avengers movie, whatever that was called.
    Never count anything out. ;)
  • Zodiac_SignsZodiac_Signs Posts: 54
    Gotta be when Capt lifted up Mjolnir in Endgame. That was epic! And of course the fight scene with Thanos that followed. A mere mortal up against a Titan
  • DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    Werewrym said:

A l p h a said:

Alpha Scorpion

The Winter Soldier has been my favorite entry in the MCU since I walked out of the theater on opening night. The Russo’s showed everyone that Marvel Studios can make more than “just a comic book movie”. They can make genre films featuring comic book characters, and they can be damn good films rather than popcorn flicks.

Gotta be when Capt lifted up Mjolnir in Endgame. That was epic! And of course the fight scene with Thanos that followed. A mere mortal up against a Titan

Well, a mortal with the power of Thor.

This reminds me; there are lots of theories on why Rogers was able to wield Mjolnir. My own is (at least in its specifics) something I've never heard anyone else say. For me, the question is, when Odin says "whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor" what does Odin think it means to be "worthy?'

And I think we can actually say. Before he enchants Mjolnir he casts Thor out of Asgard saying he is "unworthy" and berating him for threatening innocent lives by almost starting a war for his own self aggrandizement. Earlier, when Odin is about to crown Thor the new King of Asgard, he asks Thor three questions:

Do you swear to guard the Nine Realms?
    Do you swear to preserve the peace?
    Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and to pledge yourself only to the good of the realms?

Odin thinks Thor is unworthy because Thor doesn't actually live up to those ideals. Only when he sacrifices himself to save his friends and Earth from the Destroyer does Mjolnir judge Thor to be "worthy." But I think self-sacrifice is not enough.

Word of God says Rogers was always "worthy" but my own theory is that Rogers was not worthy of Mjolnir in Age of Ultron because while he was definitely a selfless person in general, he wasn't someone who "pledged himself only to the good of the realms." Rogers wasn't willing to do *anything* to protect others. He was "almost" worthy. But in Endgame, Rogers finally crossed that bridge: he was willing to do *anything* to stop Thanos. When Mjolnir felt that Rogers was "worthy" of it, because he wanted nothing except to wield Mjolnir to stop Thanos to protect others, that's when it answered his call.

Rogers is mortal, but when Mjolnir goes to him it is saying that it judges Rogers to live up to Odin's ideals. And I think for that to be true, Mjolnir has to think Rogers is selfless and thinks primarily of the welfare of others. But Mjolnir also has to think that Rogers is willing to do whatever it takes to stop Thanos.

In other words, Mjolnir has to believe that Rogers thinks he can win.

When I watch that scene, that's what I'm thinking. When Rogers fights Thanos, when he gets beat by Thanos, when he gets up and marches toward Thanos again, he's not going out in a blaze of glory, he thinks if he gets up one more time he can still win. Which is why he keeps getting up.
    My theory was his contact with the Tesseract.
    DNA3000 said:

This reminds me; there are lots of theories on why Rogers was able to wield Mjolnir. My own is (at least in its specifics) something I've never heard anyone else say. For me, the question is, when Odin says "whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor" what does Odin think it means to be "worthy?'

And I think we can actually say. Before he enchants Mjolnir he casts Thor out of Asgard saying he is "unworthy" and berating him for threatening innocent lives by almost starting a war for his own self aggrandizement. Earlier, when Odin is about to crown Thor the new King of Asgard, he asks Thor three questions:

Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and to pledge yourself only to the good of the realms?

Odin thinks Thor is unworthy because Thor doesn't actually live up to those ideals. Only when he sacrifices himself to save his friends and Earth from the Destroyer does Mjolnir judge Thor to be "worthy." But I think self-sacrifice is not enough.

Word of God says Rogers was always "worthy" but my own theory is that Rogers was not worthy of Mjolnir in Age of Ultron because while he was definitely a selfless person in general, he wasn't someone who "pledged himself only to the good of the realms." Rogers wasn't willing to do *anything* to protect others. He was "almost" worthy. But in Endgame, Rogers finally crossed that bridge: he was willing to do *anything* to stop Thanos. When Mjolnir felt that Rogers was "worthy" of it, because he wanted nothing except to wield Mjolnir to stop Thanos to protect others, that's when it answered his call.

Rogers is mortal, but when Mjolnir goes to him it is saying that it judges Rogers to live up to Odin's ideals. And I think for that to be true, Mjolnir has to think Rogers is selfless and thinks primarily of the welfare of others. But Mjolnir also has to think that Rogers is willing to do whatever it takes to stop Thanos.

When I watch that scene, that's what I'm thinking. When Rogers fights Thanos, when he gets beat by Thanos, when he gets up and marches toward Thanos again, he's not going out in a blaze of glory, he thinks if he gets up one more time he can still win. Which is why he keeps getting up.
    I believe that Steve was worthy in Age Of Ultron, he just chose not to lift the hammer as to not humiliate Thor and keep their friendship.
    DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

A l p h a said:

Alpha Scorpion

Reminds me of when me and my two buddies (all of us massive marvel nerds) were walking and talking in the hallways about I believe Black Panther, not quite sure.

I had on an Avengers T-shirt, my friend had on this Captain America hoodie he wears everyday. As we were walking past the strings room, the strings teacher says this: “You kids need to stop with the Marvel, otherwise you’ll be sad when it all crashes down.” None of us were in strings, might I add. So we carried on with our day, just thinking that it was a weird encounter.

Fast forward to the day I first saw Infinity War, and whose sitting next to me? None other than the same strings teacher who told us to stop with the Marvel.

DNA3000 said:

I believe that Steve was worthy in Age Of Ultron, he just chose not to lift the hammer as to not humiliate Thor and keep their friendship.
    That's the Word of God version I mentioned. The Russos have stated that their interpretation of Age of Ultron is that Rogers was worthy but stopped short of lifting the hammer. Joss Whedon (who actually directed Age of Ultron) has been more circumspect, but he himself suggested that theory in interviews, that it is *possible* Steve was holding back.

The most convincing piece of evidence that I have to admit is extremely strong is the fact that Rogers wobbled Mjolnir. Nowhere else does the hammer move except for worthy wielders: either you can lift the hammer or you cannot move it at all, with any amount of force.

I like my theory, but I cannot argue against that piece of evidence being very convincing.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Hulkbuster vs Hulk
    "Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep!"
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    The Mysterio illusion scene is so sick, the MCU put a lot of effort in that. That moon transition to Mysterio's helmet is so smooth, i need to rewatch it everytime. Shame he's just a guy with a fishbowl stuck on his head who uses drones to play his superpowers.
  • Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    -Iron Man blowing up a terrorist tank
    -“I’m with you til the end of the line”
    -Thor unleashing his lightning powers in Ragnarok
    -Thor’s arrival in Infinity War
    -Avengers Assemble
    If we’re counting non MCU films then a lot of Raimi Spidey scenes would be here
  • Zodiac_SignsZodiac_Signs Posts: 54
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

That's the Word of God version I mentioned. The Russos have stated that their interpretation of Age of Ultron is that Rogers was worthy but stopped short of lifting the hammer. Joss Whedon (who actually directed Age of Ultron) has been more circumspect, but he himself suggested that theory in interviews, that it is *possible* Steve was holding back.

The most convincing piece of evidence that I have to admit is extremely strong is the fact that Rogers wobbled Mjolnir. Nowhere else does the hammer move except for worthy wielders: either you can lift the hammer or you cannot move it at all, with any amount of force.

I like my theory, but I cannot argue against that piece of evidence being very convincing.
    Interesting view, especially the part on Mjolnir wobbling. I agree with you. It's either you can lift it or you cannot move it all. Though my initial thought is that he could in Age Of Ultron but chose not to, your theory is worth considering.
    You know, another good scene is in Black Panther, (rewatching it again now that it’s on Disney Plus) when he energy pulses the first car, then it flips and he lands and the other car.

You know, another good scene is in Black Panther, (rewatching it again now that it’s on Disney Plus) when he energy pulses the first car, then it flips and he lands and the other car.

Good one!
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I figure he was worthy in AoU but not ready, possibly due to the secret he carried regarding the death of tony's parents. The guilt/burden was no longer a factor in endgame.

My other theory is that the hammer wanted to be wielded in order to save its rightful owner.