**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 Chapter 4: The End of the Elders has Begun! [Rewards Updated]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Raganator said:

Hey everybody, thank you for all of the feedback, but we do not have any plans to change the way in which we deliver the 25% T5CC Fragments. It is not possible to make it into an item, and we won't be making it delivered later. You're gonna have to choose the Fragments you want when you finish the Act.

We could change it back to a Crystal if you guys want to hold on to something in your inventory though :wink:

Got it. So avoid Act 6.4 until I am within 25% of a fully formed T5CC. Makes sense.

Selectors are purchasable items in the sigil store. To say its impossible is a misnomer. Could just as easily make the selector purchasable with a unique form of consideration only available upon completion of Act 6.
    I didn't say it was impossible, but it's not possible with the Tech we have now. Notice that when you purchase a selector in the Black ISO Market that it also activates right away?

It's also just not something that we want for these rewards. While it's true that what you get in the future might change what you want from this, it's not meant to be a guaranteed way to get a T5CC, but to give you a bump to the one that you want at the time that you got that Selector.
    saying it's not possible to figure out a solution to this due to tech limitations seems extremely lazy.
    It's not lazy. He's telling you with the current code for the Selector, it's not possible. They would have to design a new Item. Is it possible? Yes. Is it what they want for it? Apparently not, according to what he said.
  • cityofenochcityofenoch Posts: 45

Raganator said:

Hey everybody, thank you for all of the feedback, but we do not have any plans to change the way in which we deliver the 25% T5CC Fragments. It is not possible to make it into an item, and we won't be making it delivered later. You're gonna have to choose the Fragments you want when you finish the Act.

We could change it back to a Crystal if you guys want to hold on to something in your inventory though :wink:

Got it. So avoid Act 6.4 until I am within 25% of a fully formed T5CC. Makes sense.

Selectors are purchasable items in the sigil store. To say its impossible is a misnomer. Could just as easily make the selector purchasable with a unique form of consideration only available upon completion of Act 6.
    I didn't say it was impossible, but it's not possible with the Tech we have now. Notice that when you purchase a selector in the Black ISO Market that it also activates right away?

It's also just not something that we want for these rewards. While it's true that what you get in the future might change what you want from this, it's not meant to be a guaranteed way to get a T5CC, but to give you a bump to the one that you want at the time that you got that Selector.
    saying it's not possible to figure out a solution to this due to tech limitations seems extremely lazy.
    It's not lazy. He's telling you with the current code for the Selector, it's not possible. They would have to design a new Item. Is it possible? Yes. Is it what they want for it? Apparently not, according to what he said.
    they designed an entirely new act to award end game content. Pretty sure to could take the time to make end game rewards.

Raganator said:

they designed an entirely new act to award end game content. Pretty sure to could take the time to make end game rewards.
    They just increased the Rewards because people asked for more. Now you want them to design an Item that doesn't exist in the game at that Rarity, just because they took the time to make this content? Um...
    Ebony_Naw said:

H3t3r said:

I'm not sure I follow the argument though. Considering T5CC is the most rare Cat, wouldn't you already be aware of what you want?

With us nit being able to open the 6* shards first we will just be guessing what we want. It makes more sense to open the 6* first then choose what t5cc you want. And not everyone has a class in mind as they may have no r3 candidates before opening all the 6* we get.
    For me, it would be whatever one is closest to being formed if I wasn't waiting to R3.
    But let's say you're close to forming a class that you only need one of like I am with mystic currently, I complete 6.4 and get the selector, choose mystic, then finish 6.4 completely and get mystic from the fully formed and 25% of another class i would need like science from the random crystal. Then that selector would have been better used towards science as opposed to doubling up on mystic unnecessarily
    Just like anyone else, you make the best decision you can in the moment, and deal with what comes in the future. There's no such thing as a perfect outcome.
    So make do with what they offered, that's your answer? A simple adjustment to when or how you get the reward could help with the selection tremendously, but instead we should just forget it because there's no such thing as a perfect outcome.

Seriously, there's no reason not to switch the selector to chapter 4 exploration, and giving the random for completion.
    Make do with what they offered is pretty much how most games go. I don't have any arguments to switching the two. Don't see an issue from my view, but it's not up to me. It's up to them. When someone says they can design something else just because they can, that's a little irreverent to the efforts they've already made, don't you think?
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    NinjAlan said:

Considering the calm nature the player base has exhibited in this thread I don't think this sort of snarky, threatening response is warranted, nor becoming of an employee.
    He was making a joke.. as for the calm nature of the player base.. that's the way people should act..

TheKiryu said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

I'm not sure I follow the argument though. Considering T5CC is the most rare Cat, wouldn't you already be aware of what you want?

With us nit being able to open the 6* shards first we will just be guessing what we want. It makes more sense to open the 6* first then choose what t5cc you want. And not everyone has a class in mind as they may have no r3 candidates before opening all the 6* we get.
    For me, it would be whatever one is closest to being formed if I wasn't waiting to R3.
    If I did that, it would result in me having a T5CC of the class of champion that I don't have any awakened champs as well as the class that I have only trash champions. So I would either have to get extremely lucky with my 6* pulls (LMFAO) or sit on it for a LONG time.
    If you're not sitting on at least one you want to take up by the time you get to the Selector, it's up in the air either way. Then you're just sitting on it in your Inventory, and I don't think that's a goal they want for T5CCs at this time. Just my opinion of course. Still, I don't know too many people who don't know what they're going for when it comes to the highest Rank-Ups.
    Its missing the mark completely.

Its due to the 25% crystal you get from exploration beeing absolutely random, and unless you see future you dont know what 25% class u will get after you explore. If you can match the selector to the class you get that is 50% of catalyst and would enable you to rank up additional champion.

Additionally you dont know what class you pull from t5cc so beeing able to select after also can let you escape *bad rng* of pulling a class t5cc you are about to form.

Lastly act 6 offers 6* nexus crystal and plenty 6* shards that will affect your 6* roster significantly enough.

Base point is currently you *have to bet* or make a decision without knowing how your account will look like within minutes (opening completion rewards, or days and hrs, opening exploration rewards).

Letting players choose after they know what cards they have been dealt would result in much better choice. Kinda like poker, currently you are forced to go all in before you have seen any cards on the table.
    You know what Champs you're pulling for. You know what Classes they are. You know how close you are in your Inventory to forming them. It's not a hard decision.
    :sigh: You're still missing it. After you finish 6.4 you'll have at least one full 6* to open. Let's say I have an unawakened Nick Fury currently(which I do) and I'm 25% of a t5cc away from taking him to r3. But I have a duped Corvus and I'm 50% away from taking him to r3. I get the selector first and must choose right then which to get. I choose cosmic because Nick Fury really needs his dupe, then I open the 6* crystal and dupe Fury. Now instead of being able to take someone to rank 3, helping my roster and my alliance prestige(for better AQ rewards) and probably a stronger defense in AW(more t5cc), I'm sitting on neither going to r3.

Now I know you'll say "You should have just taken skill and formed one." That's not always the correct answer. I have a fully formed skill currently from Abyss. The only way I'd take another skill is if I had both a duped Fury and a duped Aegon. I'd much rather a cosmic or science for my Corvus or Thing. The issue here is you can't open up the rest of your rewards to make an informed decision based on the 6* that's opened. That's why people are suggesting that the selector be a token that they can go and claim from their inventory. They can make an informed decision based on what they need most.
    Who's to say you have to apply the Resources with absolute symmetry?

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

If I did that, it would result in me having a T5CC of the class of champion that I don't have any awakened champs as well as the class that I have only trash champions. So I would either have to get extremely lucky with my 6* pulls (LMFAO) or sit on it for a LONG time.
    If you're not sitting on at least one you want to take up by the time you get to the Selector, it's up in the air either way. Then you're just sitting on it in your Inventory, and I don't think that's a goal they want for T5CCs at this time. Just my opinion of course. Still, I don't know too many people who don't know what they're going for when it comes to the highest Rank-Ups.
    Due to the way the rewards are being given out your needs from initial completion will change from when you fully explore act 6.4. That is what everyone is saying. So right now my need is skill because I have a r2 6 star Aegon but if I get a fully formed Skill t5cc upon exploration my need would shift to tech where I already have 16k t5cc shards. Hopefully that breakdown helps you understand the current dilemma since this isn't an issue for you.
    No, I get what the argument is. I just don't see how everything must line up.

I'm not really trying to make a thing out of it. I'm just saying they gave an inch. Might be pushing it to want more is all. It's just a part of RNG, and the game in general. Things don't always line up perfectly. Sometimes you pull what you don't need. Sometimes you have to make the best decision you see at the time. That's all I'm saying.
    We all know why you don't see how everything must line up. No one said it has to. We're saying Kabam should give us the option of opening the rest of our rewards to see what we might need. Kabam Miike said once you buy the selector from the black ISO store it activates immediately, but we have to buy it. We know what we need because we've opened our champion crystals and can make an informed opinion. Here we're hitting claim and having to choose which what we need without knowing exactly what we need. The point of being able to select something is to pick what you need the most. What you need the most in this case could quite literally change on the very next crystal you open from these same rewards.

You don't get the argument because where your account was when you stopped playing wasn't at the level where this decision could affect whether or not you can keep up in the prestige race or not. Your game experience doesn't match what the rest of us playing at the high end actually need. We can only get t5cc from AW seasons, Act 6, Abyss and sales. Once we've explored Act 6 and Abyss, we only have AW seasons which is a trickle at best and sales which are random.
    I get it. I also know people know what they want by the time they run something. You know you're pulling for X Champs, waiting to Rank Y, need Z Frags. What you're suggesting is waiting to see if you pull a better Champ with the Shards, and that doesn't always line up.
    No, not always you don't. I know what I'm closest to forming but that doesn't mean it's the best option to pick. That entirely depends on what champs I have.

I'm going to use myself as an example. I have a r2 duped Thing, a r2 unduped Corvus, a r1 unduped Fury, a r1 unduped Namor, and a r1 unduped Omega that I would consider taking to r3. I have a full skill t5cc so I wouldn't use the selector on that one. I'm closed to forming a science, but if I got a dupe on Namor, Corvus, or Omega I might want to opt for that version of t5cc.
    So make a decision based on what you think is best. People do it all the time. The game isn't going to line up perfectly all the time.

NinjAlan said:

Considering the calm nature the player base has exhibited in this thread I don't think this sort of snarky, threatening response is warranted, nor becoming of an employee.
    He was making a joke.. as for the calm nature of the player base.. that's the way people should act..
    Thank you, Doom! Some things are just wasted. My point is this is the TOUGHEST content in the game with entirely new nodes to push the end game player and the community was hoping for the rewards to reflect that, and they have the t5c selector and frag selector they already introduced AND might I add, sent said t5c selector IN AN EMAIL TO THE BIGGEST WHALE IN THE GAME. Initially they said they would not change the rewards (you agreed with that, my I just note). So Kabam compromised and boosted awards which i praised kabam mike earlier for doing -- read the post. That was helpful. Notwithstanding, many people in the community pointed out that to give a 25% t5c selector does little good if you can't use it before you get the other frags. Kabam says not possible! You say not possible! Once again, my note that they emailed said t5cc selector award to the biggest whale in the game.

NinjAlan said:

Thank you, Doom! Some things are just wasted. My point is this is the TOUGHEST content in the game with entirely new nodes to push the end game player and the community was hoping for the rewards to reflect that, and they have the t5c selector and frag selector they already introduced AND might I add, sent said t5c selector IN AN EMAIL TO THE BIGGEST WHALE IN THE GAME. Initially they said they would not change the rewards (you agreed with that, my I just note). So Kabam compromised and boosted awards which i praised kabam mike earlier for doing -- read the post. That was helpful. Notwithstanding, many people in the community pointed out that to give a 25% t5c selector does little good if you can't use it before you get the other frags. Kabam says not possible! You say not possible! Once again, my note that they emailed said t5cc selector award to the biggest whale in the game.
    CORRECTION: "does little good if you can't use it AFTER* you get the other frags." as well as the other t5cc.

TheKiryu said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

Its due to the 25% crystal you get from exploration beeing absolutely random, and unless you see future you dont know what 25% class u will get after you explore. If you can match the selector to the class you get that is 50% of catalyst and would enable you to rank up additional champion.

Additionally you dont know what class you pull from t5cc so beeing able to select after also can let you escape *bad rng* of pulling a class t5cc you are about to form.

Lastly act 6 offers 6* nexus crystal and plenty 6* shards that will affect your 6* roster significantly enough.

Base point is currently you *have to bet* or make a decision without knowing how your account will look like within minutes (opening completion rewards, or days and hrs, opening exploration rewards).

Letting players choose after they know what cards they have been dealt would result in much better choice. Kinda like poker, currently you are forced to go all in before you have seen any cards on the table.
    You know what Champs you're pulling for. You know what Classes they are. You know how close you are in your Inventory to forming them. It's not a hard decision.
    :sigh: You're still missing it. After you finish 6.4 you'll have at least one full 6* to open. Let's say I have an unawakened Nick Fury currently(which I do) and I'm 25% of a t5cc away from taking him to r3. But I have a duped Corvus and I'm 50% away from taking him to r3. I get the selector first and must choose right then which to get. I choose cosmic because Nick Fury really needs his dupe, then I open the 6* crystal and dupe Fury. Now instead of being able to take someone to rank 3, helping my roster and my alliance prestige(for better AQ rewards) and probably a stronger defense in AW(more t5cc), I'm sitting on neither going to r3.

Now I know you'll say "You should have just taken skill and formed one." That's not always the correct answer. I have a fully formed skill currently from Abyss. The only way I'd take another skill is if I had both a duped Fury and a duped Aegon. I'd much rather a cosmic or science for my Corvus or Thing. The issue here is you can't open up the rest of your rewards to make an informed decision based on the 6* that's opened. That's why people are suggesting that the selector be a token that they can go and claim from their inventory. They can make an informed decision based on what they need most.

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

Due to the way the rewards are being given out your needs from initial completion will change from when you fully explore act 6.4. That is what everyone is saying. So right now my need is skill because I have a r2 6 star Aegon but if I get a fully formed Skill t5cc upon exploration my need would shift to tech where I already have 16k t5cc shards. Hopefully that breakdown helps you understand the current dilemma since this isn't an issue for you.

I'm not really trying to make a thing out of it. I'm just saying they gave an inch. Might be pushing it to want more is all. It's just a part of RNG, and the game in general. Things don't always line up perfectly. Sometimes you pull what you don't need. Sometimes you have to make the best decision you see at the time. That's all I'm saying.
    We all know why you don't see how everything must line up. No one said it has to. We're saying Kabam should give us the option of opening the rest of our rewards to see what we might need. Kabam Miike said once you buy the selector from the black ISO store it activates immediately, but we have to buy it. We know what we need because we've opened our champion crystals and can make an informed opinion. Here we're hitting claim and having to choose which what we need without knowing exactly what we need. The point of being able to select something is to pick what you need the most. What you need the most in this case could quite literally change on the very next crystal you open from these same rewards.

You don't get the argument because where your account was when you stopped playing wasn't at the level where this decision could affect whether or not you can keep up in the prestige race or not. Your game experience doesn't match what the rest of us playing at the high end actually need. We can only get t5cc from AW seasons, Act 6, Abyss and sales. Once we've explored Act 6 and Abyss, we only have AW seasons which is a trickle at best and sales which are random.
    I get it. I also know people know what they want by the time they run something. You know you're pulling for X Champs, waiting to Rank Y, need Z Frags. What you're suggesting is waiting to see if you pull a better Champ with the Shards, and that doesn't always line up.
    No, not always you don't. I know what I'm closest to forming but that doesn't mean it's the best option to pick. That entirely depends on what champs I have.

I'm going to use myself as an example. I have a r2 duped Thing, a r2 unduped Corvus, a r1 unduped Fury, a r1 unduped Namor, and a r1 unduped Omega that I would consider taking to r3. I have a full skill t5cc so I wouldn't use the selector on that one. I'm closed to forming a science, but if I got a dupe on Namor, Corvus, or Omega I might want to opt for that version of t5cc.
    So make a decision based on what you think is best. People do it all the time. The game isn't going to line up perfectly all the time.
    also please note: the game RARELY IF EVER lines up perfectly. We know this! that is the very reason for this discussion stretching into 22 pages. But it has, historically, lined up after fully exploring end game content. See act 4 and act 5 rewards. That is the reason this long discussion exists because of past expectations KABAM set. NOT the community.

TheKiryu said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

also please note: the game RARELY IF EVER lines up perfectly. We know this! that is the very reason for this discussion stretching into 22 pages. But it has, historically, lined up after fully exploring end game content. See act 4 and act 5 rewards. That is the reason this long discussion exists because of past expectations KABAM set. NOT the community.
    The Resources are at a different point. The majority of T5CC are largely dependent on RNG at the moment. That's just where it's at.

TheKiryu said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

The Resources are at a different point. The majority of T5CC are largely dependent on RNG at the moment. That's just where it's at.
    right. and we are unfortunately having to accept that. My point was to suggest that they have already sent out a full t5cc selector and a partial during gifting. It can be done because it HAS been done. When i said Kabam mike's response was lazy, it's because he completely neglected to mention that slightly critical point that it has been done therefore NO new technology is needed, regardless of the fact that an entirely new act has been created and they should have considered all this from the start.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

NinjAlan said:

AND might I add, sent said t5c selector IN AN EMAIL TO THE BIGGEST WHALE IN THE GAME.
    Where do some of you get the nonsense that you spout?

TheKiryu said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

right. and we are unfortunately having to accept that. My point was to suggest that they have already sent out a full t5cc selector and a partial during gifting. It can be done because it HAS been done. When i said Kabam mike's response was lazy, it's because he completely neglected to mention that slightly critical point that it has been done therefore NO new technology is needed, regardless of the fact that an entirely new act has been created and they should have considered all this from the start.
    There were zero full t5c selectors available during gifting
    edited March 2020
    Also those rewards were not set up as content completion rewards they were either rank or alliance rank event rewards which are always issued that way. So while I dont disagree with what you'd like to see, you dont do your arguement any favors by spitting out falsehoods
    Ebony_Naw said:

TheKiryu said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

Nor are they offering a full t5cc selector here. I'm not sure I get your point.
    My point? He said they sent out a full t5c selector to the biggest whale in the game during gifting. I was just letting him know that was far from correct

Also those rewards were not set up as content completion rewards they were either rank or alliance rank event rewards which are always issued that way. So while I dont disagree with what you'd like to see, you dont do your arguement any favors by spitting out falsehoods

Sorry it was a 50% t5cc selector. Reference seatin’s 2019 gifting event analysis which is available online for all to see. Those rewards were sent in a message to recipients who qualified. Additionally, to become uncollected and cavalier a token was sent in a separate in game message. Just like gifting Rewards were sent in a message. Rewards have been sent like this before and the 50% has already happened. It’s not unprecedented. Individual compensation packets are sent frequently.
    Ebony_Naw said:

TheKiryu said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

I never said they were offering a t5cc selector here.
    edited March 2020
    Ebony_Naw said:

TheKiryu said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

My point? He said they sent out a full t5c selector to the biggest whale in the game during gifting. I was just letting him know that was car from correct

Sorry it was a 50% t5cc selector. Reference seatin’s 2019 gifting event analysis which is available online for all to see. Those rewards were sent in a message to recipients who qualified. Additionally, to become uncollected and cavalier a token was sent in a separate in game message. Just like gifting Rewards were sent in a message. Rewards have been sent like this before and the 50% has already happened. It’s not unprecedented. Individual compensation packets are sent frequently.
    I dont have to reference anything, I'm in the same alliance as the guy you're saying got sent a full t5c selector.

Also not true bc we didnt come in 1st
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    Dude...Miike went in and they listen and changed the rewards. I hope this thread closes. You can’t get everything you want. Selectors have always functioned this way and to suggest it wouldn’t for some reason seems ignorant. The rewards are much better now and people still complain.
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 59
    I am pleased Kabam listened to the community and updated the rewards. I still think the rewards are not super great but they are pretty decent now. There is a lot of very nice 6* r2 material and the 6* nexus is amazing, but a bit more of t5cc and 6* sig stones would have been perfect. Still they could not go so far as give great rewards in an update or they would feel they are giving too much away.

As it stands I would recommend this order of completion

Act 6 completion
    AoL completion
    AoL exploration
    Act6 exploration

Above all it is very nice kabam listened to the community
  • FF10FF10 Posts: 214 ★★
    Any idea when 6.4 will be released ?
  • EBG78EBG78 Posts: 122 ★★
    FF10 said:

Any idea when 6.4 will be released ?

Should still be the 11th.

Ebony_Naw said:

TheKiryu said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

My point? He said they sent out a full t5c selector to the biggest whale in the game during gifting. I was just letting him know that was car from correct

I dont have to reference anything, I'm in the same alliance as the guy you're saying got sent a full t5c selector.

i clarified that it was a 50% selector. We're being given a 25% selector.

Ebony_Naw said:

TheKiryu said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

i clarified that it was a 50% the selector. We're being given a 25% selector.
    the point was that kabam has sent out a reward almost identical to what they are offering for act 6.4 completion. A lot of people asked if kabam could delay when you select it to better optimize the reward. I don't get why you are upset by people trying to help the community out here? I clarified the error in the full t5cc. If you are upset about that fair enough. Again, I clarified that and will clarify again here if that offends you less. It was a 50% selector. The point was that a rewards greater than what we are getting, but similar, was sent out and the user could select the class they wanted when they wanted. if you don't want the community to have more options in rewards fine. People said no one would change the rewards initially. The community spoke and it was adjusted. I don't get why you are upset at someone trying to help the community as a whole here. This is not changing the reward, only asking to adjust when it is given. Mentioning the t5cc 50% selector was only to demonstrate that kabam has been able to send awards out individually.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Does anyone know if force quitting the game during the selection screen with a catalyst selector sends it to stash?
    Lvernon15 said:

Does anyone know if force quitting the game during the selection screen with a catalyst selector sends it to stash?

You'll probably end up with the Class it's on when it crashes. Either that, or you'll have to select another. It doesn't likely go to Stash. It just ends the connection with the server. That's where the Rewards come from.
    ....or worse. A bunch of people will lose it and have to contact Support. Lol.