**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• AquamaAquama Posts: 135
    Name : Aquam
    Device: iPad 6th gen
    Version 25.3
    My system: iOS 13.3.1

Game crashes and shuts down within 1 minute of starting a fight in event quests. Entire shutdown. Game is currently unplayable unless I get lucky enough to finish 1 fight before a crash, then I can move on to the next fight, and it will most likely crash. Tried deleting and reinstalling with no change.
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    Caino23
    iPhone X
    iOS11
    WiFi and Cellular
    v25.3

I’ve noticed, particularly in AQ, and almost every single time when fighting certain champs like Green Goblin, there is a very quick lag as soon as the fight starts. I have to blindly assume the champ starts the fight attempting an attack against my Ghost and respond after they miss due to phase.
  • HeWhoIsHim
    iphone7
    Ios 13.3.1
    Cell and Wifi
    Both monthly event quests, 6.2.2, variant 1, aq and aw, arena. Any mode
    The app crashes literally every fight about 20 seconds in. It crashes if I am sitting in the prefight screen, it crashes if I am at the home page. It crashes non stop, the game has become completely unplayable at this point. My phone software is fully updated as is the app. I even deleted and reinstalled but didnt help. Cannot play the game at all without it crashing.
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    Caino23
    iPhone X
    iOS11
    WiFi and Cellular
    v25.3

Since the last update I've noticed I'm getting the red connection waiting symbol far far far more frequently than ever before.
  • I was playing in dungeons got booted reconnected got booted again and now I cant connect and it's been like this for about 5 hours now I'm just hoping I wont need to restart all the over
  • Vapour Trail
    iPhone 7
    iOS 13.3
    Game version 25.3
    Game crashes altogether, usually mid fight, but this has also happened to me on the arena matchup screen and crystals menu too. Most commonly happens during arena fights usually at the expense of that fight as when I log back in the fight has finished in defeat. I’ve also seen it happen in events regularly over the last few weeks and tonight in AQ for the first time. Seems to happen once every 10-20 mins or so. Very frustrating!
  • Does anyone know why iOS app not working it does not start just acts like it is starting but never does???
  • Name : soulbag
    Device model : iPhone 6 S
    Device Os : IOS 13.3.1
    cellular and Wifi : both
    Latest update of MCOC (978177 )
    Issue : it seems that since upgrading my phone the the latest ios, the battery gets drain very fast when i play, and the phone heat up also. Not as intense as a few month ago, but i still see an issue
  • game crashes, almost always mid-fight, this is happening in quests, arenas, aw, aq. As of today the game has become almost unplayable. (Using 6th generation ipad, iphone 8 , & ipad air 3rd generation)
  • DanmatroDanmatro Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: Danmatro
    Device and Model: IPhone 8
    Device Operating System: iOS 13..3.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 25.3
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: After few second after the loading of the main page or soon start browsing the menu the app crashes as connection lost. Tried already to connect to different hotspot but with the same result. App uninstalled an re-installed, again the same result.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    In-Game Name: n0ux
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: iOS 13.3.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Mode: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: Game in fights runs on low framerate, each day different performance. Night time game runs smooth, day and evening game is So choppy it’s impossible to play. On top of that phone is getting really hot after playing for 10 about minutes. Please fix performance.
  • AdamtazAdamtaz Posts: 31
    edited March 2020
    In-Game Name:Adamtaz
    Device and Model: iPad 5th gen
    Device Operating System: iPad iOS 13.3.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: pretty much all game modes but worse in AQ & AW
    Description of the Issue: Left side commands unresponsive.just stands still when trying to block , parry and evade incoming attacks and when I try to fire of a special my champ just stands but starts blocking. doesn’t appear to be iPad as it doesn’t mater which side as can flip iPad and it is still the same.
  • Coreyb516Coreyb516 Posts: 40
    I’ve been experiencing very choppy game play I have tested this on 2 phones 1 razor phone other iPhone max with WiFi on and off is this just the state of contest rn cause no matter what I do this is a constant in this game
  • LgavinLgavin Posts: 2
    I am unable to evade, attack or even block while in AQ and event quest. Using ipad on OS 13.3.1. Kabam please address this issue as it has happened to several members of my alliance during this round of AQ and I have no doubt it has cost units to players and probably our standing in AQ this round.
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 179
    The heat is back the iPad is getting very hot. Left control is having a will of it’s own where hold , attack and firing specials are done randomly. It’s worse when the iPad is heating up. The game speeds up and down so what new tweaks did you add today?
  • Andy_1900Andy_1900 Posts: 6
    In-game name : Andy-1900
    Device: iPhone 6plus
    Operating system: iSO 12.4.5
    Cellular/WiFi: Both
    Game version: 26
    Game mode: all
    Descriptions: 1)Game freezes then disconnect in arena, upon reconnect the fight has been lost without even fighting. 2)When starting a fight in AQ or AW, the game crashes and when logging back half of the health is gone. 3)The game is too slow,I get constantly connection errors, crashes and lagging. 4) Battery drains faster than usual.
    Plz do something, currently the game is almost unplayable.

iOS 13.3.1
    Game 26.0

You really have to dig dealer into solving your disconnects that now are happening all the time in addition to small lags in the fights. Fights are noticeable changing during the fights. Happening a lot in monthly event.

iPad heats up still.

In the fights even Master level quests are difficult that usually is so easy at my level.
  • _Mac_203_Mac_203 Posts: 40
    Where is the damn responses to these issues ??? Can’t even play this **** anymore! Characters are just doing their own thing in the middle of fights and I’m sick of wasting resources and having it cost us deaths in war or lose a fight in aq! And yet no responses, solutions, updates, nothing regarding it
  • asgardtrollasgardtroll Posts: 9
    IOs 13.3.1
    Game 26.0

Connection failure when entering Arena (and no it's not due to my wifi). Naturally fight is lost and I lose my streak.
    Why aren't fights in Arena not being reset anymore? This happens far to often and it is really annoying to have to redo all this effort again due to a lousy connection error.
  • njandynjandy Posts: 238
    is this laggy enough proof??
  • iPhone SE iOS 13.3.1 operating with Latest Game version.
    Hey, I have recently got a 5 star Crystal via collecting Shard, but when I tried to open the crystal, the game crashed and I lost the crystal without receiving a hero, can anyone please help me with this?
    Game Tag: yash2404
  • Yashg2404 said:

iPhone SE iOS 13.3.1 operating with Latest Game version.
    Hey, I have recently got a 5 star Crystal via collecting Shard, but when I tried to open the crystal, the game crashed and I lost the crystal without receiving a hero, can anyone please help me with this?

@Yashg2404 , if game crashes when opening a hero crystal, the resulting champ should still have been awarded to you (even though your system may have crashed before you could see who it was). Note, champs are determined as soon as the opening process begins (not when you actually press to stop the spinning along the bottom reel).

Check your Hero Roster and see if any have the “highlighted glow” around them (indicating a NEW champ since last time you went into your Hero Roster), or at least maybe see if you have some champ that you didn’t think you had before.

Or else check your Alliance Pane of recent champs and see if any of them were from when you tried to open your 5* crystal (note, clicking on “opened champs” in alliance pane will show you who opened them, but if it was YOU then it DOES NOT pop-open your own profile, that is how you can tell if one was from your own opening or was someone else's).
  • In-game name : Tootyfroots
    Device: iPhone 8plus
    Operating system: iSO 13.3.1
    Cellular/WiFi: Both
    Game version: 26
    Game mode: all
    Descriptions: recently noticed overheating in my device only when this app is active. Very noticeable and immediate after opening the app.
  • Yashg2404 said:

iPhone SE iOS 13.3.1 operating with Latest Game version.

@Yashg2404 , if game crashes when opening a hero crystal, the resulting champ should still have been awarded to you (even though your system may have crashed before you could see who it was). Note, champs are determined as soon as the opening process begins (not when you actually press to stop the spinning along the bottom reel).

Check your Hero Roster and see if any have the “highlighted glow” around them (indicating a NEW champ since last time you went into your Hero Roster), or at least maybe see if you have some champ that you didn’t think you had before.

Or else check your Alliance Pane of recent champs and see if any of them were from when you tried to open your 5* crystal (note, clicking on “opened champs” in alliance pane will show you who opened them, but if it was YOU then it DOES NOT pop-open your own profile, that is how you can tell if one was from your own opening or was someone else's).
    Hello,
    I have tried all that, trust me, I checked my alliance updates board and also my hero inventory for the 5 star, I only had 2 5-stars before this, and therefore am very certain that the last one has not been awarded. Please look into this, I have really taken a lot of time saving that many shards
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    In-Game Name: n0ux
    Game Version Installed: 26.0
    Description of the Issue: For past 2 days game runs on really low framerate in fights. Its impossible to play 6.4 with this inconsistent framerate in difficult fights. Can u please fix it. I want to explore act 6...
    iOS 13.3.1 and latest game version.

Heat is back and so are the inconsistent game speed. Sluggish flow and the controls are late. Defenders rushing all across the arena no matter if the distance is short or long the defenders always reach all the way.
  • In-Game Name: gilgaladtr
    Game Mode: All game modes especially alliance quest
    Description of the Issue: For 2 days, game is crushing without any warning during fight. When i reopen the game, power of my heroes got half or lessen. It is repetitive, how many times i open the game, eventually it is crushing. If game does not crush, it is starting working slowly.
    Additionally phone gets heat easily
    Im open for any quick advice since it is impossible to continue like that
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    In-Game Name: Superfarz
    Cellular or WiFi: On Both
    Description of the Issue: Since last update game is crushing without any warning during fights ( quests/arena/aq —> any mode). Sometimes i notice now the sound is acting up and i can actually hear it glitching and know the game will close any seconds... When i reopen the game in AQ/AW health is gone 50%. Also major lagg issues/freezing. Very frustrating. I used to play 1.5 year ago and quit the game because the overheating issue back then which was destroying the phones. Restarted the game now see more issues are now here than before..hail hydra...
  • PortalWombatPortalWombat Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: PortalWombat
    Cellular or WiFi: On Both
    Description of the Issue: Pretty much the exact same issue as above. Very frequent game crashes in act 6 (unable to complete one fight) and in the rest of content. Being kicked out of the game to home page every fight makes game unplayable so I’m really hopeful this common iPhone 7 related issue will get looked at. Apart from that frame-drop lags when there is a lot happening on screen like Cap Marvel entering binary ignition or phasing with Ghost - overall terrible game performance since the last update