**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why can’t I create space between the defender anymore??

I’ve been experiencing issues where opponents launch specials or heavies and I can’t create enough space to get away. It’s mainly on multiple hit heavies and specials. I literally just ate Medusa’s sp2 after I had dexed it and made it all the way across the screen or as far as I could go rather. Yellowjacket punisher 2099 cap IW and Medusa heavy all act the same way. It’s cheating in AI. When’s the AI algorithm ban wave coming??? If I’m normally dashing back I can make plenty of space. So why is this happening. I could send the video but you really can’t see my hands swiping back now could you???

Comments

• runtimmyruntimmy Posts: 5
    Not sure if I'm addressing your issue but you know even if you're cornered against a wall you can evade/dex even though you technically don't have physical space to move back right? It's just about the timing of when you dash back.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    I think I understand what you're saying. Though I don't quite know how to describe it. It's as if the field of view (which also governs your movement) is not advancing backwards as it should be. If the oppenent is moving to the left (forward) and you are also moving to the left (backwards), the field of view should be moving with you, but it doesn't in these cases. Almost like making a false wall for you to have your back against preventing you from backing up any further. When in reality you are still far from the wall. And yes, we understand what to do when our back is actually at the wall, but when this occurs it throws off our decision making in the moment because we are not actually against a wall and act accordingly, believing we have the ability to create distance. Does that sound about right?
    I have a feeling that the shallow evade/deep evade mechanic might be playing a part in this (the closer to the point of impact you dodge, the more distance you will create), but I'm not sure if it's working as it always has in the past. I think the AI is just gaining frame advantage on us when this happens, but I'm going to pay more attention next time this is happening and see if I can figure anything out.
    For me, a similar interaction is when facing opponents who lash out with multiple basic attacks even if you deep evade their initial dash. Most AI will back off after seeing you've out ranged them with a deep evade, but some keep pressing in, very quickly. Venom does multiple, Hulk, KM, Sparky and many others do two sometimes. I think what happens is even though your initial evade was a deep evade, your second one and any others immediately after (to avoid the second attack following their initial dash) are shallow evades. Leaving us in close proximity.