**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Alliance War ending issues [Merged Thread; Title edited for clarity]

Comments

• Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 266 ★★★
    How can you say this won’t count in one factor but will count in another. It counts or it doesn’t. That needs to be the response. @Kabam Miike
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Loveshack said:

Loveshack said:

If war rating will still be affected then how does the war not count!? We are in Plat 3 right now. We win we move into tier 3 from tier 4. We lose we fall lower back into tier 4. Not to mention that but how are we gauranteed it’s not going to “count” what if we lose and then our placement shows Plat 4. Which is what would happen if we lost a war that really counted. Why can’t you just cancel matchmaking all together and have the next phase begin Sunday night like it usually would.

You cant drop rank if the season points dont count. The worst that could happen is you lose and drop a tier so start your next war a tier lower.
    Yes I understand the war rating. But the track record of season points issues being “fixed” is not a good one. Not to mention why is our war rating being affected if the war doesn’t count. With 11 wars in the season now war rating is more important then ever if you want to push into a higher bracket. We will now have to play 3 wars in tier 4 to reach tier 3 if we lose this upcoming one. As well the alliances who lost in a 5 minute war having their war rating affected is simply wrong. Our war placement phase is moving along just fine so we will be playing in a regular war. If we want to push P2 we need to win the war for war rating alone so we can get the tier upgrade for a higher multiplier. Staying in P3 while being in tier 4 means you can’t lose. So we lose war rating and then a real war we are in P4 just like that. It needs to be canceled. You can’t tell someone the war doesn’t count but it still affects war rating. It’s contradicting

So you're basically going back a few seasons to where offseason wars affected rating. Now you get to choose to tank or not. Enjoy
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Same as last time where people’s war rating were still affected so in the long run this resulted in an unfair advantage. Not good enough and a cheap way out
    We had season upon season where offseason wars still affected rating. You're trying to tell me you can't manage a single war where that's the case? Come on man
  • 1_Banshee1_Banshee Posts: 5
    Consumables will not be refunded?! Fine, money will not be spent in this game again
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 266 ★★★
    Not count this war at all. Hmmmmmm. WR rating affected. That means this war has an affect. Right???
  • FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★

Loveshack said:

If war rating will still be affected then how does the war not count!? We are in Plat 3 right now. We win we move into tier 3 from tier 4. We lose we fall lower back into tier 4. Not to mention that but how are we gauranteed it’s not going to “count” what if we lose and then our placement shows Plat 4. Which is what would happen if we lost a war that really counted. Why can’t you just cancel matchmaking all together and have the next phase begin Sunday night like it usually would.

You cant drop rank if the season points dont count. The worst that could happen is you lose and drop a tier so start your next war a tier lower.
    This is a big deal. Why should you have to fight in a war that doesn’t count to maintain your tier when others don’t have to fight in the war at all to maintain their tier. So some alliances need to use their items and fight it like a regular war just to maintain their tier while others can sit it out, save items, and get the same result. This is not fair at all.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    edited March 2020

Hey everybody,

We've sent a message in-game. This is not an ideal situation, but we're going to call this War a wash. No, we are not ending the season, but the fairest way to handle this is to not count this war at all. If your Alliance was affected by the issue, you don't have to worry. If your Alliance matched, as the message said, it will not count.

Not counting is fine... (as long as it don't count for EVERYONE) however,

is totally BOGUS.

Why not reimburse people for what they used? They aren't free resources, so, they should get everything back.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    So the next matchmaking phase starts in 1 day and ~20 hours for everyone now?

Dr. Zola

Loveshack said:

This is a big deal. Why should you have to fight in a war that doesn’t count to maintain your tier when others don’t have to fight in the war at all to maintain their tier. So some alliances need to use their items and fight it like a regular war just to maintain their tier while others can sit it out, save items, and get the same result. This is not fair at all.
    Oh I dont know, maybe bc that's exactly how it worked for a very long time. Just suck it up and deal with it
  • SkuncSkunc Posts: 39
    May have been mentioned already, I noticed that because of the issue and the war ending in a loss, we “missed” enlistment for next war. Now we are on 1d 19hr wait for next war matchmaking. Everyone else in the same boat?

Kabam, why not release updates during war off season so bugs don’t mess up season war as much?
    Skunc said:

May have been mentioned already, I noticed that because of the issue and the war ending in a loss, we “missed” enlistment for next war. Now we are on 1d 19hr wait for next war matchmaking. Everyone else in the same boat?

Kabam, why not release updates during war off season so bugs don’t mess up season war as much?

Not clear from @Kabam Miike statement, but I’m guessing this war will go on for those who matched and have normal war, but will not count. For those of us who got “short war,” we have to wait for the system to run through normal attack phase for those who got normal war. Then no points for anyone from this war.

But I confess that’s just a guess.

Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

We had season upon season where offseason wars still affected rating. You're trying to tell me you can't manage a single war where that's the case? Come on man

The problem here is that this is not a choice being offered to everyone equally. Some alliances had their wars broken, and some lost lost rating through no fault of their own. That means their future points this season will be affected by the bug. I'm presuming no one believes those alliances should in effect magically lose rating on a war that is being essentially erased from the record.

But then we have the separate population of alliances that are about to fight a war on Saturday, and they are about to fight a war that also won't count for points. But it will affect their rating going into the war that starts on Sunday. So if they don't put in maximum effort to try to win, their war rating will be lower on Sunday than if the Friday war never happened. But if they do fight at maximum effort they will be spending on a war that doesn't count for points.

So for all the competitive alliances, some will be spending on twelve wars and some will be spending on eleven wars but for all of them only eleven wars count. That's a significant cost fairness issue.

We can't let alliances lose rating for no reason, and every alliance that lost today during the bug lost rating for no reason. But if we fix them, and all bugged alliances get to completely set this war aside as a mulligan, that then puts them into a potential advantageous situation compared to the alliances unaffected by the bug, who will have to spend more on alliance war than the bugged alliances. And this is an easy problem to fix: erase all ratings changes for the Friday-Saturday war, whether the alliance was in a bugged match or not. That way everyone bugged can just pretend the war didn't happen. Every alliance not bugged can choose to fight or not fight the Saturday was as if it was an off season war. And no alliance has any particular advantage or disadvantage over any other in terms of the season brackets or rewards.

• 1_Banshee said:

Consumables will not be refunded?! Fine, money will not be spent in this game again

This message let everybody know about this before their Attack Phase started. We are warning in advance not to use Consumables.
    DNA3000 said:

Ordalca said:

Regarding this war not counting score-wise, will it count towards the 5 wars for season rewards? Also, will war rating be affected or is this to be treated as an off-season war?

War rating will still be affected, and it will count towards the 5 Wars that you need to complete.
    @Kabam Miike I think you need to strongly suggest to the devs to reverse that decision quickly. If the war isn't going to count, it has to be a ratings frozen war so both sides can choose to fight or not fight as they see fit as if it was an off season war. If rating counts you will force all alliances currently unaffected by the bug to fight as hard as possible to preserve rating, including spending items, even though the points themselves won't count.

It is fine if the war counts for participation, that's the reasonable move to make. But if it doesn't score points within the season, you have to let those alliances off the hook to not fight at maximum effort. Otherwise, in effect all the alliances not affected by the bug will have a significant disadvantage: they will have to spend to not lose, but that victory won't count towards the season points.

In my opinion the devs need to reverse this decision quickly, and notify the players of it before attack phase starts. Once attack phase starts and alliances start to spend on that war, you're going to have problems difficult to reverse.

Edit: it goes without saying that all ratings changes affecting alliances that were hit by the bug should also be reversed.
    Correct. Down a tier and lost war rating. Those who jumped in and “won a short war” have boosted rating and didn’t drop.

How’s that putting things back the way they were?

Dr. Zola
  • NetjgrnautNetjgrnaut Posts: 68
    What about the change in war tier & alliance war rating resulting from the bogus loss?
  • edited March 2020
    DNA3000 said:

Ordalca said:

Regarding this war not counting score-wise, will it count towards the 5 wars for season rewards? Also, will war rating be affected or is this to be treated as an off-season war?

War rating will still be affected, and it will count towards the 5 Wars that you need to complete.
    @Kabam Miike I think you need to strongly suggest to the devs to reverse that decision quickly. If the war isn't going to count, it has to be a ratings frozen war so both sides can choose to fight or not fight as they see fit as if it was an off season war. If rating counts you will force all alliances currently unaffected by the bug to fight as hard as possible to preserve rating, including spending items, even though the points themselves won't count.

It is fine if the war counts for participation, that's the reasonable move to make. But if it doesn't score points within the season, you have to let those alliances off the hook to not fight at maximum effort. Otherwise, in effect all the alliances not affected by the bug will have a significant disadvantage: they will have to spend to not lose, but that victory won't count towards the season points.

In my opinion the devs need to reverse this decision quickly, and notify the players of it before attack phase starts. Once attack phase starts and alliances start to spend on that war, you're going to have problems difficult to reverse.

Edit: it goes without saying that all ratings changes affecting alliances that were hit by the bug should also be reversed.
    Damn it. I didn’t check that message. War ratings will NOT be affected. It will still happen for this war, but we will fix it manually.
    edited March 2020
    End of the day, it's a joke of a situation most of us are stuck in but really this is exactly how offseason wars used to work anyway.

Incredibly inconvenient but I have zero faith in them doing anything to correct that. So here we will sit, either sucking it up and going for a win or taking a pass and dumping the rating
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

End of the day, it's a joke of a situation most of us are stuck in but really this is exactly how offseason wars used to work anyway.

Incredibly inconvenient but I have zero faith in them doing anything to correct that. So here we will sit, either sucking it up and going for a win or taking a pass and dumping the rating

Huge difference, the time you are speaking of people had the choice to start and tank the war. This is a situation where the choice was removed. War for seasons was already started...

DNA3000 said:

Ordalca said:

Damn it. I didn’t check that message. War ratings will NOT be affected. It will still happen for this war, but we will fix it manually.
    And Tiers/multipliers if they changed?

Dr. Zola
  • Loveshack said:

Damn it. I hate autocorrect sometimes. War ratings will NOT be affected. It will still happen for this war, but we will fix it manually.

Well that’s a horse of a different color. So we don’t even need to attack then? Just let it pass, war rating gets fixed manually before the Sunday war and we all move on like nothing happened?
    @Kabam Miike

Before Sunday? I can’t say for certain, but it will be fixed and not affect the Season’s final ratings. The longer it takes to fix, the more complicated it will be, but we will fix it.
  • Buttttt4Buttttt4 Posts: 22
    I was freaking out thinking it was only my clan lol

• ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Glad I don't play competitively lol. Hopefully this all gets resolved in the best way possible for the playerbase.
  • WilyGhostWilyGhost Posts: 6
    edited March 2020
    Consumables will not be refunded and Points will not count to the season.....This is informed beforehand.
    But @Kabam Miike the post says that War rating will be affected. If we don't put in the maximum effort for the war that doesn't count then if we lose wouldn't we lose War rating points and potentially drop to a lower tier for the next war that actually counts and hence get a lower multiplier and lower overall season score?
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,129 ★★★★★
    This glitch caused us to lose a war. Sure the points will not count and this war will not count but what about the 38 points drop in war rating?
This discussion has been closed.