**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ebony Maw in uncollected

Ebony Maw is ridiculously strong and i feel that this is always the case with the uncollected event quest that you pack way to much on bosses and make the fights near impossible to beat just because you got youtubers that can beat it dont mean everyone else can we should be going in there to get the reward to get stronger we shouldn’t need a maxed out character to get it done it make no sense, this needs to be changed asap stop making the bosses in event quest impossible to beat unless your maxed out or be the best player ever #kabam

Comments

• PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Do you have blade and dorm/Mephisto by chance? That synergy helps out quite a bit on that fight
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Human Torch melts him. Keep temperature over 10 and he can't miss when Ebony Maw instigates Falter.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Human Torch. If you have him, that's what I used.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Human Torch
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    It's only day 2 of the event. Maybe try practicing in master first
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    The irony of the entire situation .. I took him out easily using Cull Obsidian.
    :)
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    @Neotwism i thought he was very tough. I don’t ever use synergies so that’s on me. I do always reach the boss with all my champs, so I basically used everyone and saved quake for last...I think. I do remember using her first and he kept healing back up. I also don’t ever read the nodes (also on me).
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Human Torch 5* R3 effective
    Nick Fury 4* R5 most effective champ for me

Quake was terrible (concussion blocked by node, so he heals faster than you can damage him)
    Void should work, but I could not stay alive long enough to get heal reversal.

Champs who can parry non-contact hits should work (did not try yet).
    Then you can do parry/heavy and keep focus broken.
    Denslo500 said:

Definitely works .. Cull Obsidian for the win!

(I'm having trouble remembering who else can block non-contacts, though ?)

• VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    dot_ditto said:

Denslo500 said:

Proxima can parry him aswell.
    Also Wasp is a great champion as well if you can intercept
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    dot_ditto said:

Denslo500 said:

Heimdall and Proxima Midnight also Ronin
  • Denslo500 said:

Quake was terrible (concussion blocked by node, so he heals faster than you can damage him)

Yeah I use NF or Void
    issamaf80 said:

dot_ditto said:

Denslo500 said:

Heimdall and Proxima Midnight also Ronin
    Oh thanks!

reading up on them, Heimdall and Ronin are conditional .. (still good, just stating the obvious)

So that leaves Cull and Proxima as guarantees ... .. nice.

Thanks again!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Denslo500 said:

I got him with Void, but I'm wondering if I can get him with Hulk Rag so I'm going to try him next. He would have some advantage against degen passives and his heavy attack tends to land without being interrupted, plus he has heal block. Might work.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Easy fight
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Maw seems to be quite a bit better defender since his buff. He’s not impossible but you definitely want to have a counter for him.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    CapIW, really easy to incept his heavy with your heavy and also intercept his SP1 with your heavy. Get to 1 sP2, Nuke him and he dead
    Denslo500 said:

Yeah I used an R3. Melted him. I'm going to take him to R4, but I'm short a couple Basics since coming back from retirement. Lol.
    Well....I'm dabbling here and there. Not full force yet.
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    I think I beat him with Angela.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

just because you got youtubers that can beat it dont mean everyone else can

Are you doing Master first? When you do Master, do you actively practice against the bosses, or do you just try to overpower them? Do you read the nodes, and do you read the champion descriptions? Do you read posts by other players talking about tactics or roster options? Do watch Youtube walk throughs looking for ideas? If you aren't doing everything you can to make it easier, you can't really complain that it is too hard. Not when you're doing it in the hardest possible way.

You have a month to complete the quest. If you're complaining about it being too hard on day two, you aren't doing it right in the first place.
    This. So much, this.
  • The_Mighty_ToeThe_Mighty_Toe Posts: 132
    I had no problems with him at all using an R3 duped red hulk. He pretty much dropped in 90% and then I could use anyone on my roster to finish him off.